SoundCloud is an online audio and music distribution service that allows its users to listen, upload, record, distribute, and share music with anyone. You will find out how to record Music on SoundCloud in this post. SoundCloud is the world’s leading social sound platform which has more than 40 million registered members and attracts over 175 million unique audio playbacks every month, encouraging musicians to share and distribute their music tracks as well as intriguing a large number of music lovers to enjoy music here. SoundCloud uses other social networks to spread music uploaded by its members. Users can place the widget on their own websites or blogs and then SoundCloud will automatically Tweet every track uploaded. It is nothing that not all tracks are downloadable. If there is no “download” button offered, it means the one who uploaded it wouldn’t like to make it downloadable. On this occasion, you are lucky to get music recorded. Read on to find an effective way to record music on SoundCloud with ease.
- Part 1: How to Record Music on SoundCloud with Leawo Music Recorder?
- Part 2: How to Record Music on SoundCloud with Audacity?
- Part 3: How to Record Music on SoundCloud with Free Sound Recorder?
- Part 4: How to Record Music on SoundCloud with Online Music Recorder?
- Part 5: Comparison Between 4 Methods
Part 1: How to Record Music on SoundCloud with Leawo Music Recorder?
If you want to preserve your frequently played music tracks on your computer or mobile phone so that you can listen to it later without the Internet connectivity, you can resort a powerful music recorder to simply record music on SoundCloud. The professional music recording software — Leawo Music Recorder would be an efficient option. It enables you to record any built-in input audio, computer audio and online music platforms. You can record music from YouTube, Spotify, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, Google Play Music, and other hundreds of websites and save the recorded music to MP3 or WAV format without any quality loss. In addition, you can also make use of the software to download sleep music or other music tracks you prefer. Besides, by using this recording software, you can also create, edit and delete playlists for recordings, edit recorded music file info, sync add recordings to iTunes, and so on. Here comes the guide on how to record music on SoundCloud with this music recorder.
Step 1. Download and install Leawo Music Recorder
Go to the Leawo official site to download the music recorder and install it on your computer. Both Windows and Mac versions are available. Launch it and you will go to the recording main interface.
- Record any sound from computer stream audio and built-in input audio.
- Record music from 1000+ music sites like YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc.
- Schedule music recording via the internal recording task scheduler.
- Automatically/manually add and complete music tags like artist, album, cover, genre, etc.
- Save recorded musicfiles into either WAV or MP3 format for wide uses.
Step 2. Set the music source to record input audio
Click the “Audio Source” icon on the main interface and then you are required to select “Record Computer Audio” option to record online music on SoundCloud. Note that if you are to record audio from built-in input audio like Mic, choose “Record Audio Input” option.
Step 3. Set output format and destination for the recordings
Switch to the “Format” tab to choose “MP3” as the output format. Then you can switch to “General” tab to set an output directory to save output recordings in the “Output” box.
Step 4. Start to Record Music on SoundCloud
Click the red “Start” button to start the recorder, and then play music on SoundCloud. It should be noted that you need to first start recording and then play the source music.
When it finishes recording, the software would automatically download and add music tags to your recordings. You can play the music and edit music tags manually. To make it, go to “Media > Library” tab, select a recording and right click, then choose “Edit Music Tags” to manually edit music tags.
Part 2: How to Record Music on SoundCloud with Audacity?
Other than Leawo Music Recorder, you can also record music on SoundCloud with free Audacity. It is an open-source digital audio editor and recording application software, which can be used to play, import, export, and record a wide range of file formats, including WAV, AIFF, and MP3 and other formats. It has a downside that it requires a separate download for VST plug-ins. However, it also provides a full set of audio effects and editing and analysis tools. To record SoundCloud music easily, follow the guide below.
- Download and install Audacity music editor on your computer, and launch the program to enter the main recording panel. Click on the Microphone icon and select the “Stereo Mix” option from the dropdown list that appears. Note that you’d better make sure you’ve enabled the Stereo Mix device on your computer.
