If you can download some of your favorite movies from the Internet and store them in an USB portable device, then you can play the movies in your USB by connecting with your DVD players without spending additional costs on the DVD discs. Today, we are going to elaborate the specific steps on how to play music and movie on DVD player using USB.
How to Connect DVD Player to Laptop with HDMI and USB?
How to Play DVD on Xbox One S?
- Part 1: What Formats Can DVD Player Commonly Support
- Part 2: How to Play Music and Movie on DVD Player Using USB
- Part 3: Download Music and Movie to Play on Your DVD Player
- Part 4: Convert Music and Movie to Your DVD Player Supporting Format
- Part 5: You Can Burn Music and Movie to Your DVD Disc
- Part 6: Last, You Can Try to Play on PC with Ease
Part 1: What Formats Can DVD Player Commonly Support
Actually, this is not a difficult issue to be solved because nowadays a lot of people have been immersed in digital multimedia resources, including transferring or copying. But if you have not grasped the overall knowledge about DVD players as well as the supported formats it is compatible with, you will probably encounter many unmatched problems. First of all, what you need to figure out is what formats can DVD commonly support? What formats can USB actually store? The formats supported by DVD include the following:
- DVD (MPEG2) format. MPEG2 is more than four times more efficient than VCD's MPEG1 320×240 resolution, and the amount of data is, of course, increased a lot. In addition, the sound quality is improved which has reached the standard of 24bit/96kHz and also supports subtitles and channels as well as digital control functions such as multi-angle viewing, the amount of data traffic broadcasted per unit time is greatly increased.
- DVD-RAM format. DVD-RAM allows DVDs to be used as virtual hard disks for random access. Originally for a 2.6GB drive, the capacity can be increased to 4.7GB per side which can be rewritten 100,000 times.
- AVI (MPEG4) format. AVI is short for Audio Video Interleaved, the audio and video interlaced format, which was launched by Microsoft in November 1992 as part of its Windows video software. AVI files contain audio (voice) and video (image) data in a single file container, allowing audio and video to be played back simultaneously. AVI files support multiple audio and video streams. AVI information is mainly used on multimedia CDs to store various video contents.
- Audio format, such as MP3, WMV and CD. If you would like to play the music on DVD player using USB, you had a better download the music in MP3, WMV format which is much more compatible with it.
- VCD (MPEG1) format. VCD is actually the abbreviation of Video Compact Disk, which is a compressed image format. It uses MPEG-1 compression method to compress images. The sound format uses 44.1KHz sampling frequency, 16 Bit sampling value, MPEG-1 layer 2, 224Kb/s Audio Bite Rate compression. With this compression method, even after being restored to a music CD format, even a trained professional auditor cannot distinguish the difference in sound quality from the original CD. That is to say, this compression method is a non-destructive compression.
- RMVB format. RealMedia Variable Bit Rate (RMVB) is a variable bit rate (VBR) extension of the RealMedia Multimedia Digital Container format developed by RealNetworks. RMVB is typically applied to locally stored multimedia content relative to the more common Streaming Media RealMedia container encoded at a fixed bit rate (CBR). The extension to use this format file is ".rmvb".
The above six formats are the generally supported formats for the common DVD players, but that does not say that the DVD player you are using is compatible with the above formats. Therefore, before use, you had better check the DVD player instructions where has specified the supported formats.
Part 2: How to Play Music and Movie on DVD Player Using USB
After knowing the formats that DVD players support, now playing music and movie on DVD player using USB will be quite easy. Then you only need to follow the steps below.
Step 1. First look at the DVD manual with a playback format supported by the USB port.
Step 2. Download the music and movie from the Internet you prefer. Pay attention, if you would like to play music, you had better download the music in MP3 format, while MP4 format for the movie files. But this should depend on your own DVD player supported formats. Then copy the music or movie files to your USB.
Step 3. Plug the USB into the DVD and use the DVD remote control to select the “play storage device” (the specific machine name is different, some are called (play memory card or play USB), etc.) and then enter the USB disk, you can see music and movie files. Use the up and down keys to select the file you want to play and press the confirm button to play it on your DVD player.
Part 3: Download Music and Movie to Play on Your DVD Player
After learning how to play music or movies on your DVD player with a USB stick, if you haven't downloaded music and videos yet, then CleverGet Video Downloader will be your best helper. As the best video downloader, it can download all kinds of videos like music videos, movies, TV shows and even live stream videos in up to 8K resolution. Also, it can download audios at 320Kbps without quality loss. In terms of website support, it is capable of downloading videos from over 1000+ websites, including YouTbe, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, etc., and all downloads will be saved as MP4 or MKV files. Driven with batch download and hardware acceleration, it can greatly improve download efficiency and save your time. Now, let's see how to download muic and movie with this software to play on your DVD player.
Step 1: Download CleverGet Video Downloader
Download CleverGet from the button below and install it on your computer. Then, launch it.
CleverGet Video Downloader
- Download videos up to 8K resolution
- Support 1000+ sites
- Support live video M3U8 link downloading
- Multi-task and playlist download
- Built-in browser and player
- Advanced hardware acceleration
- Easy-to-use interface
Step 2: Set USB as the output directory
Before downloading, you can set output directory to USB, so that you can directly plug the USB to play on your DVD player. Click the three-dot icon, then click Settings to bring up the detailed settings panel. Under the "General" tab, you can set the output directory and change other settings in the "Save video to" box. Finally, click "Save".
Step 3: Find and download music/movie to play on DVD player
Enter the URL of the target movie in the address bar and press "Enter" on your keyboard. After analysis, all available sources will be listed in different formats, sizes and resolutions. Select the desired video download option and click the "Download" button to download music/movie to play on your DVD player.
