“How can you watch 3D movies on YouTube? I have heard that people could watch 3D movies on YouTube, but haven’t found the way to do this. What should I prepare for watching 3D YouTube videos? Can I download YouTube 3D videos, or upload 3D movies to YouTube? I am quite interested in these things. Please help me with this. Quite appreciate any advice.”
YouTube is plain of 3D video of different genres? For example, you can enjoy live performance of your favorite singer or band in 3D, this is quite impressive. YouTube is the biggest 3D content source, and every day new 3D content is uploaded. But almost every 3D video uploaded today is uploaded as SBS with no 3d flag, to preclude YouTube from activating the creepy anaglyph mode. However, if anyone wants, 3D videos encoded with a 3D flag can still be uploaded, thus 3DTVs and VR headsets with properly players can still show the 3D image. Unfortunately, that way they’re discarding millions of users with other types of 3D screens. There’s no reason to condemn so much people to watch the anaglyph version.
Well, in this guide, we would like to show you how to watch, download, make and upload YouTube 3D movies.
Part 1: How to Watch YouTube 3D Movies in 3D Mode?
As mentioned above, you could watch YouTube 3D movies in 3D mode easily. There are generally 3 different ways for you to watch YouTube 3D videos.
- Get a 3D glasses for YouTube viewing: YouTube offers SBS 3D movies for you to watch. What you need to do only is get a 3D glasses for YouTube 3D movie watching.
- Shut down the YouTube 3D setting, so you can’t watch the video in 2D setting without the annoying cyan-blue hue. If you simply wanted to watch the video. It’s in the bottom right of the video.
- Get a google cardboard / VR google to watch the youtube 3d movie. Its not very expensive and I found it to be very relaxing experience.
When watching a 3D video on YouTube, the settings icon (the 'gear' icon in the bottom right corner) presents a 3D On/Off Switch. Be sure it is in the "On" position, then select your preferred options. Without special hardware, you may select "Full Color" and "Red/Cyan" to display the video in anaglyph. 3D will only need a inexpensive pair of red/blue glasses.
Note: If 3D options are not available, fix it by
- Downloading the last version of IE;
- Deleting cookies and restarting (Go to Internet Options, General, Browsing history, Delete, check Cookies and website data, then Delete).
You could get quite a few YouTube 3D movies from the YouTube 3D channels or browsing and searching 3D movies on YouTube.
Part 2: The Most Comprehensive YouTube 3D Video Converter Suite - Leawo Prof. Media
Watching YouTube 3D movies is quite easy. Is there any way to download YouTube 3D movies, and make 3D movies for uploading to YouTube? You could try Leawo Prof. Media. Leawo Prof. Media is an all-inclusive media converter tool that could help you handle nearly all media conversion issues between Blu-ray, DVD, video, audio, online video, picture and more. As for YouTube 3D movie enjoyment, Leawo Prof. Media enables you to not only download YouTube 3D movies, but also convert videos to 3D movies for uploading to YouTube for sharing.
Featuring an online video downloader, Leawo Prof. Media enables you to download online videos from 1000+ video sharing sites like YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc., convert Blu-ray, DVD and regular 2D videos to both 2D and 3D movies for uploading to YouTube for other video sharing sites according to your needs. It’s the most comprehensive YouTube 3D video converter solution suite for you.
Besides handling YouTube 3D video conversions, Leawo Prof. Media still enables you to do more things. With it, you could:
- Play back media files like Blu-ray, DVD, video, audio, and even ISO image files just like a region-free media player.
- Decrypt, rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD to video/audio files in 200+ file formats for various uses, regardless of disc protection and region restrictions.
- Decrypt, copy and backup Blu-ray/DVD content to blank disc or computer hard drive, in full-movie or movie-only backup mode as you need.
- Convert video and audio files between various formats for different media players and devices, supporting even 4K video output.
- Convert and burn videos files to Blu-ray/DVD content in disc, folder and/or ISO image file, and even burn image files to Blu-ray/DVD photo slideshow easily.
- Turn photos into photo slideshow video for saving in various formats, and edit generated photo slideshow.
- Edit Blu-ray/DVD/video files to trim, crop, add watermark, adjust effect, apply 3D effect, etc.
- Choose disc menu for DVD/Blu-ray burning, and even design disc menu with preferred items.
No matter what you need, Leawo Prof. Media meets your requirements in multimedia conversion solutions.
Part 3: Download YouTube 3D with Prof. Media
How to use Leawo Prof. Media to download YouTube 3D movies? Actually, Leawo Prof. Media has a built-in video downloader, through which it could help you download videos from YouTube, Vevo, Veoh, Facebook and 1000+ other video sharing sites for mobile devices like iPod, iPhone, iPad, and other devices. No matter what 3D movie effects your target YouTube videos are in, Leawo Prof. Media could easily help you download YouTube 3D videos in simple clicks.
Check the below steps to learn how to download YouTube 3D videos with Leawo Prof. Media. You need to download and install this YouTube 3D video solution suite on your computer first.
Step 1: Set download folder
Launch Leawo Prof. Media after the installation, click the wheel icon on the top-right corner. Then go to the “Download” tab. Set output download directory in the “Save videos to” box.
