I’ve been trying to unlock my iPhone for some time, but it seems that I totally forgot the screen lock password. What can I do now? If I reset my iPhone, will I lose all the data in my iPhone? Any suggestions, please? Thanks!
Well, if you forgot the screen lock password for your iPhone, you will have to reset the iPhone to factory settings and then set up a new password. But the factory settings of iPhone will lead to the data loss in your iPhone, as iPhone doesn’t save contacts in the SIM card, so you may lose contacts and other data when resetting iPhone. So before doing that, you will need to back up your iPhone data to computer.
iTunes won’t be helpful on this issue. When your iPhone is locked, iTunes can’t recognize the device. So you will need third party software to help. If you want to back up the contacts, messages and so on, I suggest you use Leawo iOS Data Recovery. This is multifunctional iPhone data recovery software, and it is used for recovering lost files from iPad, iPhone and iPod touch as well as backing up iPhone, iPhone and iPod touch files to computer. This software can help you to backup iPhone files to computer before resetting your iPhone, and the software will also help you to recover deleted contacts if you can’t find the contacts back after restoring your iPhone. Check out the following guidance, it will show you how to extract iPhone contacts from your iPhone when you forgot the screen lock password.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer with the USB cable, and then run the software. The software will recognize your iPhone and show a “Start” button in the middle of the window. Click the button and the software will analyze your iPhone.
2. After the analysis of your iPhone, the software will start a deep scan for your iPhone contents, and then show the contents in categories in the left sidebar. Choose “Contacts” and the contents will be shown in the right part of the window. Check the square before “Contacts” to extract all the contacts from your iPhone; or check certain contacts in the window of the software. Click “Recover” at the right bottom of the window to extract the contacts from your iPhone.
3. A dialog pops up after clicking the “Recover” button. Click “Open” and choose a target folder on your computer to save the exported contacts.
You will get the contacts when the extraction is done. The software will keep all the information in your contacts, and export them to CSV, VSF and HTML files. You are able to view the contacts with ease.
But Leawo iOS Data Recovery will not be helpful for backing up the music files, apps and so on. if you have saved some CD songs or non-purchased items in your iPhone, you can use the iPhone transfer software to back up the files in your iPhone to computer. Leawo iTransfer enables you to transfer files without the sync of iTunes. The following guidance will show you how to backup iPhone movies to computer.
Tips: Leawo iTransfer only works with iTunes installed on your PC.
1. Run the software and plug the iPhone into computer with the USB cable. The software will recognize your iPhone and show the libraries of your iPhone in the left sidebar.
2. Choose the “Music” library and all the music files will be shown in the right. Click the transfer button (right arrow in the dark blue rectangle) at the right bottom of the window to transfer all the music files. Or hold “Ctrl” and click to choose certain files, and then right-click the chosen files and choose “Transfer to > My Computer”.
3. After choosing files, the dialog of transfer settings will come out. Check “Save to Folder” and click “Change” to choose a target folder to save the music files.
The software will finish transferring the music files in seconds. Then you will find the music files in the target folder. If you have saved tons of music files in your iPhone, the process will be longer.
Leawo iOS Data Recovery and Leawo iTransfer can be helpful for backing up iPhone files to computer before resetting iPhone. When you forgot screen lock password of your iPhone and have to reset it, check Leawo iOS Data Recovery and Leawo iTransfer out.