These days, whether you are going to make a presentation of a product launch or enjoy a blockbuster at home with a bigger screen, connecting your phone to TV is a great help. With many options of TV out there, Apple TV doesn't seem to be the only choice when you want to cast your iPhone to big screens. So how to connect iPhone to Samsung TV? Here's a simple guide to help you connect your iPhone to Samsung TV with different methods.
Part 1: How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV via Samsung App?
Samsung TV is one of the best smart TV on the block that allows you to enjoy media and entertainment on a bigger screen. With Samsung TV, you can get the best out of media experience with the game-changing innovation and enjoy extraordinary picture and sound with the unrivaled technology. Samsung TV's built-in app allows you to share content or play video, music from your phone using the Samsung App - Smart View.
So how to connect iPhone to Samsung TV via Smart View? First off, you will need to install the app on your phone and make sure the Wi-Fi connection is on. Please note that your iPhone and Samsung TV should be connected to the same Wi-Fi. Then you can follow the steps below.
- - Launch Smart View and turn on Samsung TV. It will automatically search the Samsung TV around you.
- - Select the Samsung TV you want to connect from the list and start the connection.
- - On the TV, you will be asked to permit connection. Use the TV remote to select "Allow" on the prompt for connection.
- - Once your TV is connected to your iPhone, you can use the app to share content by selecting the content in the menu of the Smart View app.
That's it. You can now use your iPhone as a remote control for the Samsung TV.
If you want to share the content from media apps like YouTube, you can simply cast the video directly from YouTube. YouTube has a feature that allows users to cast the screen to TV, here's how to do it.
- - Connect your iPhone to Samsung TV with the steps above.
- - Launch YouTube, locate the video you want to share to Samsung TV.
- - Tap the Screen Icon on the top right and choose Samsung TV from the prompt.
However, when it comes to apps like iTunes, things are a bit different. You can share, stream, and import media from one Apple device to another, but with Samsung TV, the connection isn't just as seamless as Apple devices. To enjoy your favorite music and movies on Samsung TV, the simplest way is to download the media onto your devices with Leawo Prof.DRM.
- Convert iTunes DRM-protected M4V movie and TV show to DRM-Free MP4
- Remove DRM from M4B, AA, AAX files and convert any Audible AA, AAX file to MP3, even without iTunes authorization
- Convert iTunes DRM-Protected M4P and non-DRM iTunes M4A Music to MP3
- Remove DRM-protection on Spotify music and convert to Universal audio format for enjoying music offline on any devices
- Convert DRM-protected eBook from Kindle, Kobo, Adobe to DRM-free epub, mobi, azw3, txt, etc., format
Leawo Prof. DRM is the most powerful iTunes DRM removal tool. With Leawo Prof. DRM, you can successfully remove the DRM(Digital Right Management) that limits the use, modification, and distribution of copyrighted work such as videos, music, ebooks, and audiobooks. For Spotify users who want to look for some nice music for work, here's how to convert top 10 Spotify music playlists for work. Besides, Leawo Prof. DRM can also help you read Kindle books without Kindle!
Part 2: How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV via HDMI Cable?
You can connect your iPhone to Samsung TV with an HDMI cable, which is used for transmitting digital content from one source to another like a TV cable box or projector. Normally all the TV boxes are equipped with several ports for HDMI, so all you have to do is to get yourself an HDMI cable with an HDMI connection on each side, a lightning digital AV adapter, and an unused HDMI port on Samsung TV.
Here's how to connect iPhone to Samsung TV via HDMI cable in simple steps.
- - Connect one end of the HDMI adapter to your iPhone's charging port, and connect the other to the HDMI cable.
- - Connect the end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of your Samsung TV. HDMI ports are usually on the back of the Samsung TV. Note down the number of the HDMI port.
- - Turn on Samsung TV. Select the input source as "HDMI" and choose the number of the HDMI port. Your iPhone is now paired with Samsung TV.
Part 3: How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV via AirPlay?
iPhone's AirPlay allows users to seamlessly connect to other Apple devices without the remote app, so it's a great help if you don't want to use an app for connection. AirPlay doesn't work for Apple devices only, so you can use AirPlay to connect your iPhone to Samsung TV. Please note that your iPhone and Samsung TV must be connected to the same Wi-Fi and your Samsung TV requires an AirPlay 2 built-in. Now let's see how to connect iPhone to Samsung TV via AirPlay.
- - Turn on your Samsung TV. Unlock your iPhone and bring it close to Samsung TV.
- - Pull off the Control Center from the upper right of the screen. Tap "Screen Mirroring."
- - On the prompt, select the name of your Samsung TV from the list. If AirPlay turns up on your TV screen, enter the name on your iPhone.
- - Your iPhone should be now connected to your Samsung TV. It takes a while for AirPlay to connect.
- Apple has AirPlay and AirPlay 2 which require different requirements on devices and systems, you can learn more on the official site to find the one that applies to your devices.
Part 4: How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV via Tool?
If your Samsung TV doesn't support AirPlay, or you find it's too much work to get an HDMI cable and adapter, a free mirroring app - MirrorMeister is here to help you out. MirrorMeister is an easy-to-use app to help you cast your phone to ALL the TVs. So you don't have to worry about compatibility. With MirrorMeister, you get the benefits like:
- - Flawless screen mirroring guaranteed, no running ads, no interruptions.
- - Supports a wide variety of TVs and streamer devices like Samsung, LG, Sony, TCL, HiSense, Panasonic, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, etc.
- - 100% wireless and made for iOS, you can share content without the hassle of a cable.
MirrorMeister is straightforward to use, here's how to connect iPhone to Samsung TV with MirrorMeister in simple steps. First off you will need to download and install the app from the Apple app store. MirrorMeister offers a free trial if you are not so sure about it.
- - Launch MirrorMeister, and turn on Samsung TV. Make sure they have connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- - MirrorMeister will start to detect the devices around you. Once a prompt pops up, select the Samsung TV and tap "Start Mirroring."
- - To enable the sound of screen mirroring, you will need to install the audio driver and you can get it from the official site of MirrorMeister.
- - Now, wait for a few seconds for the iPhone to connect to Samsung TV. Once It's connected you can share your media like photos, music, and videos to your Samsung TV.
- Multiple VLANs and subnets are not recommended here for screen mirroring. If you are using a VPN on your iPhone, make sure it's turned off so it doesn't interrupt the connection.
Now you know how to connect iPhone to Samsung TV with different methods. Of all the methods above, which seems to be the right one for you? If you've got an HDMI cable and adapter at hand, then go with the cable. Connection over cable is usually more reliable than wireless, but the cluttered cord and unsightly appearance are imperfections that come with it. Given the stable transmission, HDMI is still a good choice if you want to enjoy uninterrupted media playback on the big screen.
When you want to share your favorite media such as music, video, audiobooks from iTunes or Spotify to big screen TV, it's always better to download and convert them with Leawo Prof. DRM. It's the most reliable DRM removal tool which can guarantee the best quality of your media. Even though streaming online seems to be quite popular these days, media playback offline is a still better choice to enjoy your favorite movies flawlessly. Leawo Prof. DRM is also extremely useful when you have to remove DRM regularly! Go check it out and see it yourself!