Messages are instant, disposable, and ready to be deleted after they’ve been read and replied. But generally, we don't always delete them. With the accumalation of phone messages, iPhone would be more likely to be out of storage and slow in performance. To release more space and improve performance for your iPhone, you could delete unwanted messages on your iPhone. How to erase iPhone messages? How to completely erase text messages from iPhone? Here I am going to show you several ways to erase messages on iPhone for potentially saving space. Check them out!
Method One: Erase iPhone Messages Using Settings App
The first method as to how to erase messages from iPhone I am talking about here is by making use of iPhone's system Settings app.
Follow these simple steps to erase messages from iPhone at once.
1. Click on "Settings" on the iPhone’s homepage > Scroll down to "Messages" and click it.
2. Under "Messages" panel, scroll down to "Message History" and click on "Keep Messages" beneath to enter a new panel where you can see three options: 30 Days, 1 Year, and Forever. If you select 30 Days, messages older than 30 days will be deleted. Message older than one year will be deleted once 1 Year is selected while nothing will be deleted if Forever is chosen. The quickest way to erase messages from iPhone is to select all older than 30 days, or all messages older than a year.
3. Confirm that you want to completely erase text messages from iPhone by clicking the "Delete" button. This won’t erase all messages, but it will substantially save you storage space.
4. I selected to Keep Messages for just 30 days, and reduced the storage space taken up by Messages to just 112MB! If you are running out of storage or iCloud space on your iPhone or iPad, give this a try. It is really a good way to erase messages from iPhone.
Method Two: Erase iPhone Messages Using Messages App
Besides, you can make use of Messages app to erase iPhone messages.
1. Click the Messages app on the iPhone home screen.
2. After entering Messages panel, click on "Edit" button at the top left corner of the interface. Click the going back button at the top left corner of the screen if there is a newly-opened conversation window.
3. User can choose the iPhone messages that needs to be erased. And click “Delete” button. It is absolutely convenient to completely erase text messages from iPhone in this way.
Method Three: Erase iPhone Messages Using Third-Party App
There are a lot of third-party apps that can help user erase messages on iPhone, such as PhoneClean, iMyfone Umate, and so on.
Here let’s take PhoneClean as an example. PhoneClean is the iOS cleaning & optimization tool that is capable of clearing unwanted files from iPhone or iPad safely. It can permanently erase messages on iPhone and make sure the deleted items cannot be recovered.
Extension: How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone with Leawo iOS Data Recovery?
By following the means mentioned above, you can erase messages from iPhone easily and save lots of space. However, what if you change your mind or erase iPhone messages by accident and want to restore deleted iPhone message?
If you want to recover deleted messages from iPhone separately, you may need a piece of third-party iPhone data recovery software. Here Leawo iOS Data Recovery is recommended to you for this software is helpful and easy-to-use. The software also enables users to backup iPhone files to computer.
Download and install Leawo iSO Data Recovery on your computer, kick off the program to enter the main interface to get ready for message recovery process.
The following instruction will show you how to recover deleted messages from iPhone.
1. Run Leawo iOS Data Recovery on your computer, and you will see three recovery modes on the main interface. There is “Recover from iOS Device”, “Recover from iTunes Backup”, and “Recover from iCloud Backup” optional.
2. Select “Recover from iOS Device”, and connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable. The software will recognize your iPhone and check it at the bottom list. Click the “Start” button in the window to let the software analyze your iPhone.
3. After the Analysis of the iPhone, the software will begin scanning the contents in the iPhone. When the scan is done, the names of the categories in the left sidebar will turn white. Choose "Messages" and then the contents will display in the right part of the window. Check the messages you need and then click the "Recover" button at the right bottom of the window.
4. The dialog of recovery settings pops up after clicking "Recover". Click "Open" in the dialog to choose a target folder on your computer and then click "Go" at the bottom right of the dialog.