- Click on the red “Recording” button to initiate the recording process.
- Go to SoundCloud, search the music you want to use the search bar on the homepage and start playing the music.
- When the music finishes, click on the stop button to end the recording process. You can also click the “Play” button and listen to the recorded music right away.
Part 3: How to Record Music on SoundCloud with Free Sound Recorder?
What’s more, there are other free music recorders that can record music on Soundcloud as well. Free Sound Recorder would be a feasible alternative. It is frequently-used audio recorder software that can help you capture sound from Internet broadcasts, streaming audio, conferences, or local audio files reproduced by other programs like RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, iTunes and so on. You can use this recorder to record music from any online music sites like the top music sharing sites SoundCloud, YouTube, etc. and save recordings in MP3, WMA, WAV or OGG files with high quality. To record music on SoundCloud with this recorder, follow the detailed guide below.
- Download and Install Free Sound Recorder on your computer.
- Click the “Record” button to activate the music recorder. Then you can click “Show mixer window” to choose the sound source from the “Recording Mixer” and select the proper recording device. It allows you to adjust the volume and balance if you need.
- Go to “Options > General Settings,” to select an output file type, pick “MP3” this time for instance.
- Play the music you want to record on SoundCloud. Then click “Start recording” to start.
- Once done, you can click “Stop Recording” and export it together with detailed information about the source music tracks.
Part 4: How to Record Music on SoundCloud with Online Music Recorder?
Except for some recording software, multiple online music recorders can also be helpful for recording music on SoundCloud. RecordMP3.co is one of the widely-used online recorders that can record any sound you want such as your voice or music from many websites such as SoundCloud, YouTube and so on and convert it as an audio file. In fact, RecordMP3.co can help you get the original, and the best-quality music recordings. It can also be used to download a 4K resolution video and extract its sound out of it. Moreover, as it uses a lossless compression algorithm to download the audio file in a smaller size without losing its sound quality, it is quite popular for many users. Follow the tutorial below to record music on SoundCloud.
- Go to visit SoundCloud and then search for the music you want to record.
- Go to visit the online music recorder website and you will see the recording page.
- Play the music and click the red “Record” button immediately to start recording.
- When the music playing is complete, you can play it or download it to your computer or portable device for offline listening.
Part 5: Comparison Between 4 Methods
There are 4 methods recommended in this article to help you record music on SoundCloud. And each of them has their own advantages that make music recording easier. To distinguish these methods so that you can select the one best for you, read on to get the comparison between them.
|Features Comparison||Leawo Music Recorder||Audacity||Free Sound Recorder||Online Music Recorder|
|Support Operating System||Windows/Mac||Windows/Mac/Linux||Windows/Mac||Windows/Mac|
|Intuitive interface and simple use||Y||N||N||Y|
|Record audio and video music||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Record online/streaming music||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Capture any sound from computers||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Record music from multiple radios & podcasts||Y||Y||Y||N|
|Record audio from microphone or other built-in input audio streams||Y||Y||Y||N|
|Generate music tags automatically and allow manual editing.||Y||N||Y||N|
|Schedule time for recording||Y||Y||Y||N|
|With an audio editor to add effects||N||Y||Y||N|
|Set time-intervals to automatically split tracks||Y||N||N||N|
|Add recorded music list to iTunes library with 1-click||Y||N||N||N|
|No quality loss||Y||Y||Y||N|
To make a conclusion, the 4 methods mentioned here are all helpful and feature-rich audio recorder you can use on your Windows or Mac computer. However, Leawo Music Recorder is the simplest one for music recording. Audacity and Free Sound Recorder are free to use but most of time, the former may crash while recording and they both are a little bit difficult for a novice to get used to. The online recorder is simple to use without any software to be downloaded or installed, but it only has limited features. It is noting that Leawo Music Recorder has a lot of features for recording and managing music from more than 500 websites with no ads or malware, you can feel free to have a try.