When we talk about the WAV format, it usually refers to the uncompressed WAV format with many kinds of merits. WAV format could offer the highest audio quality, and editing WAV format is in fact relatively easy. Despite its advantages, it also brings some problems to solve. For example, it requires a lot of disk space. But sometimes, you may want to save recordings in WAV format for higher quality audio. Although Windows has a built-in audio recorder, it can only record audio and save in WMA format. It might be out of your expectation, but it is true. Actually, there are some WAV recorders, and this tutorial will introduce 4 methods to record audio to save in WAV format.
- Part 1: How to Record Audio to Save in WAV Format Using Leawo Music Recorder?
- Part 2: How to Record Audio to Save in WAV Format Using Leawo Screen Recorder?
- Part 3: How to Record WAV Audio Files on Windows with Online WAV Recorder?
- Part 4: How to Record WAV Audio Files on Windows with i-Sound Recorder?
Part 1: How to Record Audio to Save in WAV Format Using Leawo Music Recorder?
The first WAV audio recorder can be recommended here is Leawo Music Recorder. It can help you record WAV files, which also comes with multiple features to perfect WAV audio recordings like automatic tag downloading and adding, manual tag editing, one-click operation to apply recorded WAV files to iTunes music library, etc. The most importantly, it can not only record audio from microphone or headphones, but also record audio from computer and system like any online sources. To record audio and save in WAV format, follow the detailed steps below.
Step 1: Download Leawo Music Recorder
Click button below to download and install Leawo Music Recorder on your computer. Then, launch it after installation.
- Record any sound from computer stream audio and built-in input audio.
- Record music from 1000+ music sites like YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc.
- Schedule music recording via the internal recording task scheduler.
- Automatically/manually add and complete music tags like artist, album, cover, genre, etc.
- Save recorded musicfiles into either WAV or MP3 format for wide uses.
Step 2: Set audio source
Click the microphone icon in the bottom-left corner to call out Settings panel. Under the Audio Source tab, choose either Record Computer Audio option or Record Audio Input Option.
Step 3: Set WAV as recording format
Under Format tab, you can set to record audio and save recordings in either WAV or MP3 formats. Then, under Audio Setting section, you can set related output parameters for your recordings. If you also want to set output directory, click the General tab.
Step 4: Start to record audio to save in WAV format using Leawo Music Recorder
To start recording WAV files, click the red button in the top-left corner. At the same time, play your WAV sources. Just wait quietly for several minutes and the results would be shown in the library. Once it is complete, click the button again to stop recording, and it will be saved in WAV format immediately.
Step 5: Edit music tags if necessary
Generally, music tags will be added automatically. However, the editing function available from Leawo Music Recorder is quite flexible. The software could fill the requirement of manual editing tags like album and title easily, so that recordings could be easily recognized. All you need to do is right click recorded audio and then select "Edit Music Tags" option to edit tags like Title, Artist, Album, Year, Genre, etc.
Part 2: How to Record Audio to Save in WAV Format Using Leawo Screen Recorder?
Leawo software also offers another recorder to record WAV files, which is actually a single module in Leawo Screen Recorder. Apart from WAV format, you can also record audio and save in MP3, AAC, M4A, OGG, DTS, OPUS, AC3, MKA, or FLAC without quality loss. In addition to audio recorder, it can also act as a screen recorder, webcam recorder or screen capture. Each module can be used individually or together. No matter what you want to capture from your computer, it can meet your all requirements. But the only drawback of this software is that it doesn't support obtaining music tags from the internet. The detailed steps to use Leawo Screen Recorder to record WAV files are shown as below.
Step 1: Download Leawo Screen Recorder
Click the button below to download and install Leawo Screen Recorder to your computer. After installation, launch this software.
- Record all activities on your computer screen as HD screencast.
- Record video from your webcam.
- Record any audio from your computer an/or microphone.
- Capture anything on your computer screen as screenshot.
- Add drawing, annotations, watermark, mouse animation, and BGM to recordings.
- Output in high quality with multiple formats selectable.
Step 2: Set parameters for WAV recordings
By default, recorded audios will be saved in MP3 format, so to record WAV files, you need to change the format first. Click the three-bar icon on the top menu bar and go to Settings > Output, where you can set output directory, audio format, audio quality, sample rate, and more.
Step 3: Start to record audio to save in WAV using Leawo Screen Recorder
On the main interface of Leawo Screen Recorder, click Record Audio button to enter audio recorder module. Then, in the secondary interface of audio recorder, you can choose to record system sound or microphone sound. After audio source setting, click the REC button to start recording audio from computer.
Part 3: How to Record WAV Audio Files on Windows with Online WAV Recorder?
If you don't want to download any software on your computer, you can use online WAV recorder to record WAV audio files on Windows. Online Voice Recorder is a free web application, which uses open source code. Therefore, it is no functional restrictions as well as time limits. You can save your recordings in a variety of file formats, including MP3, WAV, OGG, WMA, and M4R. With easy-to-use interface, users can easily record WAV audio files in simple clicks. However, it is only available when your internet connection is fast and stable. Otherwise, your recordings might not be saved preperly. Plus, it can only record WAV audio from your microphone, which means that it can't record WAV files from computer audio or online sources.
- Step 1: Open the online WAV recorder on the browser of your computer.
- Step 2: Click the red button on the main interface, and it will guide you to make some related settings, including microphone permission, output format, etc.
- Step 3: Once the red button turns to green, you need to play the souce WAV file at the same time to let this free online WAV recorder to record WAV files online. You can click the green button anytime to stop recording.
- Step 4: Step 4: Once you stop the recording, a "Save" button will appear, by clicking which this online WAV recorder will start to generate and save your recordings. You can also drag the bar to cut the recording. Then, the Save button will turn to Click to Save button, click it to save your recordings to local hard drive.
Part 4: How to Record WAV Audio Files on Windows with i-Sound Recorder?
i-Sound Recorder is also an excellent WAV recording program that can help you record WAV files easily. With multiple audio formats selectable, you can record audio and save in WAV, MP3, OGG, WMA, WAV, FLAC, etc. Featured with a clean UI, it offers users friendly operation to record audio. Furthermore, it allows users to schedule multiple recording sessions and customize settings. The below steps would show you how to record a WAV file with i-Sound Recorder.
Step 1: Set output directory
First of all, download, install and launch this WAV recorder on your computer. On the main interface, you could see a "SETTINGS" button, by clicking which you could go to the program settings interface. Under the General tab, you could set output directory in the "Destination File Folder" box.
Step 2: Set output format
Under the Codecs tab, you need to select output audio codec and output audio format container. You could even adjust the audio parameters including Sample Rate, Mode, Encoding Mode, Bitrate, etc. If you want to save recordings to WAV format, select WAV on the drop-down panel.
Step 3: Start to record WAV audio file
After settings, return to the main interface and click the center yellow "Start recording" button to start recording WAV audio files on Windows. Then, click the square yellow "Stop recording" button next to the "Start recording" button to stop recording anytime you like. Once the recording is stopped, the recorded WAV file would be saved in the folder you've set just now.