It is well known that YouTube is the world’s largest video-hosting service and also one of the biggest video and audio platforms owned by Google. Most musicians, composers, and groups have their own YouTube channels and will post their music videos and live performances for everyone to watch. Thus, there are millions of music videos for you to watch online for free. If you enjoy listening to big hits music on YouTube offline, you are required to get YouTube Music Premium to download YouTube music. Actually, there are also many YouTube music downloader like certain websites, software, and browser extensions that can extract and download audio from YouTube video in an MP3 file for free so that you can listen to on your computer or mobile device offline.
- Is It Legal to Download Audio from YouTube Video?
- Method 1: How to Download Audio from YouTube Video with YouTube Premium?
- Method 2: How to Download Audio from YouTube Video with Leawo Music Recorder?
- Method 3: How to Download Video from YouTube with CleverGet Video Downlaoder?
- Method 4: How to Download Audio from YouTube Video Using Online YouTube Audio Downlaoder?
Is It Legal to Download Audio from YouTube Video?
Before downloading music from YouTube video, you'd better know whether it is legal. YouTube provides free music videos online and makes profits through advertising and YouTube Premium subscription. If you download YouTube music for offline listening through unofficial channel, YouTube will no longer get any profits from you. Obviously, it is more advantageous to avoid you downloading content from YouTube. Not only does YouTube want to protect its earnings potential, but it also has to protect those content creators who may make a living from that content.
However, if you don't use downloaded YouTube audio in your own projects or for your own gain, it is not illegal to download YouTube video for personal use. When you download audio from YouTube video, you should know that you have no copyright. If you distribute or financially benefit from downloaded YouTube music, you must get the permission of the copyright owner. Otherwise, it is definitely illegal.
Method 1: How to Download Audio from YouTube Video with YouTube Premium?
YouTube Premium is a subscription service that provides ad-free access to its content, access to premium YouTube original programs and TV shows, as well as access to download video and audio from YouTube. However, YouTube only allows its subscribers to download audio from YouTube for offline listening. The price of YouTube Music Premium is $9.99 per month for the regular plan, $4.99 per month for the student option, and $14.99 per month for a family plan. With the paid YouTube Premium subscription, you have the ability to download music for offline listening. If you have subscribed to YouTube Premium, then follow the steps below to download music from YouTube.
- Launch the YouTube Music app. Make sure you are logged in.
- Go to a song you want to download.
- Tap the download arrow, then it will download YouTube music for offline listening.
- If you’d prefer to download a playlist, tap the Library tab in the bottom-right corner of the app, and select the playlist you want to download. Then, tap the Menu icon and tap the Download icon to download a playlist.
Method 2: How to Download Audio from YouTube Video with Leawo Music Recorder?
If you want to download audio from YouTube video for free, then Leawo Music Recorder will be a good choice. Leawo Music Recorder is powerful but user-friendly music recording software that can be used to record any music for free from any external devices, computer's internal audio and online music sources, like YouTube, Spotify, AOL Music, Last.fm, Pandora, Tidal, etc., and then save recordings in MP3 or WAV format with lossless quality. Beyond that, as a smart music recorder, it could automatically add music tags when recording music, and allow you to manually edit music tags via the built-in music tag editor. With this software, you can easily download audio from YouTube video in simple clicks.
Step 1: Download Leawo Music Recorder
Click the download button below according to your computer system. Then, follow the on-screen instruction to install this software to your computer.
- Record any sound from computer stream audio and built-in input audio.
- Record music from 1000+ music sites like YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc.
- Schedule music recording via the internal recording task scheduler.
- Automatically/manually add and complete music tags like artist, album, cover, genre, etc.
- Save recorded musicfiles into either WAV or MP3 format for wide uses.
Step 2: Set audio source for YouTube music download
Launch the software after installation. On the main interface, click the microphone icon in the bottom-left corner to call out the Settings panel, where you can set audio source. To download audio from YouTube video, here you need to choose the Record Computer Audio option.
Step 3: Set output format
In the same panel, click the Format tab to set output format. In addition, you can adjust audio parameters including bit rate and sample rate in the Audio Setting section.
Step 4: Start to download audio from YouTube video
Click the red Start button in the top-left corner and play the source YouTube video at the same time. Once the video finished, you can click the button again to stop recording. Alternatively, if you have many songs to download, you can continue playing and click the stop button when the last song finishes. It will automatically filter blank space and cut them into different audio tracks.
Step 5: Edit music tags
Generally, music tags will be added to recordings automatically. But you can still edit music tags manually. In the Media > Library tab, you can right-click a song and choose Edit Music Tags option to edit music tags like name, album, genre, artist, etc. Plus, you can one-click to share the recordings to iTunes.
Method 3: How to Download Video from YouTube with CleverGet Video Downlaoder?
In addition to recording audio from YouTube, you could also download the YouTube video and then convert it to whatever formats according to your needs. Among all kinds of YouTube video downloading tools, CleverGet Video Downloader is regarded as the best one. With it, you could easily download free movies from various free movie or video websites like YouTube, Twitter, Tubi, Facebook live, Vimeo and various other free movie sites.
Download Movie Video With 320 Kbps audio.
Easily Download Live Streams Without Quality Loss.
Video Info Extractor.
Supports Playlist Downloading.
Support Multi-tasking & Video Info Extractor Inside.
Step 1: Kick off CleverGet Video Downloader
Visit the YouTube website from your browser, then copy and paste the link from your address bar. If you have the link already saved somewhere, proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Choose the desired video
Paste the link into the address bar of CleverGet, which should open the video webpage. From the list presented, select the ideal video with parameters that suite your needs (such as quality and format).
Step 3: Proceed to download YouTube videos
Once you have confirmed everything, click the download button to initiate your download.
Step 4: Convert the downloaded video to mp3 format with Leawo Video Converter
- Convert video and audio files between 180+ formats without quality loss
- Support 720P, 1080P and even real 4K video output
- Create photo slideshows from photos stored on camera, computer, camcorder, etc
- Built-in video editor to trim, crop, add watermark, apply special effect, etc
- 2D to 3D converter with 6 different 3D movie effects available
Method 4: How to Download Audio from YouTube Video Using Online YouTube Audio Downlaoder?
If you don't want to install software on your computer, you can resort to some YouTube audio downloaders. YouTubetoMP3 is a website for you to download YouTube music to MP3 in a quick and convenient way. There is no registration necessary and no software installation needed. Besides, this online YouTube downloader supports seraching for videos by keywords and YouTube playlist, and downloading YouTube video to MP3. However, such sites are usually full of ads, while the download quality is not high. To download music from YouTube online with online YouTube download, follow the steps below.
- Copy and paste the URL of source YouTube video to the searching box, then click the Go button.
- After loading, you can click the arrow-down button near to the Convert button to choose a format you want to download in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Convert button to start downloading audio from YouTube video.
- After the conversion, you can just click the Download button to save it to your computer for offline listening.