If you are interested in editing videos with iMovie, you may desire to find amazing music clips to add to your video to make it more wonderful. If so, I would like to recommend you to make use of Spotify to get the music clip you like. Although this sounds to be easy, you also need to find proper ways to make it. Since the Spotify music is protected by DRM strictly and is in the format of Ogg Vorbis, you need first remove the DRM and convert it to iMovie compatible formats like MP3 before you add it to iMovie for better effects. If you are still confused on how to add music to iMovie from Spotify on iPhone, this guidance will be proper for you to check out.
Part 1: Introduction to Spotify Music
It is a gorgeous way to listen to music with Spotify on mobile or tablet. Every user can find his or her favorite pieces of music on this platform. You can also enjoy hundreds of personalized radio stations with favorite and up-and-coming artists. It is a good experience for you to stream free with ads or subscribe to Premium to go ad-free and download songs to play when you're offline. The music genres are various. Subscribers who pay for the premium can get better sound quality as well.
You should also know that the songs of Spotify are encoded in OGG Vorbis format with DRM protection. Therefore, the downloaded Spotify music cannot be played back outside of the Spotify app without great third-party software to assist you.
Part 2: How to Add Spotify Music to iMovie with iTransfer
After you have downloaded Spotify music to computer folder in the format of MP3 without DRM protection, you can continue to settle the issue of how to add Spotify music to iMovie on iPhone with Leawo iTransfer. This tool can deal with different kinds of transfer issues effectively and accurately. Now let's have a look at the detailed steps.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone X, iPhone XR, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
3.1 How to Transfer Spotify Music to iPhone via Leawo iTransfer
Step 1. Plug iPhone into PC and Launch Leawo iTransfer
Open Leawo iTransfer on your computer and then connect iPhone with PC with suitable USB cable. This software will recognize your iPhone.
Step 2. Import Spotify Music to iPhone
Hit on the iPhone icon and then click on the "Music" tab under the menu of "LIBRARY". After that, you can tap on "Add > Add File" or "Add > Add Folder" to move to the Spotify music files that you have saved on computer without DRM. Select the music and then click on the "Open" button to start adding the songs to iPhone. After a while, the Spotify music will be available on iPhone.
3.2 How to Get Spotify Music on iMovie from iPhone
1. Launch iMovie app on iPhone and then open a project in this app. Hit the button of "+" and then click on "Audio" option.
2. After that, you need to tap on "Theme Music" option or any category in the list shown below.
3. In the end, you can tap on the item and then hit on the button of "Use" to put Spotify music to iMovie from iPhone.
Part 3: How to Add Music to iMovie from Spotify via iTunes
When you deal with the problem of how to get Spotify music on iMovie, iTunes can also be made use of after you have saved Spotify songs without DRM in the format of MP3 to computer local folder with Leawo Prof. DRM. The following contents will show you how to make it.
4.1 How to Add Spotify Music to iTunes
1. Run iTunes on computer and make sure the version is the latest one. Click on "Edit > Preferences > Devices" to check the option of "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
2. Plug iPhone into computer and then hit on "File > Add File to Library" or "File > Add Folder to Library" to choose the Spotify music on your computer to import the songs to iTunes library.
4.2 How to Put Spotify Music on iMovie from iTunes
1. Run iMovie software on computer and then click on the target project to select the video clip to add Spotify music to. After that, click on the source icon of Spotify music in the interface.
2. Hit on "iTunes" and then click on "Music" option to select Spotify music from computer.
3. Click on the iButton or the tool wheel in the Spotify clip to open the audio Inspector to set how the music fades in and out during the movie.
Part 4: How to Put Spotify Music on iMovie through iCloud Drive
iCloud Drive can also be used to cope with how to put Spotify music on iMovie after the Spotify music is on computer local folder without DRM. Check the following paragraphs and you will be clear on how to realize this goal.
5.1 How to Upload Spotify Music to iCloud Drive
1. On your computer, you need to open iCloud.com and then log into it with your own Apple ID and password.
2. Hit on the option of "iCloud Drive" and then click on the cloud icon with one upward arrow to select the Spotify music you desire to add to iMovie.
3. Finally, you can tap on the "Open" button to start uploading Spotify music to iCloud Drive from computer.
5.2 How to Add Spotify Music to iMovie from iCloud Drive
1. Run iMovie app on iPhone and then open a project in this software.
2. Drag the timeline to allow the playhead displays in the part that you want to add the Spotify music.
3. Hit the "+" button and then click on "Audio> iCloud Drive" to choose the Spotify music in iCloud Drive to add.
As you can see, after you make use of Leawo Prof. DRM to eliminate the DRM of Spotify music and convert the file to MP3 to computer local folder, you can continue to use various tools to assist you to fix how to add music to iMovie from Spotify on iPhone. It is not hard to handle by referring to the solutions offered you in the above. Choose one proper way to achieve your aim and then you will be able to enjoy Spotify music in iMovie clip freely.