Some iPhone users may confront the troublesome black screen of death issue. The iPhone black screen of death is a common problem you may encounter when using your iPhone. Different iPhone models are suffering from black screen of death issue, which is so annoying and bothersome that you can’t access the iPhone in any way. When your iPhone is stuck in iPhone black screen of death, you are required to figure out how to fix iPhone black screen issue. Read on and you can find efficient methods.
- Part 1: Why is My iPhone Stuck on Black Screen of Death?
- Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death Caused by a Crashed App?
- Part 3: How to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death Caused by Drained Battery?
- Part 4: How to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death Caused by Software Issues?
- Part 5: How to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death Caused by Hardware Issues?
Part 1: Why is My iPhone Stuck on Black Screen of Death?
iPhone is a durable device, but longevity lies in good maintenance of the device. Inevitably, iPhone models may end up with one issue or the other due to the wear and tear from its usage. One such issue is the iPhone black screen of death, where the phone’s screen is suddenly black so that you cannot turn on the device. There are several reasons why iPhone is stuck on black screen of death:
- A crashed app
- Drained battery
- Software Issues
- Hardware issues
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death Caused by a Crashed App?
Mostly, the iPhone black screen of death problem could be caused by the issue with a particular app. When you launch a particular app on your iPhone and the app crashes, the iPhone screen may get black suddenly to a large extent. Besides, if the app is downloading or loading some contents on your iPhone, it may also cause iPhone black screen of death. This problem happens many times with streaming apps like Netflix or YouTube, particularly when they are working with a slow internet connection. To make your iPhone back to normal, you should figure out how to fix iPhone black screen caused by a crashed app.
- To fix iPhone black screen of death issue, you can quit the app and launch that app again.
- Go to the App Store and install the Updates.
- Uninstall the app and reinstall it to resolve the problem.
- If the iPhone black screen issue still repeats, you can try to restore your iPhone to resolve this issue. Remember to back up your iPhone before restoring.
Part 3: How to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death Caused by Drained Battery?
One of the possible reasons that may cause iPhone black screen of death issue is due to the drained battery. When your iPhone screen turns to be black, you can check whether your iPhone is powered off, or out of battery. In this case, not just the screen but also the phone is off altogether. You can just charge your iPhone for at least 30 minutes and then press and hold the “Home” button for a few seconds till the Apple logo appears. Once the iPhone boots up, you can check the battery health through the settings app to make sure your battery is still okay or needs a replacement. You’d better learn more on how to save battery life on iPhone.
Part 4: How to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death Caused by Software Issues?
If your iPhone is stuck on black screen but the iPhone still works as you’ll still be able to hear notifications from text messages or calls, a potential reason for this problem could be because of software issues. This is a common problem that has been reported by many iPhone X users and experienced by many other iPhone models. Luckily, here are some useful methods that can fix iPhone black screen of death caused by software issues.
1. Force Restart to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death
Here comes the simple guide to force restart different iPhone models.
On iPhone 8, X, Xs, 11, 12 and newer, first press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then press and quickly release the Volume Down button, finally press and hold the Side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button. Your iPhone will now finish the restarting process.
On iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, press and hold the Volume Down and the Side button together. Continue holding until you see the Apple logo.
On iPhone 6S and earlier, press and hold the Home button along with the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
2. Restore in Recovery Mode to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death
When iPhone black screen of death persists, you can restore your iPhone in recovery mode to fix this issue. As you know, iOS recovery mode is a failsafe method allowing users to recover iOS devices or force a restore if the devices become unresponsive. However, restoring your iPhone in recovery mode would remove all the data from your iPhone. Before restoring your iPhone, you’d better back up all the data on your iPhone and then make sure you can find your data once the iPhone has been restored in recovery mode. You can follow the steps below to restore your iPhone in recovery mode with your iTunes.
- Make sure you have updated your iTunes to the latest version.
- Put your iPhone into Recovery Mode, and you will see an icon on your iPhone that reminds you to connect your iPhone to computer. Then connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes./li>
- Restore your iPhone. Then click the “Restore iPhone” option. And then choose “Restore” to confirm. It will then install the latest iOS software, currently iOS 14 on your iPhone. Once the process finishes, your iPhone will restart.
3. One-click to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death
If your iPhone is stuck in black screen, you can also use iOS system recovery software to fix the problem in one click. Leawo iOSFix could fix more than 50 types of iOS or tvOS issues, such as Apple logo, black screen, stuck in DFU mode, iPhone keeps restarting, iPhone no service, etc. This recovery software easily fixes system errors for nearly all iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod) and Apple TV sets, and intelligently offers the best firmware updates for almost all device versions. You can follow the guide below and figure out how to fix iPhone black screen of death.
Step 1. Download and Install Leawo iOSFix
Go to the official website and download Leawo iOSFix to your computer for free. Install the software in minutes.
- Fix 50+ iOS/tvOS issues on iPhone, iPad, iPod or Apple TV
- 2 repair modes for data lossless fixing
- Fix all iOS and tvOS versions in clicks
- Multiple iOS/tvOS system fixing pathse
- One-click to upgrade to the latest iOS/tvOS version
- One-click to enter/exit Recovery Mode
- Troubleshoot iOS/tvOS not recognized issues in detail
Step 2. Connect Your iPhone to the Computer
Connect your iPhone to the computer with the USB cable, and then launch Leawo iOSFix to detect your iPhone status automatically.
Step 3. Choose a Proper Repair Mode
Click to choose one proper repair mode to continue. There are two modes available: Standard Mode and Advanced Mode. The Standard Mode can usually fix most iOS system issues without any data loss. You can choose Standard Mode here to fix iPhone Black screen issue.
If the Standard Mode fails, you can also try Advanced Mode. Since the Advanced Mode can fix iOS system issues by erasing all data, you’d better make sure that you iPhone have been backed up before adopting this mode.
Step 4. Download Proper Firmware
The program will intelligently detect your iPhone model and system version. Then you can confirm your iPhone model and system version and click “Download Now” button to download the proper firmware for your device. You can also click “Download” button to download the target firmware from website if Leawo iOSFix doesn’t download it by default. Besides, if you have already got a downloaded firmware on your computer, you can click “Select” to browse and choose the firmware.
Step 5. Start to Fix iPhone Black Screen
Click on “Fix Now” to fix iPhone black screen and get your iPhone back to normal.
Part 5: How to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death Caused by Hardware Issues?
If all the methods mentioned above didn’t fix the iPhone black screen of death, it is much likely caused by hardware issues. When your iPhone black screen of death is due to hardware damage, for example, your phone screen is broken or damaged after the device is dropped or water damaged, it is beyond to fix at your end. In this case, you should take the iPhone to Apple for warranty coverage.