As one of the most popular social platforms to get access to all kinds of latest news and entertainment events, YouTube has been adopted by many users all around the world. Recently, some users are confused about the question “How can I record music from YouTube?” or “How do I rip audio files from YouTube videos?”. Many people would come across such occasions. When we’re watching movies, some enchanted interludes could deeply impress us. If you happen to meet such occasions and would like a solution to get preferred audio or music off YouTube videos, then this guide, including 4 YouTube audio grabbers to record audio from YouTube would be helpful to you.
- Part 1: How to Record Audio from YouTube with Leawo Music Recorder?
- Part 2: How to Record Audio from YouTube on Windows with Voice Recorder?
- Part 3: How to Record Audio from YouTube on Mac with QuickTime Player?
- Part 4: How to Record Audio from YouTube with Audacity?
- Part 5: Comparison Between 4 YouTube Audio Grabbers
- Bonus Tip: Download Audio from YouTube
Part 1: How to Record Audio from YouTube with Leawo Music Recorder?
Compared to default audio recorder, Leawo Music Recorder is able to record internal audio from computer. It means that you don't need any extra devices to record music from YouTube, so that you won't get annoying noise in the recordings. What's more, it can record audios in original quality, and save them in MP3 or WAV format. As an easy-to-use YouTube audio grabber, it can also automatically add music tags like artist, album, name, etc. to the recordings. For better audio recording expereince, it has smart tools like Task Scheduler and Auto-filter, letting you record audio in an easy and efficient way. The following will show you how to record music from YouTube using Leawo Music Recorder.
◎ Step 1. Download and install Leawo Music Recorder on your computer
-Record any sound from computer stream audio and built-in input audio.
- Record music from 1000+ music sites like YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc.
- Schedule music recording via the internal recording task scheduler.
- Automatically/manually add and complete music tags like artist, album, cover, genre, etc.
- Save recorded musicfiles into either WAV or MP3 format for wide uses.
◎ Step 2. Set audio source
Launch Leawo Music Recorder. Then, click the microphone icon in the bottom-left corner to set audio source. To record music from YouTube, select "Record Computer Audio" option.
◎ Step 3. Start to record audio from YouTube
Click the red "Start" button to let this Music Recorder work. At the same time, play the YouTube music you want to record. It should be born in mind that you should first let this music recording software start recording and then play your source audio on YouTube. After the video finished, click the red button again to stop recording.
◎ Step 4. Edit music tags
In "Media > Library" tab, you can see all your recordings. Select a recording and right-click to choose "Edit Music Tags" option. In the pop-up windows, you can manually edit music tags.
Part 2: How to Record Audio from YouTube on Windows with Voice Recorder?
Actually, there is a pre-installed audio recorder on your Windows computer, which is totally free-to-use. If you only have basic needs on recording music from YouTube, then the built-in Voice Recorder should be a preference. You can use this software to record interviews, conversations, lectures, podcasts, etc. At the same time, you can trim, mark important moments and share audio with this software. However, it is limited in some aspects. For example, it can only record audio via external devices like microphone, headphones, etc., which may effect the quality of the output audio to a large extend. If you don't have this YouTube audio grabber on your computer, you can go to Microsoft Store and download it for free.
- To record music from YouTube, make sure the microphone is connected.
- Click the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner and search for Voice Recorder. Click the top result to open Voice Recorder.
- Open the YouTube video you want to record and let it stand by. Click the Record button and play the YouTube video at the same time. In order to minimize noise and maximize the audio quality, it is recommended to put the microphone and speaker closer.
- After the video finished, you can click the Stop button to finish recording.
Part 3: How to Record Audio from YouTube on Mac with QuickTime Player?
If you are a Mac user, then the Voice Recorder is definetly not your first choice. Actually, Apple also provides a built-in audio recorder for Mac users - QuickTime Player. Beyong a media player, QuickTime Player is also capable of handling various formats of digital video, picture, sound, panoramic images, and interactivity, including recording audio from YouTube. However, to record internal audio from your Mac, you also need to install another software called Soundflower. You can directly search Soundflower in App Store and download it. Then, follow the steps below to record music from YouTube.
- Step 1: Click the Launchpad in your Dock, and search for QuickTime Player. Open the software, and click File option in the top menu bar and select New Audio Recording option.
