“Just got the latest New iPhone, the phone co. transferred my phone directory and my service from the Old iPhone. But I have lots of notes that I don’t want to re-type in! Anybody have experience with this?”
The new iPhone 7 became the hottest topic in this septemeber in the smartphone market. Many features, updates and redesignes are added to iPhone 7, which are attracting more and more Apple fans to switch from old iPhone to new iPhone. But if you also have a lot of notes on your old iPhone like this guy, you may be frustrated and you may wish to move these notes to the new device for further using. Transferring Notes between two iDevices is hard to finish, but there are still several ways that you can try to transfer notes from iPhone to iPhone.
Part 1. Transfer Notes from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud Restore
Transferring notes from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud relies on having iCloud set up on the original device. If you don’t have iCloud set up or you have a slower internet connection, jump to the iTunes method below instead.
1. Pick up your old iPhone. Make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi. (If you’re low on power, plug in as well.)
2. Launch Settings from the Home screen. Tap on iCloud > Backup. Then tap on Back Up Now.
3. Boot your new iPhone, and walk through the easy setup, then choose “Restore from iCloud Backup” when you’re at the Setup Assistant place. Then log in your iCloud account and choose the backup of your old iPhone, click “Restore” to get it to your new iPhone. Wait till the iPhone has finished restoring from a backup.
When the restore process is complete, your iPhone will restart. Then all data, including notes, will be synced to your new iPhone. You should also connect the device to iTunes to sync data not contained in the backup (such as music, videos, apps, and so on).
Part 2. Transfer Notes from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes Restore
1. Run iTunes and choose “Edit > Preference > Device > Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically” at the upper left corner of the window.
3. iTunes will create a backup of your iPhone, and you may have to wait for a while until iTunes finishes backing up your iPhone.
4. Disconnect the old iPhone and plug in the new iPhone. After iTunes recognized the new iPhone, and at the “Set Up iPhone” screen, select “Restore from iTunes Backup”.
When the restoring process is finished, the data, including notes, will be imported into your new iPhone
Part 3. Transfer Notes from iPhone to iPhone without Restore
“I tried using iCloud account. But it did not seem to work. basically, I signed into iCloud on both iDevices with same Apple ID. And making sure Notes was set to on. Newly created notes will show up on both devices. But I also need the current local previously created notes to sync as well.”
If you are facing the same problem like the guy when you transfer notes from old iPhone to new iPhone with iCloud&iTunes restore, you may want to know how to transfer/copy Notes from one iDevice to another without using restore method. Fortunately, the third-party iPhone transfer software can help you on this issue. This software is used for transferring files among iOS devices, iTunes and computers, and it allows users to transfer non-purchased items without the sync of iTunes. The following guidance will show you how to transfer notes from old iPhone to new iPhone 7. You can free download the software to have a try.