Leawo Blu-ray to MKV Converter for Mac provides the exclusive solution for Mac users to convert Blu-ray/DVD to MKV on Mac with lossless quality. It integrates the ability to retain multiple subtitles and audio tracks for output MKV files.
Leawo Blu-ray to MKV Converter for Mac is offered with both trail and registered versions. The trial version processes the first 5-minute content of the source Blu-ray/DVD files.
Top Menu Introduction
After running Leawo Blu-ray to MKV Converter for Mac, you can see 4 program menus on the top-left corner of your Mac: Leawo Blu-ray to MKV, File, Edit and Help.
1. Click button to open its drop-down list. Then, you can click About Leawo Blu-ray to MKV Converter (Unregistered) option to locate the current version information of Leawo Blu-ray to MKV Converter for Mac; click Preferences option to do settings about program itself.
The detailed settings about program itself can be seen as below:
Head to DVD menu, you can choose your desired DVD loading mode out of Common Mode (Most DVDs) and Special mode (Some DVDs with new copy right). After selection, you can choose to check Don’t show mode selection while loading DVD option. Besides, you can set the Minimum title length.
Head to Convert menu, you can do settings relevant to Output File Exist already. There are 3 options provided for your choice: Overwrite, Rename and Skip. Resetting Output directory is also accessible on this menu. If needed, you can choose to Enable Deinterlacing and Enable Streaming MP4 video.
Leawo Blu-ray to MKV Converter for Mac allows you to take snapshots out of favorite movie scenes, just during the source files preview with program built-in player. So when you head to Thumbnail menu, you can choose desired Image Format (PNG, JPG or BMP) for snapped screenshots saving. You can set the Image Size as Original or customize image size thru adjusting the Width and Height values under the sub-menu of Image Size. Under Save to option, you can set output directory for snapped screenshots, and decide to Display image after thumbnail or not.
Head to Connection menu, you can check Use Proxy option and then do some proxy settings including Host, Port, Proxy Type, Username, and Password.
Head to Update Settings menu, you can set the frequency to automatically check the program update. You can choose to set the Number of days between update checks, or choose the check frequency as Update every day, Update every week, or Update every month. If you check the Enable automatic update check option, you will never receive the program update information.
2. Click button to open its drop-down list. Then, you can choose Load DVD or Load BD option to load source files from Blu-ray/DVD disc or folder.
3. Click button to open its drop-down list. You can Rename the selected Blu-ray title or chapter; Delete selected source files; Clear all imported Blu-ray/DVD sources; and get detailed Media Information.
4. Click button to open its drop-down list. You can click Help option to visit the user guide of Leawo Blu-ray to MKV Converter for Mac; click Home Page option to visit the product page of Leawo Blu-ray to MKV Converter for Mac; click Support button to visit Leawo’s support center; click Register option to activate Leawo Blu-ray to MKV Converter for Mac with registration code; click Check for updates option to find the newest version of Leawo Blu-ray to MKV Converter for Mac; click Bug Reporter option to send encountered bugs to Leawo.
Rip Blu-ray/DVD to MKV on Mac
1. Load Blu-ray/DVD Source
Click button or button on program left panel to load Blu-ray/DVD sources from Blu-ray/DVD disc or folder. You’re allowed to directly drag and drop Blu-ray/DVD source files to program left panel for processing.
You can click to play and preview slected Blu-ray/DVD source with program embedded player; click to pause the preview; click to preview the previous video; click to backward for 5s; click to forward for 5s; click to play next video; and drag the slider bar on to adjust video playback volume.
Open the drop-down box of , you can choose desired subtitle to show on the preview screen. You can choose to preview the source files with No Subtitle.
Open the drop-down box of , you can choose your desired audio track to show on the preview screen.
Open the drop-down box of , you can check Snapshot to take screenshots; check Open Snapshot Folder to locate snapped screenshots; check Change Snapshot Folder to set saving folder for snapped screenshots. The snapshot format and size can be set in Leawo Blu-ray to MKV menu>Preference>Thumbnail.
: click to move selected source files up or down, or delete selected Blu-ray/DVD source file.
: Switch between On and OFF to select to merge all source files into one file or not.
Once right clicking one loaded source file, you can do settings including Load DVD, Load BD, Move to top, Move to bottom, Delete, Clear, Media information, and Bug Reporter on the pop-up menu.
2. Choose Subtitles and Audio Tracks for Output MKV Files
Check the Blu-ray/DVD title you want to retain subtitles and audio tracks firstly. All subtitles and audio tracks included in Blu-ray/DVD title are shown on the drop-down box of and . You can check desired subtitles and audio tracks for output, or check All option to retain all original subtitles and audio tracks for output MKV files.
3. Convert Blu-ray/DVD to MKV
Click bottom-right button to start to convert Blu-ray/DVD to MKV video with desired subtitles and audio tracks.
On the pop-up converting menu, you can click button to pause the conversion; click to resume the conversion; click button to skip the converting task. You can even click the bottom-right button to cancel the whole conversion. On the bottom left corner, you could do After Conversion settings: Do Nothing, Shut Down Computer or Open Output Folder.
This FAQ is about: Guide