Step 2: Locate target YouTube 3D video
Open the “Download” tab. Copy and paste the YouTube 3D video URL into the address bar under the “Download” tab to locate target YouTube 3D video for downloading.
Step 3: Choose video to download
Leawo Prof. Media will analyze the target YouTube 3D movie and then offer multiple download options in different formats, quality and resolutions on the right sidebar. Choose the desired one and then click the download icon to start downloading target YouTube 3D video.
Step 4: Manage downloaded videos
The downloading process will start instantly. You could view all downloading tasks under the “Downloading” tab and downloaded YouTube 3D videos under the “Downloaded” tab. Now, you have successfully downloaded YouTube 3D videos to your computer.
Part 4: Make and Upload 3D Video to YouTube with Prof. Media
You could also find a Convert module built in Leawo Prof. Media. This module enables you to convert Blu-ray/DVD/video files to 3D videos for uploading to YouTube. Featuring a video converter and a Blu-ray ripper, Leawo Prof. Media enables you to convert Blu-ray, DVD and regular video files to YouTube compatible videos in 6 different 3D movie effects. You could follow the below guide to learn how to convert Blu-ray/DVD/video to YouTube 3D videos with the Convert module built in Leawo Prof. Media.
Step 1: Enter the Convert module
On Leawo Prof. Media program interface, click the “Convert” menu to enter the “Convert” module.
Step 2: Add source media files
Under the “Convert” module, directly drag and drop downloaded YouTube videos, or click the “Add Video” or “Add Blu-ray/DVD” buttons to browse and load videos or Blu-ray/DVD files respectively.
1. After loading source downloaded YouTube videos, you could play back loaded videos, edit loaded videos, select subtitles and audio tracks, take screenshots, etc.
2. If you are going to load Blu-ray/DVD sources, Leawo Prof. Media offers you 3 different content loading modes: Full Movie, Main Movie and Custom Mode. Check Full Movie and it’ll select all the videos. Select Main Movie to rip the main movie. Use Custom Mode to select multiple videos from the list by yourself.
Step 3: Set output format
Hit the button next to the “Add Photo” button and then click “Change” option to enter the “Profile” panel. Choose output format from “Format” or “Device” group according to your needs. Choose YouTube compatible video format as output format, like “MP4 Video” from “Format > Common Video” group.
Step 4: Change video and audio parameters
If you need, you could click the “Edit” option on the drop-down panel next to the “Add Photo” button and then adjust the output video and audio parameters like video codec, video bit rate, aspect ratio, resolution, audio codec, sample rate, bit rate, channel, etc. You need to adjust these parameters according to the YouTube requirements.
Step 5: Set 3D effect
Since you need to make 3D videos for uploading to YouTube, you need to make use of the internal 2D to 3D converter. Click the edit icon in each loaded media file title to go to the editing panel, then move to the 3D tab to enable “3D Mode” to green. Then, you could freely select a 3D effect for YouTube. We would like to recommend you SBS or Red/Cyan.
Step 6: Set output directory and convert
Then, return to the main interface of Convert module, and click the green “Convert” button. Set output directory in the “Save to” option. After that, you need to click the “Convert” option to start converting videos to YouTube 3D videos for uploading.
Upload the final SBS or Red/Cyan 3D movies to YouTube once the conversion completes. Don’t know how to upload 3D movies to YouTube? Follow the below instructions:
- Log in your YouTube account.
- Click the “Upload Video” icon.
- Browse and load created 3D movie from your computer hard drive.
- When uploading the video click the “Advanced Settings” button and choose "This video is already 3D" from the 3D Video pick list.
- Once you select "This video is already 3D" you then have to choose the 3D arrangement. Select "Side by side: Left video on the left side".
- Then, finish other settings as you usually do in uploading video to YouTube.
If you already uploaded your video and did not select these settings, you can choose to Edit your video from the YouTube Video Manager and select these correct 3D settings.
Bonus Tips: 5 Best 3D YouTube Channels Recommended for You
Here in the end we would like to recommend you 5 best 3D YouTube channels for you to watch YouTube 3D movies.
1. 3D Printing Nerd: An aptly named channel, 3D Printing Nerd makes a huge amount of content, often several videos in a single week on the subject. These videos range from Q and A’s, to niche builds like the Rick and Morty portal gun below, to comparisons of different printers. As big Rick and Morty fans, we thoroughly enjoyed the research on this channel.
2. TED Talks: TED Talks are well-known as very informative in many areas. There are also a number of talks on 3D printing. If you are interested in gaining more knowledge in the area, this is a great channel to check out.
3. 3D Systems: 3D Systems are a huge name in the 3D printing world. As a result, they have a large amount of very informative content about their printers, and general 3D printing-related content. Their videos help inform owners of their printers about various uses, tips, and capabilities of their printers.
4. Make Anything: This channel is mainly for documenting the YouTuber’s inventions, experiments, and adventures in 3D prints, art, design and whatever else...
5. 3D Hubs: 3D Hubs is an online manufacturing platform that provides videos about digital manufacturing technologies and engineers with on-demand access to a global network of manufacturing partners. Users can easily upload their design, instantly receive a quote, and start production at the click of a button.