It is not easy to choose a style of headphones to enjoy the best music or movie sound. Everyone has their own particular tastes and preferences. You may be a DTS Headphone X fan or a Dolby Atmos lover. Both DTS Headphone X and Dolby Atmos can offer you great sound quality for your amusement. This guidance will share you some information about them and you can learn the ways to download them to your computer at ease. To record music for enjoying DTS Headphone X and Dolby Atmos sound is also a good idea, which can be realized with a great tool recommended in this tutorial. Follow me to read the whole passage to decide who wins the batter of DTS Headphone X vs Dolby in your personal opinion.
Part 1: DTS Headphone X vs. Dolby Atmos Surround Sound
To figure out which is the winner of the battle between DTS Headphone X vs. Dolby, you need to know the actual meaning of them first.
1.1 What is DTS Headphone X?
DTS Headphone X can offer you better sound for listening to music or watching films at home. The DTS Headphone X technology allows you to get in a world of immersive 3D audio all around you by taking audio from objects or multichannel streams and re-creating them to improve the simple basic stereo. You can gain the best sound experience with this kind of high technology, which can increase audio clarity to a great degree and enables you not to lose any of the Hi-Res signal. You can enjoy the similar 11.1 surround system with the help of DTS Headphone X, which can make you feel in a movie theater. The more accurate 3D surround sound will surely make you satisfied. You can also use the mobile DTS Headphone X feature to improve your iPhone existing pair of headphones to gain wonderful sound experience.
1.2 What is Dolby Atmos Surround Sound?
Dolby Atmos surround sound works with any pair of headphones. When you enjoy a film or play a game with the Dolby Atmos surround sound using 6 or 8 speaker channels. Dolby Atmos is an improved kind of surround sound, whose sounds are mapped to virtual locations in 3D space. Your speaker system can receive spatial data. The systems of Dolby Atmos may contain ceiling-mounted speakers above you or speakers on the floor that bounce their sound off the ceiling, for instance. Many users now can enjoy Dolby Atmos sound with Dolby Atmos headphones in games like Blizzard’s Overwatch and etc.
Part 2: How to Download DTS Headphone X on Windows 10?
After you learn what DTS Headphone X is, you can continue to read this part to learn on how to download it on Windows 10 to enjoy great sound quality. The steps shown below will guide you the detailed info to make it.
- Go to the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 computer.
- Search the app of DTS Sound Unbound in the searching bar. This app can bring support for DTS Headphone X to your computer.
- Make sure your computer is with Windows 10 Build 18362.xxx or newer.
- Download the app and install it on your computer. It will occupy approximately 210 MB of your computer space.
- Run the app on your computer to enable immersive and 3D audio. It can work with Microsoft Spatial sound technology together to help you play DTS-encoded content and watch films with improved immersion and realism. With a one-time payment and you will gain great enjoyment with your PC.
Part 3: How to Download Dolby Atmos for Headphones on Windows 10?
To download Dolby Atmos for headphones is another issue you desire to handle easily. Have a look at the following instruction and you will be clear.
Step 1: Go to the Windows Store on your Windows 10 computer and then search for the Dolby Access app.
Step 2: Download and install it on your computer and then follow the on-screen guidance to set it up.
Step 3: You can choose the option of “With my home theater” if you want to use Dolby Atmos receiver on your computer. To choose the option of “With my headphones” and you will be able to make use of any pair of headphones.
- After you choose a home theater PC, you will see a link to turn on the “Dolby Atmos for home theater” option in the Windows Sound settings control panel. The Dolby Access app will lead you to calibrate your system after you do it.
- After you choose headphones option, the app will prompt you to confirm your computer sound hardware which is compatible with the Windows 10 spatial audio platform for headphones.
Note: 1. The Dolby Atmos for headphones feature is also not free, but it allows you to try for 30 days by clicking on the button of “30-day trial”. After you enable the free trial, the app will prompt you to turn on the feature of Dolby Atmos for headphones.
2. Hit on the “Configure PC settings” button and then choose the option of “Dolby Atmos for headphones” in the Spatial sound format box to begin to enjoy the Dolby Atmos for headphones feature at ease. After free trial for 30 days, you can pay for the full version to continue to listen to the sound of Dolby Atmos for headphones.