iPod touch is more and more popular in our daily life. Many people use iPod touch to do lot of stuffs in their daily life, for example, iPod touch is good for making calendars, notes; iPod touch is OK for listening to music and playing games. Moreover, iPod touch has lower price than iPhone and iPad, but it owns same storage space and similar functions with iPhone iPad. Therefore, many fans of iOS devices choose iPod touch for daily uses.
If you are annoyed by the time of the appointments, you can take advantage of iPod touch. The iDevice will helpful for you to make reminders, take notes , edit calendars to make sure you won’t be late for the meetings again. But you will never want the notes or calendars being deleted by accident, that’s absolutely a nightmare. If you have some non-purchased files saved in your iPod touch, you won’t want to use iTunes to restore the lost data, then you can check out this iPhone data recovery software, Leawo iOS Data Recovery.
Leawo iOS Data Recovery is helpful for recovering lost data from iTunes backups or iOS devices, and it will help you to restore iPod touch without iTunes. Users can restore data from iPod touch directly, including contacts, notes, reminders, calendars, messages and call history. The following guidance will show you how to restore iPod touch without iTunes, setting restoring notes as an example. Note that iPod touch 4 can be restored under DFU mode, and Leawo iOS Data Recovery provide specified version for it. You can free download Leawo iOS Data Recovery and have a try, but the trial version stops at the preview window.
1. Run Leawo iOS Data Recovery and connect iPod touch to computer with the USB cable. The software will recognize your iPod touch and shows the “Start” button in the middle of the window. Click the button and the software will analyze your iPod touch.
2. After the analysis of your iPod touch, the software will start to scan the contents in your iPod touch. The scan may take a while because the software will scan the deleted files as well. 12 categories will be listed in the left sidebar, when the scan is done, the names of the categories will turn white. All the existing contents in your iPod touch will be shown in the categories, but the deleted items will only display in the 6 categories which have been mentioned. Choose “Calendars” and check the files you need, then click “Recover” at the right bottom of the window.
3. After clicking the “Recover” button, a dialog pops up. Click “Open” in the dialog to choose a folder on your computer to save the files. Then click “Go” to restore iPod touch calendars.
When the process is done, you will get the exported calendars in the target folder. The calendars will be saved in an HTML file, and you can use Internet browser to open it. If you want to restore iPod touch apps, you can take advantage of some other third party iPhone transfer programs, such as iFunbox, iTools, and Leawo iTransfer.
You may have been very familiar with iFunbox and iTools, and you can get apps easily transferred to your iPod touch. The apps are saved in C: > Users > Administrator > My Music > iTunes, and they are saved as IPA files. Leawo iTransfer allows you to transfer the IPA files to your iPod touch directly, and as soon as the transfer finishes, the apps will be installed on your iPod touch. Moreover, the software will transfer the configuration information and inside documents to your iPod touch so that you don’t have to set up all the details of the app again. If you are interested, check out the following guidance about how to restore iPod touch apps without iTunes. You are allowed to free download and try the software, but you will have a limit on transfer times.
Tips: iTunes needs to be installed to make Leawo iTransfer work.
1. Run Leawo iTransfer and connect iPod touch to computer with the USB cable. The software will automatically detect the iPod touch and show the libraries of the iPod touch in the left sidebar.
2. Click “Apps” and the contents will be shown in the right part of the window. If the App Library of your iPod touch is empty, you can click the “Add Files” button in the middle of the window to add apps from your computer. If not, click “File > Add > Add File/Add Folder” at the upper right corner of the window to add apps.
3. After choosing apps, Leawo iTransfer will start to transfer apps. The progress bar will show you the percentage of the transfer. When the transfer is ongoing, please don’t disconnect the iPod touch.
When the transfer is done, you will get the apps in your iPod touch. You can also use this method to add other IPA files into your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, but if the apps are not complete at first, you will not be able to transfer them.
Restoring iPod touch without iTunes is not a problem anymore. With the programs mentioned above, you can easily restore your iPod touch data. Of course, you can use the programs to backup iPhone, iPad or iPod files, for example, you can use Leawo iOS Data Recovery to back up iPhone text messages.