MP4V is a video codec used to compress and decompress video data. Also there are files in in .MP4V format. There are a lot of media players that supports playing .MP4V videos. Here are several video players you can use to play MP4V videos if you had them: VLC, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Windows Video, QuickTime, iTunes and possibly other media players.
When a video uses MP4V codec, the file extension doesn’t have to be .MP4V. And MP4V videos are natively supported by a lot of video players, as is said before. When converting MP4V to MP4, you are either converting a file that uses the MP4V codec or a file that has the .MP4V file extension. Either way, I will show you how to convert MP4V to MP4 in the content below.
How to Convert MP4V to MP4?
A video that uses the MP4V codec could be a 3GP or MP4 video or videos in other formats. So when looking for a video converter to convert MP4V to MP4, you’ll only need to find one that supports the MP4V codec. And as is mentioned above, most media players support playing video files with an .MP4V extension, so normally a video converter that supports the MP4V codec would be able to convert video files with the MP4V extension to MP4.
Here’s one video converter that supports the MP4V codec: Leawo Video Converter. It supports more than 180 video formats. It can easily convert videos and audio files between those formats. It can even convert 2D videos to 3D. It’s one of the most powerful video converter for you to do the MP4V to MP4 conversion. No matter if you are converting a video using the MP4V codec or a video with the MP4V file extension, Leawo Video Converter would be able to do the job.
Here’s how to convert MP4V to MP4 using Leawo Video Converter.
Note: The company packed Leawo Video Converter into a software package a few versions ago and now it’s inside a program called Prof.Media. Don’t be alarmed when you find the Leawo Video Converter you’ve downloaded is changed to Prof.Media. It’s just inside the program.
1. Start Prof.Media on your computer, and then you will see 8 different tabs on the interface. Click on Video Converter to launch Leawo Video Converter.
2. Click the Add Video button in the top left area and then click Add Video or Add Video Folder if you’ve put all the MP4V videos you want to convert in the same folder. Select from the Open dialog box to add your MP4V videos to the conversion list of the program.
3. The next step is to set the default output format to be MP4. When opening Video Converter for the first time, the default output format is set to be MP4, but the program also got the MP4 format with different profiles. You can go check them out in the Profile page. To open it, click on the button on the right side of the Add Photo button and click Change in the following menu. It’s got MP4 using MPEG4/H.265 codecs, HD MP4 Videos and even 4K MP4 videos. Click on the ideal profile to select it and go back to the main interface.
4. If you want to change the codec used by the output MP4 video or other parameters, click on the button on the right side of the Add Photo again and click Edit on the following menu. You can change video parameters like the Video Codec, Resolution, Bit Rate, Frame Rate and Aspect Ratio and audio parameters including Audio Codec, Bit rate, Sample rate and Channel.
5. If you are done setting things up, to proceed with the MP4V to MP4 conversion, click on the green Convert button in the top right area. A sidebar would emerge from the right side of the program. The box under the Save to tag is the default output directory. Click on the “…” button next to it to change it if you need. To start converting MP4V to MP4, click the Convert button at the bottom. When the conversion is finished, find the converted videos in the folder you chose previously.
That’s how to convert an MP4V video to MP4 with an MP4V converter program.
How to Convert MP4V to MP4 Online?
Using an MP4V converter program is not the only way to convert an MP4V video. There are several online video converters that can also help you convert MP4V videos. I’ll use aconvert as an example to show you how to convert MP4V to MP4 online.
By using an online MP4V converter, you won’t have to install a program on your computer and you won’t have to pay for it. But you will have to upload the MP4V video to the website every time you try to convert one. And when the conversion is done, you will have to download the video from the website again. It’s kind of troublesome if you are planning on converting a certain amount of MP4V videos. So if you are talking about massive MP4V video conversion, then I would recommend that you use Leawo Video Converter.