“Do you know any solution to turn photos into DVD slideshow and add transition effects to generated DVD photo slideshow? I have quite a few pictures and want to burn these photos into DVD slideshow with special transition effects so as to get vivid and attractive DVD slideshow in my class. The problem is that I don’t know how to add transition effects to DVD slideshow. Please help. Appreciate to any advice.”
If you add transition effects to DVD slideshow, you will make your DVD slideshow more more interesting and engaging. Well used transition effects would make even dull presentation attractive. Also, it is important to note that if transitions are used properly, they can bring much variety to a slideshow. However, you have to be careful when creating special transition effects for the slideshow to avoid distracting your audience.
If you want to turn photos into DVD slideshow and add transition effects to DVD slideshow, this guide would be helpful.
Part 1. Add Photo Transitions Effect to DVD Slideshow in Leawo DVD Creator
Firstly, let’s know how to turn photos into DVD slideshow and add photo transition effects to DVD slideshow. To do this, you need a professional DVD photo slideshow maker software tool. Leawo DVD Creator is the one you need.
As a professional DVD burner software program, Leawo DVD Creator could not only convert video to DVD from various formats including AVI to DVD, MKV to DVD, MP4 to DVD, WMV to DVD, Xvid to DVD, MOV to DVD, etc. in DVD-9/ DVD-5 disc, folder and/or ISO image file, but also help you turn photos in png, bmp, jpg, or jpeg format to DVD easily. It could automatically generate photos into photo slideshow for burning to DVD content, within various transition effects built in for you to choose from.
With Leawo DVD Creator, you could actually:
- Convert video files from various formats to DVD disc, folder and/or ISO image file easily.
- Turn photos into photo slideshow and then burn to DVD content.
- Choose a disc menu for output DVD content, and even design disc menu with your own background music/image/video, adjust menu title position, text color, font, size, position, etc.
- Edit video files before burning to DVD content, including: trim video length, crop video size, add image or text watermark, adjust video effect, rotate video, apply 3D effect, etc.
- Create NTSC or PAL DVD content according to your actual needs.
- Burn ISO file to DVD disc in one click.
- Select subtitles and audio tracks from source video files, or even add external subtitles to loaded videos for burning to DVD.
- Play back loaded videos or generated photo slideshow, and preview any changes during editing and disc menu designing.
- Take screenshots to save any picture you want from videos.
Download and install Leawo DVD Creator on your computer. Then follow the below steps to learn how to burn photos to DVD slideshow with preferred transition effects added.
Note: Leawo DVD Creator has been built into Leawo Prof. Media as a module.
Step 1: Add source photos
Kick off Leawo Prof. Media and then open the “Burn” module. You now need to add source photos. Click the “Add Photo” button to browse and load photos, or directly drag and drop source photo files/file folder for loading. Photos will be automatically generated into photo slideshow. After loading source photos, set output disc type, aspect ratio and bit rate at the bottom.
Step 2: Add transition effect and edit photo slideshow
Click the edit icon in generated slideshow title to enter the photo slideshow editing panel, where you could edit video and audio of generated photo slideshow. You could add/remove/reposition photos, set photo duration and transition duration, adjust transition effect, add background music, etc. To add transition effect, just choose one in the “Transition Effect” drop-down menu on the “Video” tab of the editing panel. There are in total 11 transition effects, including: fade, spin, barndoor, checker, spiral, elliptical, maximize, rectangular, splitquarter, splitboom, and splitvertical. Just choose one and preview the effect via the internal previewer before you make final decision.
Step 3: Set disc menu
Leawo DVD Creator allows you to add disc menu to output DVD photo slideshow. Choose one from the right sidebar and click the middle of it to preview disc menu. In addition, you can design the disc menu on the disc menu preview panel by clicking the pencil icon, like adding background music/image/video, changing title position/size/font/color, etc. You could learn more details by visiting how to design disc menu.
Step 4: Set DVD video mode
Leawo DVD Creator enables you to create either NTSC or PAL DVD content according to your needs. Click the wheel icon at the top right corner and then go to the “Copy & Burn” module to choose output DVD video mode from NTSC and PAL.
Step 5: DVD burning settings and start burning
After setting disc menu, click the big green “Burn” button to call out the burning settings panel, on which you need to figure out Burn to, Disc Label, and Save to options. “Save to” option allows multiple choices. You could create DVD disc, folder and ISO image file at the same time. If you want to burn photos to DVD disc, insert a writable blank DVD disc into disc recorder and choose it as output target under the “Burn to” option.
After that, click the “Burn” button at the bottom of the sidebar to start burning photos to DVD photo slideshow with preferred transition effects within Leawo DVD Creator. You could then view the entire burning process on the burning interface. Leawo DVD Creator will complete the burning process quickly.
You see, Leawo DVD Creator could help you easily burn photos into DVD slideshow with various transition effects inserted. Besides burning photos to DVD with transition effects, Leawo DVD Creator also enables you convert and burn videos to DVD with ease.
Part 2. Introduction of the 10 Main Slideshow Transition Effects
As mentioned above, Leawo DVD Creator enables you to choose photo transition effects from its preset 11 ones, including: fade, spin, barndoor, checker, spiral, elliptical, maximize, rectangular, splitquarter, splitboom, and splitvertical. Here we would like to introduce the 10 main slideshow transition effects to you, some of which are available within Leawo DVD Creator.
Check these 10 most used effects for PowerPoint slideshows below:
- -Fade – this is an old favorite among business presenters. The previous slide will ‘fade’ away to reveal the next slide. You can choose to have the previous slide fade smoothly or have it fade through black.
- -Spin – the spin effect enables you to make an object rotate upon photos.
- -BarnDoor - The barn door transition is where the video crops from the center of a black screen and opens up to the cinematic black bars.
- -Checker – this transition is arguably most suited to presentations which may involve a strategy. For example, a business presentation with a strategy for the next quarter can contain this kind of effect, especially when a slide is switched to display the strategy for the next quarter. Similarly, the Checkerboard Transition Effect can be used for presentations about board games, children’s presentations at school (children love effects) and with templates which may match the checkerboard effect.
- -Spiral - Some PowerPoint presentations contain nothing but static slides. Other presentations' elements change position and size using the program's elaborate animation effects. Though excess animation may disorient your audience, distracting them from your slideshow's actual content, occasional effects can draw focus to significant details. For example, an important logo that serves as the presentation's climax can swirl dramatically on to the screen. PowerPoint will animate the image to spiral into place from an unseen area off the slide.
- -Elliptical - Elliptical transition of a halfpipe is put forward instead of the traditional circular one to optimize the shape, by simplifying this problem into some dynamical partial differential equations.
- -Maximize – this effect will display photos from none to the maximize size on the screen.
- -Rectangular – the photos will appear in rectangular shape from one to another.
- -Splitquarter, Splitboom and Splitvertical – these 3 effects will show your photos off in splitting ways, from the quarter corners, vertical or centralized direction.
Of course, you could also use other effects in PowerPoint and other presentation maker tools. There are quite a few wonderful choices. You could even download funny transition effects online.
Part 3: Conclusion
To burn photos to DVD slideshow and add preferred transition effect, Leawo DVD Creator is without doubt the best choice. It could not only help you directly turn photos into DVD photo slideshow, but offers 11 transition effects for you to choose freely. You could add your favorite transition effects easily, or even choose to let the program random choose a transition effect for your DVD photo slideshow. After adding transition effects, Leawo DVD Creator enables you to create DVD-9 or DVD-5 content playable on various DVD players and computers easily. It’s the best choice for you.