As one of the most popular social network apps, WhatsApp is playing a more and more important role in people’s daily life. It allows us to chat with our family, friends or colleagues at any time easily. However, It’s very easy for us to tap on wrong options and delete all or some WhatsApp messages on iPhone by accident. And many people may ask the question” How do i recover deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone?” In the post, we will introduce you several methods for you to solve the problem with ease.
Part 1. Retrieve WhatsApp Messages on iPhone Directly
If you have no previous backup on iTunes or iCloud, you can take advantage of the third-party iPhone data recovery software to retrieve WhatsApp messages on iPhone directly. Leawo iOS Data Recovery is one of the most powerful iPhone data recovery tools to restore WhatsApp messages on iPhone. By using it, you can not only retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone, but also WhatsApp message attachments. It enables you to retrieve WhatsApp messages directly from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, extract WhatsApp messages from iTunes and iCloud backup files. You can download the trial version to have a try.
1. Run Leawo iOS Data Recovery on your computer, and you will see three recovery modes in the main interface. Choose Recover from iOS Devices and connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable. The program will recognize and analyze your iPhone.
2. After the analysis of the iPhone, Leawo iOS Data Recovery will start to scan the contents in the tablet. It will list 12 categories in the left sidebar, and allow users to choose when the scan is finished. Choose “WhatsApp” in the sidebar, and check the WhatsApp messages you want to recover, then click the “Recover” button at the right bottom.
3. After clicking the recover button, you will see a pop-up dialog. Click “Open” in the dialog to choose a folder on your computer to save the exported WhatsApp messages. Then click “Go” to start recovering deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone. You will get the recovered WhatsApp messages in the target folder when the software finishes the recovery process.
Part 2. Recover WhatsApp Chat History from iPhone Backup
If you have previously backed up your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud and are quite sure the lost data is included in the backups, you may be able to retrieve deleted WhatsApp chats by restoring your iPhone from backup.
From iCloud Backup
To recover your chat history from an iCloud backup, first verify that an iCloud backup exists in WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. If you can see when the last backup was performed, delete and reinstall the app from the App Store. After verifying your phone number, follow the on-screen prompts to restore your chat history. The same iCloud backup requirements apply for iCloud restore. In addition, the phone number used for backing up and restoring must be the same. You cannot restore the chat history from another WhatsApp account. If you share an iCloud account, this will allow you to keep your backups separate.
From iTunes Backup
1. Open iTunes. First go to Edit > Settings > Devices to disable automatic syncing.
2. Connect your iPhone to computer. Wait for a while, right-click your iPhone in the devices list and click “Restore from Backup”.
3. Stay in the backup file contains WhatsApp messages, click “Restore”.
Part 3. Export WhatsApp Messages from iTunes Backup
2. After a few seconds, the program will display backups of different iOS devices you have ever backed up through iTunes on this computer. Just select the backup you want to recover deleted iMessages from and click “Scan” button to scan the backup for specific contents.
3. After scanning, 12 kinds of data will be listed on the left sidebar, containing Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library, Contacts, Messages, etc. Tap on “WhatsApp” to preview all messages. Then mark those messages and attachments you want to recover.
4. After picking out the WhatsAoo messages you want to recover, click “Recover” to continue, and specify a saving folder by clicking “Open” on the pop-up window, then tap “Go” to start exporting WhatsApp messages from itunes backup.
Part 4. Extract WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup
3. After scanning, 12 kinds of data will be listed on the left sidebar, containing Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library, Contacts, Messages, etc. Tap on “WhatsApp” to preview all the messages, and click “WhatsApp Attachments” to preview all the videos, photos, etc, attached to WhatsApp. Then mark those messages and attachments you want to recover.
4. A dialog pops up after the recover button is clicked. Hit “Open” in the dialog to choose a folder on your computer to save the exported files, and then click “Go” to start extracting WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup.
Leawo iOS Data Recovery is helpful for various kinds of data recoveries of iOS devices, and it also helps to backup iPhone, iPhone and iPod touch files to computer. For example, you are able to backup iPhone contacts to computer with this program. If you are interested in this software, just free download it and have a try.