The official version of iOS 8 was released on the 17th of September, have you updated to the latest iOS already? Although Tim Cook didn't introduce too much about iOS 8 on the Apple Product Release Conference, it may bring many surprises to users when the users update to this new version.
Before updating to iOS 8, iPhone users will want to back up the files from iPhone to computer to keep them safe. As is known, iTunes enables users to create backups, and restore the backup to their iOS devices, so users can create or update the iPhone backup before updating their iPhone to iOS 8. It is easy for the experienced iPhone users to update their iPhone backup, for the new iPhone users, the following guidance will show you how to create/update the iPhone backup in iTunes:
1. Start iTunes and go to "Edit > Preferences > Devices", and check "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically".
2. Plug iPhone into computer via USB cable. iTunes will recognize your iPhone and display an icon of the iPhone at the upper right corner.
3. Click the icon and choose "Back Up iPhone" in the summary panel. Then iTunes will start to make an iPhone backup if this is your fist time to use iTunes. Or it will add the new contents into the former iPhone backup.
With iTunes, users are able to back up iPhone files before iOS 8 update easily. The backup of iTunes will be saved on your computer as a database, and users can't view them on computer. But some users want to have a look at what they have saved in the backup. At this moment, the users will need the iPhone data recovery software to back up iPhone files to computer in viewable files.
Users are able to find various kinds of iPhone data recovery programs on the Internet, but I would like to introduce Leawo iOS Data Recovery to you guys. This software provides two recovery modes which doesn't only help users to back up the files from iPhone to computer, but also extract files from iPhone backup. The following guidance will show you how to back up iPhone files before iOS 8 update, and you are allowed to free download the software to have a try. Note that the trial version will stop at the preview window.
How to Back Up iPhone Files Before iOS 8 Update
1. Run Leawo iOS Data Recovery, and you will see two recovery modes in the main interface, one is "Recover from iOS Device", and the other is "Recover from iTunes Backup".Choose the former recovery mode and connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable. Then the software will recognize your iPhone and check it in the bottom list. Click the "Start" button to let the software analyze your iPhone.
2. After the analysis of the iPhone, Leawo iOS Data Recovery will start to scan the contents in your iPhone. It lists 12 categories in the left sidebar, and allows users to choose when then scan is done. Choose one category and the contents will be shown in the right part. Check the files you want to back up, and then click the "Recover" button at the right bottom.
3. After clicking the recover button, users will see a pop-up dialog. Click "Open" in the dialog to choose a folder on your computer to save the recovered files. Then click "Go" to start backing up iPhone files to computer.
When the backup process is done, you will get the recovered files in the target folder. The software also enables users to extract files from iPhone backup. The software is also helpful for extracting files from iPhone backup to computer, which also helps users to back up iPhone files before iOS 8 update. The following guidance will show you how to extract files from iPhone backup to computer.
How to Extract Files from iPhone Backup
1. Start Leawo iOS Data Recovery, and choose "Recover from iTunes Backup". Then the software will display all the backups you have created in the window. Choose the iPhone backup, and click "Scan" at the right bottom.
2. The software will scan the contents in the backup, and lists 12 categories in the left sidebar. When the scan is done, choose one category and then contents will show up in the right part. Check the contents you need and click the recover button at the right bottom.
With Leawo iOS Data Recovery, people are able to recover deleted files from iOS devices, or back up iPhone, iPad and iPod touch files to computer. For example, this software helps users to recover deleted notes on iPod touch 4. If you are interested in this software, just download it and have a try.