Recently some users on Apple Support Communities raised some questions related to camcorder, like “can you download videos from a camcorder to an iPad? - I would like to transfer video from camcorder to iPad but have no idea how to do it. Can I directly transfer camcorder video to iPad? Or do I need to convert camcorder videos before transferring to iPad?” Based on these related questions, theoretically, you could of course transfer video from camcorder to iPad directly via camera connection kit, which connects your SD card to computer for video transferring from camcorder to iPad. However, we all know that most camcorders record videos to save in AVCHD file formats (either m2ts or mts). Therefore, what actually need is to firstly convert camcorder videos to MP4 or other videos that could be recognized by iPad, and then transfer video from camcorder to iPad. This guide would show you how to transfer camcorder video to iPad after converting.
Part 1: How to Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer?
In order to transfer videos from camcorder to computer, you need to prepare some additional cables to connect your camcorder to the computer, including USB cable and a supplied AC adopter. If it is ready, then follow the steps below to transfer videos from camcorder to your computer.
- Connect camcorder to computer. Use the AC adopter to connect your camcorder with the computer. Then turn on your camcorder.
- Locate camcorder device on your computer. Once your camcorder is connected to computer with the AC adopter, usually your computer would automatically detect the camcorder as a hard disk drive.
- Open the camcorder folder and choose the preferred camcorder files to transfer to computer. Here, you only need to directly right click these camcorder files and choose Copy option and finally paste them in the destination folder on your computer.
Transferring videos from camcorder to computer may usually take a long time and by the way you should make sure your computer has enough storage capacity to keep these camcorder files. So, if you have an external hard flash drive, it would help you a lot on releasing more space on your hard drive.
Part 2: How to Transfer Camcorder Videos from Mac to iPad?
When the camcorder videos have been transferred to your local computer or Mac by the above steps, now you can easily transfer the camcorder videos from computer to you iPad. The method you can adopt here is to make full use of default Transferring function within Mac. The whole transfer process would be very simple. The detailed steps on how to transfer camcorder video from Mac to iPad are listed below:
- Connect your iPad to Mac with the proper USB cable, or you can set the Wi-Fi connection and make sure both your Mac and iPad are connected under the same Wi-Fi internet.
- Find the iPad device under the Finder option on your Mac.
- Enter the main panel of Finder page on your Mac, click “File” option to choose the uploaded camcorder videos and then click on the option “Sync movies onto …”, here you can choose your iPad device as the exported destination.
- Click “Apply” and wait for the camcorder videos to be transferred from Mac to iPad under the Finder control panel. When it is done, you can then view the videos on your iPad.
Part 3: How to Transfer Camcorder Videos from PC to iPad with iTunes?
Also, you can transfer camcorder videos from PC to iPad with iTunes. As we all know, iTunes is the official iOS data transfer and manager tool put forward by Apple. It could help you sync videos and movies between iTunes and iOS devices. The below steps would show you how to transfer camcorder video to iPad via iTunes in detail:
Step 1:Open your iTunes and connect your iPad to computer via USB cable.
Step 2:On iTunes, click "File > Add file to Library" option to browse and import camcorder video to iTunes after converting.
Step 3:After importing camcorder video to iTunes, click the iPad icon on the sub-menu bar.
Step 4:Open "iPad > Settings > Movies" tab successively.
Step 5: On the right panel, check "Sync Movies" option and then choose the videos you want to transfer to iPad (imported camcorder videos would appear here).
Step 6:After choosing camcorder videos, click the "Apply" button on the bottom right corner to start syncing camcorder videos to iPad.
Step 7:Then you only need to wait for the synchronization complete. Disconnect your iPad with computer and then view the camcorder videos on iPad freely.
Part 4: How to Transfer Camcorder Videos from PC to iPad without iTunes?
Even though iTunes is the default file management tool for iOS devices, some users may not get familiarized with the program, especially its control panel. Aside iTunes, you can also find other efficient ways to transfer camcorder videos from PC to iPad. Next, several other useful methods would be introduced below.
4.1 How to Transfer Camcorder Videos from PC to iPad with iCloud?
As one of the best iPhone cloud Storage apps, iCloud can be the first choice you can refer to. You can follow the steps below to complete the data transferring process.
- Go to iCloud.com on your PC and log in to your iCloud account. Make sure the iCloud account you are to log in on your computer is the same as on the iPad’s.
- Once you signed in iCloud, you can then choose “iCloud Drive” to upload the camcorder videos on your computer to your iPad.
- Start transferring camcorder videos to your iPad. Choose the videos on your computer and you can get access to these videos then. Choose the videos you prefer to download to your iPad. Here you must make sure your iPad has enough capacity to store these videos.
4.2 How to Transfer Camcorder Videos from PC to iPad with Onedrive?
If you prefer to transfer camcorder videos under Windows operating systems, then you can also seek help from the Windows app --- Onedrive which could be used as the storage method to transfer camcorder videos on your computer to iPad as well as backing up iPhone to laptop. Here are the detailed steps.
- Visit Onedrive website on your computer, or you can simply download Onedrive app on your computer.
- Log into your Onedrive account by entering email address and password.
- Click “Upload” button at the top of the main panel to load the camcorder videos on your computer.
- Wait for the uploading process to be completed.
- Install Onedrive app on your iPad and log into the same account.
- Tap on the uploaded videos on the screen to download these videos to your iPad.
4.3 How to Transfer Camcorder Videos from PC to iPad with Leawo iTransfer?
Is there any way that could overcome the shortcomings of email and iTunes to help transfer camcorder video to iPad without any limitaion? Of course yes. Leawo iTransfer, a professional 3rd-party iOS data transfer and manager software app which could help you easily transfer camcorder video to iPad without any limitation. As a professional iOS data transfer and manager app, it could transfer data and files between iOS devices, iTunes and computer, view data and files on iOS devices from computer, delete iOS data and files from computer, etc. With this iPad data transfer software, you could easily transfer video from camcorder to iPad tablets.
△Step 1. Download Leawo iTransfer
Choose an appropriate version to Download Leawo iTransfer on your computer.
-Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
- 6x faster than iTunes
- Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
- Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, etc.
- Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
- Support Windows & Mac OS
△Step 2. Launch the software
Run the software and connect iPhone to computer with USB cable. You could see your iPhone information on the left sidebar.
△Step 3. Add camcorder video to iPad
Go to " iPad > Library > Movies" tab. You could see all existing videos and movies on your iPad on the right panel. Click the "File > Add > Add File/Add Folder" option to browse and add camcorder video to iPad from local drive.
△Step 4. Transferring camcorder video to iPad
Upon camcorder video loading, Leawo iTransfer would start to transfer camcorder video to iPad immediately. You could view the whole transferring process.
It will take a few seconds for the importing process to complete. Disconnect iPad with computer after the transferring is finished. Then you could freely play back and view camcorder videos on iPad. Referring to the above methods, it will be more convenient for you to transfer video from camcorder to iPad with Leawo iTransfer, since it doesn't require Internet connection, limit file size and erase existing videos and movies on iPad neither. If you're using a Mac computer, you could make use of Leawo iTransfer for Mac to transfer Card contacts to iPhone on Mac.