AVCHD videos are mostly from camcorders and digital cameras. These AVCHD camcorders produce footages in MTS/M2TS format with really high quality image. However, AVCHD videos in MTS or M2TS format are not supported by video-sharing sites, taking YouTube as an example. Therefore, if you want to share what you record with your camcorders or digital cameras, you are advised to convert AVCHD to YouTube compatible video formats like FLV, F4V, etc. After converting, you can then upload the compatible video onto video-sharing sites like YouTube for sharing with family and friends.
Part 1: Basic Knowledge about AVCHD and YouTube Supported Video Formats
What is AVCHD?
AVCHD, short for Advanced Video Coding High Definition, is developed by Sony and Panasonic collectively, which is originally designed for HD camcorders use for digital recording and HD video playback. It records video at a resolution, ranging from 720p to 1080p or higher. Videos in AVCHD format can be burnt to a standard DVD disc that can be playable on an HDTV and Blu-ray Disc player.
What are YouTube supported video formats?
If you want to upload videos onto YouTube, it is necessary for you to figure out what video formats are supported by YouTube. YouTube supports a variety of video formats. Let’s take a closer look at the following.
- MP4 (a multimedia container format standard specified as a part of MPEG-4)
- FLV (Flash Video, a kind of video format )
- AVI (Audio Video Interleaved,a kind of video format)
- MOV (the QuickTime multimedia file format)
- 3GP (a multimedia container format defined by the Third Generation Partnership Project for 3G UMTS multimedia services)
- MKV (an free container format that holds an unlimited number of video, audio, picture, or subtitle tracks in one file)
- MPEG (the Moving Picture Experts Group, a kind of video format)
- WMV (Windows Media Video)
- SWF (Shockwave Flash)
Note: Among these video formats, FLV is the most acceptable video format, and it is widely used as YouTube video format. If your videos aren’t supported by Youtube, you should look for a video converter to convert videos to YouTube supported video formats.
Part 2: Convert AVCHD to YouTube Video with Leawo Video Converter
Leawo Video Converter is a professional video converter that helps convert video and audio between 180+ formats. Of course, it can be employed to convert AVCHD to YouTube video formats such as MP4, FLV, AVI, WMV, SWF, etc. It has two versions available: Leawo Video Converter for Windows and Leawo Video Converter for Mac. Users should download and install the correct version one based on the operating system on which their computers run.
☉ Convert video and audio between all formats, of course including AVCHD to YouTube videos conversion
☉ Trim, Crop, Effect, Watermark to edit video
☉ Internal video player for previewing
☉ Support 2D to 3D conversion
☉ Add external subtitle and select audio channel
This tutorial below guides you through the AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) to YouTube videos conversion progress with Leawo’s AVCHD to YouTube converter. This AVCHD to YouTube converter could act as a M2TS to YouTube converter and MTS to YouTube converter to convert M2TS/MTS to YouTube videos with lossless quality. Also, this AVCHD to YouTube converter could convert videos between various common/HD video formats like MP4, MPEG, AVI, FLV, MOV, MKV, WMV, 3GP, etc. With this AVCHD to YouTube converter program, you could easily convert your AVCHD camcorder videos to YouTube videos for uploading to YouTube or other video sharing sites.
The below step-to-step guide shows you how to convert AVCHD videos to YouTube video with Leawo AVCHD to YouTube converter.
Guide on how to convert AVCHD to YouTube compatible videos with Leawo Video Converter:
Step 1: Import source AVCHD video files
Get your AVCHD videos ready and kick off Leawo Video Converter. Go to the “Convert” tab, and click “Add Video” button on the sub-menu to load your AVCHD video files. After loading, you could play back AVCHD videos, select subtitles and audio tracks from source AVCHD videos, add external subtitles to loaded videos, edit loaded videos, etc.
Step 2: Set output profile
Click the drop-down box next to the “Add Photo” button. On the drop-down list, select “Change” option. Then on the popup Profile window, select YouTube compatible video from “Format” group such as FLV, SWF, MP4, etc.
Note: If you need, you could click the “Edit” button on the drop-down profile setting box to adjust video and audio parameters like video codec, aspect ratio, frame rate, resolution, audio codec, bit rate, channel, sample rate, etc.
Step 3: Convert AVCHD to YouTube
Click the big green “Convert” button on the sub-menu bar next to the format setting drop-down box. Then, on the popup sidebar, set output directory. After setting output directory, click the “Convert” button right below. Leawo Video Converter would start to convert AVCHD to YouTube on your PC immediately.
If you are using Mac computer, you should switch to Mac counterpart of Leawo Video Converter, i.e. Leawo Video Converter for Mac for help. As the main interface of Leawo Video Converter for Mac is the same as that of Leawo Video Converter, you can get a glimpse from the guide above when using Leawo Video Converter for Mac.
Part 3: Upload AVCHD to YouTube after Converting
“How to upload HD video to YouTube? Can I upload AVCHD to YouTube? Can I upload M2TS to YouTube?”
Recently, I ran into such questions a lot. Yes, since we have converted AVCHD to YouTube videos, we can upload AVCHD now in YouTube compatible video formats to YouTube. Check the guide below to know how to upload AVCHD to YouTube.
You must first sign up for a free YouTube membership to upload videos, then click “Upload Videos” in the upper-right-hand corner of any YouTube page. Enter as much information about your video as possible, including Title, Description, Tags, and Category. Then all the things left is following its instructions.
If you still don’t understand the video uploading process, follow the instructions below excerpting from YouTube official website:
- Sign into your YouTube account.
- Click on “Upload” at the top of the page.
- Before you start uploading the video you can choose the video privacy settings.
- Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer. You can also create a video slideshow or import a video from Google Photos.
- As the video is uploading you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video, and decide if you want to notify subscribers (if you uncheck this option no communication will be shared with your subscribers). Partners will also be able to adjust their Monetization settings.
- Click “Publish” to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to “Private” or “Unlisted”, just click “Done” to finish the upload or click “Share” to privately share your video.
- If you haven’t clicked Publish, your video won’t be viewable by other people. You can always publish your video at a later time in your Video Manager.
Once the upload is completed YouTube will send you an email to notify you that your video is done uploading and processing. You can then forward that email to friends or family for easy sharing. If you prefer not to receive notification, you can opt out by visiting your email settings.