- Step 2: Click the down-arrow icon next to the record button. To record audio from Youtube, you need to choose the Internal Microphone option.
- Step 3: After that, click the record button and play the source YouTube video at the same time. When the video finishes, click the button again to stop recording music from YouTube.
- Step 4: Finally, click the File option in the top menu bar and click choose Save option to save the recording.
Part 4: How to Record Audio from YouTube with Audacity?
In addition to the above-mentioned software, you can also refer to another YouTube audio grabber - Audacity. Audacity is a across-platform audio recording and editing tool that supports Linux, macOS and Windows. Moreover, it supports multiple output formats like WAV, AIFF, Ogg and MP3. In addition to the basic recording function, it provides a lot of editing tools, preset effects and plug-ins for users to better manage and edit their recordings. Below are the detailed steps to record audio from YouTube with Audacity.
- Download and install Audacity on your computer.
- Go to “Edit > Preferences” from the top menu on Audacity main interface.
- Locate “Recording” section and click “Stereo Mix” option. Then, click “OK” option to save the new settings.
- Open Audacity again to run the program under the “Stereo Mix” setting.
- Play YouTube video and click the record button on Audacity.
- Finally, click “Stop” button when the recording is done.
Part 5: Comparison Between 4 YouTube Audio Grabbers
In order to record music from YouTube, you can refer to the default audio recorder like Voice Recorder and QuickTime Player. However, they only provides you with the basic recording funtion. If you have more professional recording needs, then some advanced YouTube audio grabbers will be recommended, such as Leawo Music Recorder and Audacity. Compared to Audacity, Leawo Music Recorder delivers more user-friendly interface and practical recording tools for better recording experience. Therefore, among all these 4 audio recorder, in our opinion, Leawo Music Recorder is the best YouTube audio grabbers. For more comparison, you can refer to the following chart.
|Products||Leawo Music Recorder||Voice Recorder||QuickTime Player||Audacity|
|Record online music like YouTube, Last.fm||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Record internal audio||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Record audio being played locally||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Recording task schedule||Yes||No||No||No|
|Automatically add music tags||Yes||No||No||No|
|Built-in music tag editor||Yes||No||No||No|
|Apply recordings to iTunes in one-click||Yes||No||No||No|
|Automatically split/filter recordings||Yes||No||No||No|
|Customize recording parameter||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
Bonus Tip: Download Audio from YouTube
So is there any other way to download YouTube audio to your computer? The answer is positive, you can download the YouTube audio. It's the best way to download YouTube audio with the best quality possible. You may consider getting the CleverGet Video DownloaderCleverGet Video Downloader to help you download YouTube audio perfectly.
CleverGet is the most professional video downloader that can not only help you download YouTube videos but also TV shows, live stream videos from 1000+ websites, including YouTube, Twitter, Vimeo, Instagram, and many more. Want to download video from Twitter with the fastest speed? Try CleverGet. With CleverGet, you can capture Twitter video within just minutes!
CleverGet is not only the best MP4 video downloader but also a brilliant tool to capture live streams video. You can download live streaming videos directly with the video URL or M3U8 link. What makes CleverGet outstanding is the ability to download videos with a wide range resolutions from 480p, 720p, 1080p, 4K, and up to 8K UHD with 320 Kbps audio quality.
So how to download YouTube audio? Here is the guide.
Here's how to download YouTube video with CleverGet in simple steps.
◎Step 1. Launch CleverGet
Download and install CleverGet on your computer. Launch CleverGet.
- Download Video & Music from 1000+ Sites
- Download Live Stream Videos from YouTube Live and Others
- Up to 8K UHD Video Downloading with 320 kbps Audio Quality
- Smarter Downloading Settings
- 1-Click to Play Downloaded Videos
- Provide Precise Video Info
◎Step 2. Set Output Directory
Click on the Settings icon to enter the setting panel and set the output directory.
◎Step 3. Locate YouTube Video
Click on the YouTube icon to enter the YouTube website and search the YouTube video directly. Or you can copy & paste the video link to the address bar, and CleverGet will detect the video immediately.
◎Step 4. Download YouTube Audio
There are audio icon on the right of the list of downloadable source. Choose a preferred quality and format. Click on the "Download" button to download YouTube to audio as a local file.