It is obvious that android mobile and iPhones own the most market share in the mobile phone market, both of these two kinds of phones have their unique characteristics to attract people’s eyes. It may be one of the reasons why people buy two mobile phones with these two kinds of operating systems.
However, when it comes to transfer from iOS to android, it may make some people puzzled. Being two totally different operating systems, how could the transfer happen? Today, I would like to introduce you some simple ways of transferring files from iOS to android, which set iPhone 5s (iOS device) and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (android phone) as examples.
Set transferring pictures as an example, the formats both supported in iPhone 5s and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 are JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, etc., and mainly four methods are available for transferring pictures between iPhone 5s and Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to computer and select the pictures.
2. Pack up your pictures into a folder and compress the folder to a WinRAR zip file.
3. Send yourself an email with the compressed files in the attachment.
4. Log in your iPhone 5s’ email and download the attachment.
5. Use the Zip manager in your iPhone 5s to decompress your ZIP file, and you can get your pictures.
the Zip manager in your iPhone 5s is able to both compress and decompress the files in your iPhone 5s. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 doesn’t have the Zip manager, so you should directly send the copies of the pictures in the attachment to your email and log in your email on your Note 3, and get the pictures.
1. Create your Dropbox account and install the app both on your iPhone 5s and Note 3.
2. Upload your pictures in iPhone 5s to Dropbox folders.
3. Open your Dropbox on your Note 3, and then download the pictures to your phone.
the free storage space of Dropbox is 2GB, so take care of this limit. Windows SkyDrive and Google Drive are also helpful, but iCloud is only able to sync files with i-devices. All these apps are in Freemium mode, you should pay for the larger storage spaces.
1. Connect your iPhone 5s to computer and launch the latest iTunes on your computer.
2. Sync your iPhone 5s with your iTunes and you may see the pictures in your iTunes.
3. Copy or drag/drop your pictures in the iTunes to computer.
4. Connect your Note 3 to computer as a flash disk, and you are permitted to copy the pictures onto your iPhone 5s.
if you have used third party transfer software to transfer pictures, the iTunes cannot sync them to computer, you may take the risk of losing pictures, and you should back up your original files and then try this method.
What is the transfer software used for? Maybe you have never used transfer software before, now let me introduce you this kind of software. Obviously, it is used for transferring files among iOS devices, computer and iTunes. The functions of this kind of software are: 1. Transfer whatever files you need between iOS devices, computers and iTunes; 2. Used as a backup software to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod files to computer; 3. Make your iOS devices as flash disks so that you can download any files with ease. As for “professional”, I give my vote to the Leawo iTransfer, it is fantastic, and just runs fast and stable. The following guidance will show you how to transfer files from iOS devices to Android devices:
Free download Leawo iTransfer:
After installing, run the software meanwhile connect your iPhone 5s and your Note 3 to computer. The software will show all your files in the window, you can choose the files you want to transfer, whether they were synced with the iTunes or not.
Here are 3 ways to start transfer:
a. Click the transfer button to get to the transfer settings, choose the location you want to transfer;
b. Circle the files, right click one and “Transfer to” your target folder;
c. Drag & drop your pictures to the target folders.
These are the methods I can figure out for transferring files between android phones and iOS devices, you may also want to have a try to transfer files from iPhone to android, it will be full of fun. Yet, other methods are waited to be discovered. Maybe someday, android iOS file transfer can realize directly via Bluetooth or some simpler ways.