Most mobile devices nowadays, like the iPad, come with security features. Lock screen security is of vital importance to the protection of the personal data on your iPad. You can enable or disable this feature from the iPad settings. But after setting the security passcode, how do you use it to unlock your iPad? What if you forgot the pass code and get your iPad disabled?
How to unlock an iPad with password?
- 1. Press the Home button or the Power button to turn on your iPad.
- 2. Swipe the screen to the right to unlock.
- 3. Enter the pass code.
- 4. Then your iPad is unlocked.
If you enter the wrong password on your iPad too many times, your iPad will be locked out and there would be a message informing you that your iPad is disabled.
How to unlock iPad without password or how to unlock disabled iPad?
It is a good habit to have your iPad backed up regularly. In case of your iPad is locked, disabled or being stolen, you can easily recover your data from it. Otherwise, you’ll lose all the data. To unlock iPad screen without password or to unlock disabled iPad mean you have to remove your previous pass code and restore your iPad. Here we introduce three methods which you can follow.
Method One: How to unlock iPad without password using iTunes
- 1. Connect iPad to the computer you have synced with.
- 2. Open iTunes on your computer and connect it with your iPad. If fortunate, you can enter the iTunes without password. But in most cases, there would be prompt asking for a pass code. Try another computer you’ve synced with, or use recovery mode. (The recovery mode will be mentioned in method three.)
- 3. Find your iPad in summary and make a manual backup. Once the backup have finished, click Restore your iPad with the most relevant back-up.
Method Two: How to unlock iPad screen without password with iCloud
You can also use iCloud to remove your password and recover your data if you have backed up before it was locked. And it is in the premise that you have set up Find My iPhone on your iPad, and you did remember your Apple ID, you can use iCloud to unlock your iPad.
- 1. Open your laptop or computer, go to icloud.com/find or open the iCloud app.
- 2. If the sign-in window pops up, just sign in with your Apple ID.
- 3. There’s an All Devices button at the top-left of the window, click on it to call out a drop-down menu and choose your iOS device.
- 4. Click Erase (your device) in the prompt to finalize the process.
- 5. Now you can either recovery data to your device from a backup or set up as new if there isn’t any back-up before.
Method Three: How to unlock a disabled iPad in recovery mode?
If you’ve neither synced with iTunes nor set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you’ll need to wipe your iPad to factory setting to remove the password, which means you’ll suffer losing all your data on iPad and get it as a new one.
Please pay attention there is a slight difference in putting different models of iPad into recovery mode.
- 1. Turn off your iPad Air, press and hold the Home button.
- 2. While holding the Home key, connect the USB cable to the device. Wait until the Apple logo appears and keep holding the Home button for few more seconds.
- 3. Continue holding the Home button until the iTunes logo appears.
iPad mini/iPad pro
- 1. Connect your iPad to your computer or laptop and open iTunes.
- 2. While your device is connected, force to restart it.
- 3. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don’t release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
Now you have entered the recovery mode, and
How to recover data from locked ipad with Leawo iOS Data Recovery?
As we have mentioned you can recover data from itunes, there is another efficient way to recover data from Leawo iOS Data Recovery. Leawo iOS Data Recovery is the best data recovery software for iPhone, iPad & iPod.
Step one: Scan your device
Step two: Preview found data and select files to recover
Step three: Choose saving location
There are various kinds of devices for you to recover from. Choose recover from iOS device. Click “Start” button, the program will start to analyze and scan your device automatically.
After scanning, all the data in your iPad (including the deleted data) will be listed on the left sidebar categorized by 12 file types: Camera Roll (photos & videos), Photo Stream, Photo Library, Contacts, Messages, Message Attachments (photos, videos, voice memos, contacts), Call History, Calendar, Notes, Reminders, Voice Memos, Safari Bookmarks. You can preview the data one by one and check the items you want to recover, or tick the bottom-left corner checkbox “Only display the deleted items” to only recover the deleted data from iPad.
After selecting files, click “Recover” button on the bottom-right corner of the interface to start data recovery from iPad. You can tick the checkbox to “Automatically open the output folder after finishing recovery”.