"I recorded some footages with my Canon camcorder and wanted to burn these videos to my Blu-ray disc. What is the best Blu-ray burning software to convert and burn videos to Blu-ray on my PC and how?"
Blu-ray Discs are the best way to experience movies in your home. The picture quality and sound quality is superior to that of other video formats. This is due in part to the fact that Blu-rays have five times the storage capacity as DVDs have. To convert video to Blu-ray disc, you need to make use of 3rd-party video to Blu-ray converter software. This guide would show you how to convert video to Blu-ray in details.
Part 1: Tips for Burning Video to Blu-ray
Before you start to convert video to Blu-ray disc on PC, check the below useful tips. These tips would help you make video to Blu-ray converting smoothier and easier.
- You can’t burn Blu-ray discs on a DVD burner. Blu-ray burners are a different piece of equipment. You can, however, burn DVDs on a Blu-ray burner.
- CDs won’t create “playable” DVDs or Blu-ray discs. You can store the files on a CD, but clients won’t be able to watch them on a Blu-ray or DVD player.
- BDR vs. BDRE: The difference here is BDRE discs are rewritable, so you can edit discs if you don’t like your end product.
- Single vs. Double Layer discs: Basically, single layer discs hold 25 GB of data and double layer discs hold 50 GB.
- Different from DVD discs, Blu-ray discs don’t support direct copy-and-paste operation to store media files. You need to use a Blu-ray burner to burn media files into Blu-ray disc.
- To burn video to Blu-ray disc, you should get a Blu-ray recorder drive connected with your computer, and a blank writable Blu-ray disc for inserting into the drive.
Part 2: How to Convert Video to Blu-ray on PC
Leawo Video to Blu-ray Converter is an ideal Blu-ray burning software to help you complete this mission. Leawo Blu-ray Creator is a professional Blu-ray burning software that could easily convert and burn video to Blu-ray disc, folder or ISO image files within a few clicks. It burns Blu-ray movies from videos in various formats like AVI, FLV, MKV, MPEG, MP4, MOV, WAV, etc. This Blu-ray burner offers 40+ preset disc menu and template models for video to Blu-ray burning, allowing disc menu and template DIY, video editings, 3D movie effect adding, etc. For Mac users, Leawo’s Mac Video to Blu-ray Converter helps them convert and burn video to Blu-ray on Mac (Mac OS 10.6 and later).
Leawo Blu-ray Creator
- Burn videos to Blu-ray/DVD disc, folder and/or ISO image file simultaneously.
– Create photo slideshows from various photos and burn to DVD/Blu-ray disc easily.
– One click operation to burn ISO image file to Blu-ray/DVD disc.
– Edit output videos to add image or text watermark, trim video size, adjust effect, etc.
– Create 3D Blu-ray/DVD movies with 6 different 3D effects.
– Add disc menu to Blu-ray/DVD disc, even design disc menu with personal preferrences.
Things you need to prepare for converting video to Blu-ray:
- Blu-ray burning software: Download, install and kick off Leawo Blu-ray Creator on your computer.
- Connect Blu-ray recorder drive to your computer. Then insert a blank writable Blu-ray disc into Blu-ray recorder drive for converting video to Blu-ray disc.
- Get source video files ready for converting. Make sure source video files are protection free.
How to Convert MP4 to Blu-ray with MP4 to MP4 Converter
1. Add source video files
By launching Leawo Blu-ray Creator, open the "Convert" module, you could then load source videos by clicking "Add Video" button or via direct drag-and-drop. You could load multiple videos for burning to Blu-ray movies.
Note: Set output disc type (BD-25 1280×720, BD-25 1920×1080, BD-50 1280×720, and BD-50 1920×1080, according to the Blu-ray disc you’ve inserted into the drive), and bit rate (fit to disc) at the bottom of this Blu-ray burning software. The output aspect ratio is set as 16:9 by default for MP4 to Blu-ray burning.
2. Edit Videos (Optional)
Via selecting a video clip and clicking "Edit" icon in the loaded video title, you can access to the "Video Edit" window, where you could "Trim" video to exact length, "Crop" video to proper size, "Effect" video to the best display, "Watermark" video to a branded output, and add "3D" movie effect within this video to Blu-ray burner.
3. Set disc menu
If you don’t want disc menu, just click "No Menu" button at the right sidebar. Otherwise you need to choose your desired disc menu and template model from preset free menu templates on program’s right sidebar. Preview selected disc menu by clicking the eye-shaped icon in the middle of selected disc menu template. On the preview panel, Leawo Blu-ray Creator offers you a pencil-shaped "Edit" button to edit disc menu, including: add background music and picture, change title content and position, adjust text color, size, font, etc.
4. More burning settings
Click big green "Burn" button to call out the burning setting sidemenu, where you can choose to burn videos to ISO File, Blu-ray Folder or/or Blu-ray disc, input "Volume Label", choose saving destination in "Save to". If you like, you could also click the wheel icon at the top-right corner to set burning engine.
- Since you want to burn video to Blu-ray disc, insert a blank writable Blu-ray disc into Blu-ray recorder drive, select output Blu-ray disc type at the bottom of the main interface (as mentioned in Step 1, according to the disc you’ve inserted), and then choose Blu-ray recorder drive as target under "Burn to" option.
- You could choose to create an ISO image file while burning video to Blu-ray disc as a complete copy of output Blu-ray disc. It requires enough storage space.
5. Convert video to Blu-ray
Finally, after you’ve finished all settings, just click "Burn" button on burning setting panel. This video to Blu-ray converter would immediately start to burn video to Blu-ray disc for you.