Are you an iPhone user and curious about ways to save PDF files on iPhone? Here we will teach you how to save PDF on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
iPhones or iOS devices are so strict with their applications that you cannot easily download and save files on your iPhone. Even if there are lots of iPhone users all over the world, not all are expert in using the device. Many users are unsure of how to save pdf on iPhone.
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a common file format of a document on the Internet because it is best for viewing and printing purposes.
Part 1: How you can save PDF files on iPhone from a computer via Email
Step 1. Send yourself an email and attach your PDF files.
Log in to your email account on the PC, then create a new email and address it to the email linked to your iPhone. Attach the PDF file from your computer and then click to send. Check your iPhone Mail application to see the sent file.
Step 2. Open the email on your iPhone
If you already added the email account to the default Mail application on your iPhone, open the Mail application and check the email you sent to yourself from your PC. You can also access your email account with Safari browser.
Scroll down to the email attachment and download it from the webmail server to your iPhone.
Once the download is finished, your screen should look like this.
Step 3. Save and open attached PDF files through iBooks on iPhone.
Tap on the attached PDF file in the email. There will be a pop-up dialogue. You can choose iBooks as the default application to open the files. After you open the PDFs in iBooks, the file will be saved to your iPhone. You can read the file on your iPhone or other iOS devices using the iBooks application from now on.
If you can’t find iBooks in the pop-up dialogue, swipe to the right to see more applications. If you can’t find it after viewing all available applications, you might need to install iBooks.
Part 2: How to save pdf on iPhone from a computer with iTunes
You can also add PDF files to your iTunes library on your computer by dragging and dropping the file into iTunes Book library. In your iBooks library, all PDFs or iBook files are ready to sync to your iOS devices by iTunes.
1. Open your iTunes. You might need to update to the latest version.
2. Connect your iPhone to your computer using USB cable. Once the device is connected, an icon will appear in the upper left corner. Click on that device icon.
3. Check the Settings on the left side of the iTunes window. There is a list of content where you can sync from your iTunes library to your iPhone or other iOS devices.
4. Click on the content you want to sync to your iPhone. You will need to click on “Books” to sync your PDFs.
5. In the main iTunes window on the right, check the option “Sync Books” to turn on syncing for PDFs. If the option is already checked, you can move on to the next step.
If a message appears saying that your iOS device is synced to another iTunes library after checking the box, that means your device is still connected to another computer. If you click “Erase and Sync” all content you select will be replaced with the content from this computer. Content that you don’t turn on the sync for will be deleted from your iOS device after syncing. You can only sync your iOS device with one iTunes library at a time.
6. Click the “Apply” button in the lower right corner, and the sync will start right away.
Part 3: How to save pdf files on iPhone from a computer without iTunes by using Leawo iTransfer
Leawo iTransfer is a helpful program with which you can transfer and manage files from a computer such as photos, videos, music, etc. You can use Leawo iTransfer to transfer your PDF files to your iPhone or other iOS devices. It is a professional program that could transfer up to 12 types of data or files between iOS devices, computers, and iTunes. It also supports the latest iOS devices such as iPhone 8 and iPhone X. With Leawo iTransfer, you can easily playback, view, and delete data and files on your iPhone.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data
and files on iOS devices.
1. Download and install the Leawo application on your computer.
2. Launch the software.
3. Connect your iPhone or other iOS devices via USB cable. You will see iPhone library on the left side of the main window.
4. Click on “Books” under “LIBRARY” on the left side. You can add a PDF file from your computer by clicking on “Add File” in the main window on the right side.
5. After you add the PDF file, you can read the PDF on your iPhone with iBooks.