Part 4: Convert Music and Movie to Your DVD Player Supporting Format
If your music and movie files you have obtained are not supported by your current DVD players, what would you do then? Apart from giving up playing the music or movie files, you can also find another way out. That is to convert the music and movie files to another format that can be accepted by your DVD player. This sounds quite impressive, doesn’t it? Well, here you only need to adopt a powerful video converter to help you convert the current music and movie files to other formats. Among various excellent video converters, Leawo Video Converter will be the one that you should not miss.
As a professional video converter, it is capable of converting videos and audios in more than 180 types of formats with 6X higher speed with 100% quality retained, including common video and audio formats and even HD video and 4K video formats. Furthermore, if you have further requirements in other portable devices, this converting program can also take you there, including iPhone, iPad and so on. Also, it is able to be used as an excellent slideshow maker with excellent quality. For the detailed tutorial, you can refer to the following steps.
Step 1: Download Leawo Video Converter
Download Leawo Video Converter and install it on your computer.
Leawo Video Converter
- Convert video and audio files between 180+ formats without quality loss
- Support 720P, 1080P and even real 4K video output
- Create photo slideshows from photos stored on camera, computer, camcorder, etc
- Built-in video editor to trim, crop, add watermark, apply special effect, etc
- 2D to 3D converter with 6 different 3D movie effects available
Step 2: Import music or movie files to the program
Load your current music or movie files from your USB to this program. Take a click on “Add Video” icon to import the files. More simply, you can drag them directly to the panel.
Step 3: Confirm the output format
Enter the “Profile” panel to set your preferred output audio or video formats. For your convenience, you had better set MP3 and MP4 for music and movie respectively.
Step 4: Start to convert music and movie to DVD player supported format
Click “Convert” icon on the main interface to start converting your current music and movie files to DVD player compatible formats.
Part 5: You Can Burn Music and Movie to Your DVD Disc
Alternatively, you may give up playing the music and movie on DVD player using USB, but you still insist on playing these multimedia contents on your DVD player, then it is time for you burn music and movie file to DVD discs which can be then perfectly compatible with your DVD Player. Concerning the method to burn music and movie to DVD disc, what you should not lack is a piece of DVD burning software. Leawo DVD Creator is the one that you can refer to. Leawo DVD Creator can help you to burn your reluctant files to a DVD disc with customized features retained. With Leawo DVD Creator, you can burn more than 180 formats videos in formats with 6X faster burning speed. Leawo DVD Creator can preserve the quality of the original video while burning the video to DVD and ensures that the DVD playback would look just as good as the original video. Also, you can edit video to make it your own style. For the details, please refer to the following steps.
Step 1: Download Leawo DVD Creator
Download Leawo DVD Creator and install it on your computer.
Leawo Blu-ray Creator
- Burn videos to Blu-ray/DVD disc, folder and/or ISO image file simultaneously
- Create photo slideshows from various photos and burn to DVD/Blu-ray disc easily
- One click operation to burn ISO image file to Blu-ray/DVD disc
- Edit output videos to add image or text watermark, trim video size, adjust effect, etc.
- Create 3D Blu-ray/DVD movies with 6 different 3D effects
Step 2: Insert blank disc and load music or movie files
Insert an empty DVD disc (DVD-RW or DVD-R ) to the computer’s drive. Then, load the music or movie file. Click “Add Video” button to import the files or you can simply drag the media files to the program directly.
Step 3: Set the disc menu templates
You can choose from the templates library in the right-hand column or you can DIY your own disc menu.
Step 5: Start burning audio and video files to DVD disc
Click the green “Burn” icon on the top right-hand corner to start the DVD burning process and confirm “Burn to”, “Disc Label” and “Save to” options. Then wait patiently for the burning process to be finished properly.
Part 6: Last, You Can Try to Play on PC with Ease
For your further references, you can try to play these music and movie files on your computer if you like. In comparison with playing on DVD player using USB, playing on PC is much easier. You only need to guarantee that the media player you are going to use is compatible with the music and movie formats you have downloaded.
Here, you only need to insert the USB to your computer’s U port and then your computer will immediately recognize the media player by clicking on “USB” icon under “My Computer”. Next, adopt Leawo Blu-ray Player as the media player to provide the audio and video playback solutions. Within Leawo Blu-ray Player, you could obtain the personalized settings according to your preference and all the settings could be done automatically. In the following, I will list the detailed tutorial.
◎ Step 1: Download Leawo Blu-ray Player
Download Leawo Blu-ray Player and install it.
Leawo Blu-ray Player
- Ultimate MKV compatibility including HD MKV, 4K MKV, 720P MKV, etc.
- Quality guarantee with 100% original display for 4K MKV content even 4K Blu-ray
- Diverse container format supports to reproduce over 180 file types
- Thoroughly region-free decryptions provide unlimited access to Blu-ray and DVD discs
- Breathtaking stereo sound output offer Dolby, DTS, AAC, TrueHD, DTS-HD
- Optimized playback personalization like addable subtitles
◎ Step 2: Import movie or music file and play
Enter the main interface and load the movie or music file on your USB by clicking the “Open File” button on the home interface. Once you have imported the file, you can see the file content immediately on Leawo Blu-ray Player.
If you don’t insist on playing music and movie on DVD player using USB, then you can totally ignore the above information related to how to play music on DVD player using USB as well as movies. What you have to do is to download the professional 4K media player – Leawo Blu-ray Player to directly enjoy the media content, ranging from more than 180 types of formats.