If you are frequently invited to some meetings, you might be very familiar with a meeting tool - Google Meet. Usually, Google Meet is used in some big events or important meetings among different groups. Simply speaking, the main ability of Google Meet is to allow people to get access to the online meeting no matter where you are. Since the meeting is always held online, then some people may not be able to attend meeting online in time sometimes. If Google Meet could be recorded, then those who did not attend the meeting could access to the whole content you have recorded. Exactly, today we would spend some time in discussing how to record Google Meet in the detailed steps. If this is what you are looking for, then you should stop here for more information.
Part 1: Can You Record on Google Meet?
Yes. All the features of Google Meet video calls can be accessed in your current web browser, which means that no additional software or applications are required to run. Google said that in addition to the back-end advantages, it is safer to use Google Chrome for video conferencing. If you already have a Google account, for example, if you are a Gmail user, you can log in to meet.google.com to get started. If you don’t have a free Google account, you can create an account with your company or a personal email address of your choice in just one minute. Google requires this step to ensure safety, and you only need to perform it once. But before using Google Meet, one thing you should understand about this feature is that it only works when you access Google Meet on your PC. In short, if you connect to the conference call via your smartphone, it will not be available. In order to record Google Meet, you should be clear about the following points.
1. Who can record Google Meet?
First thing first, you have to know that the purpose of recording Google Meet is to share the meeting content to those attendants who were absent in this meeting. So, the recording is for other people to watch later. Google Meet has provided a G Suite administrator account in order to record. But not all the attendants can record the meeting. It can only be accessible if you are the meeting organizer, you are in the same organization as the organizer, or you are a teacher who has obtained a G Suite account whose purpose is to give lessons to your students.
2. What will be recorded in Google Meet?
Simply speaking, the recording, if you start from the very beginning, would include the speakers and everything that has been presented during the meeting. But you should not know that, before recording Google Meet, you should ask for the permissions of all attendants. After gaining all permissions, you can then start recording Google Meet. Once the recording starts, the organizer would receive a notification in the related registered email. But if he is out of the organization, or he is using a mobile app, he would not be able to control the recordings. All the chat conversation log could be saved when meetings are recorded. What’s more, the chat history could be saved in .SBV format in the meeting organizer’s drive folder.
Part 2: How to Record Google Meet with Built-in Recorder?
Actually, there is a built-in recorder in Google Meet. Before recording, make sure everyone is using a good quality microphone and everyone's video resolution is set to the max for good meeting quality. After you gain permission from all attendants, now you can follow the steps below to start recording Google Meet with the built-in recording function.
- Step 1: Log into Google Meet on your browser and locate the three dots at the bottom right corner.
- Step 2: Click the three-dot button, and you can find a “Record Meeting” option in the drop-down list. Click it, and then a pop-up prompt window will appear to ask for consent. Click "Accept" and Google Meet will send them to consent forms.
- Step 3: Wait a few seconds and the Google Meet will start to record. If you want to stop the recording, you can click the three-dot button, and then click “Stop recording” option. The recording will be generated into a file, you can go to the meeting organizer’s Google Drive account to find the recorded Google Meet.
Part 3: How to Screen Record Google Meet Without Permission Using Leawo Screen Recorder?
Even though Google Meet has its own recorder, there are many limitations. For example, you need to obtain the consent of all participants, and you can't add other effects like annotation and real-time drawing to the recording. Actually, there are many third-party software can help you solve this problem. Leawo Screen Recorder, as one of the best screen recording software, is able to capture all activities that are happening on your computer screen. Therefore, it is a good tool to help you record Google Meet without permission. Furthermore, during the screen recording process, you can freely add annotation, drawing, and mouse click animation to better present highlights. Below steps will show you how to screen record Google Meet without permission using Leawo Screen Recorder.
Step 1: Download Leawo Screen Recorder
- Record all activities on your computer screen as HD screencast.
- Record video from your webcam.
- Record any audio from your computer an/or microphone.
- Capture anything on your computer screen as screenshot.
- Add drawing, annotations, watermark, mouse animation, and BGM to recordings.
- Output in high quality with multiple formats selectable.
Step 2: Set Google Meet recording preferences
Before screen recording Google meet, you can first set output preferences like output directory, format, quality, frame rate, etc. Click the three-bar icon on the top menu bar, and go to Settings > Output to set output preferences.
Step 3: Select recording region
After settings, go back to the main interface and click the Record Screen button. On the drop-down menu, you can select recording region among full screen, freehand region, fixed region and recently used size. Then, a recording frame will appear on your computer screen. You can hold and drag the button in the middle to move it.
Step 4: Specify devices to screen record Google Meet
By default, the screen recording process will automatically record system sound. You can also enable microphone and webcam to record Google Meet by clicking the corresponding button.
Step 5: Start to screen record Google Meet without permission
Click the REC button at the right to start screen recording Google Meet. In the pop-up widget near recording frame, you can click the clock icon to set recording schedule, click the camera icon to take screenshot during the screen recording process, and click the palette button to draw and annotate on the recording.
Once the meeting is over, click the red square button to stop recording. Then, on the Record History panel, you can view and manage you recordings without effort. If you only want to record audio from Google Meet, read this tutorial for more information: How to Record Internal Audio on Windows?
Part 4: How to Record Google Meet on Phone Without Permission?
You are not always bringing your laptop, so when there is a Google Meet you need to attend, you have to use your phone for the meeting. However, as mentioned above, participants who join the Google Meet via Android or iOS app can't record the meeting. In response to this problem, this part will introduce how to record Google Meet on Android and iPhone respectively.
◎ 1. How to Record Google Meet on Android?
Google has introduced a screen recorder since Android 11. But if you are using a Samsung, LG, OnePlus, or other phones, there may be a pre-installed screen recorder. For those with older devices can seek help from third-party screen recording app. Here we will introduce how to use the built-in screen recorder on Android to record Google Meet on phone.
- Swipe down twice from the top of your screen, and in the notifiction panel, find and tap Screen Recorder icon.
- In the pop-up window, give permission to the device to record the screen.
- Choose Google Meet to record and tap the Start button. The recording begins after countdown. To stop recording, tap the Stop button in the control widget, or swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Screen Recorder icon again.
◎ 2. How to Record Google Meet on iPhone?
Apple includes a screen recording app in its iOS 11 system for users to directly record their iPhone screen, without having to install an extra app. If you want to record Google Meet on your iPhone, you can also use this feature. Read the following steps for more information.
- Go to Settings > Control Center, and tap Screen Recording to enable this feature.
- You can prepare to start the Google Meet. Then, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Screen Recording icon. It will start to record after three-second countdown.
- To stop recording, tap the Screen Recording icon again in the Control Center.