If you are fed up with your Samsung and want to switch to iPhone, it is necessary for you to transfer data from Samsung to iPhone. Or, if you just want to share files from your Samsung to iPhone, and you are at a loss, then you are in the right place. Actually, transferring data from Samsung to iPhone is not a difficiult task. In this guide, we will help yousort out some useful and effective methods for your information.
- Option 1: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone Using iTunes?
- Option 2: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone Without iTunes?
- Option 3: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone Wirelessly via Move to iOS App?
- Option 4: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone via iCloud Drive?
- Option 5: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone via Cloud Server?
- Option 6: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone via Email?
Option 1: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone Using iTunes?
iTunes is developed by Apple Company, which can also be used to transfer photos from Samsung to iPhone and transfer music from Samsung to iPhone. When it comes to transfer files from Samsung to iPhone, you can apply iTunes as a Samsung Galaxy to iPhone transfer tool. As for detailed steps, please check out the following contents. Photos will be taken for instance in this part.
- Insert Samsung and iPhone into computer, and your computer will detect Samsung as one hard drive. Launch iTunes and tap on the icon of iPhone on the left sidebar. Then choose “Photos” tab on the left sidebar under the menu of “Settings > Summary”.
- Tick "Sync Photos" and "All folders" option. Then click on “Choose folder” in "Copy photos from" to move to your photos folder in Samsung storage folder on computer.
- Click on the "Apply" button at the bottom right of the window to invoke the sync procedure When the process is over, your Samsung photos will be on your iPhone in Photos app.
Before the sync process is ignited, you need to move to “Edit > Preferences >Devices”. In the panel, you need to tick “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically”.
Option 2: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone Without iTunes?
If you want to use a more professional tool to help you transfer music from Samsung to iPhone, then Leawo iTransfer will be a better choice. It enables users to manage, transfer and back up 12 kinds of files among computers, iTunes and iOS devices, including photos, videos, contacts, and more. Read on to learn detailed steps of how to transfer data and files from Samsung to iPhone without effort.
Step 1: Download and install Leawo iTransfer on your computer
Choose an appropriate version according to your computer, and click the button below to download and install this software to your computer.
Leawo iTransfer for Mac
- Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and Mac with ease.
- 6x faster than iTunes
- Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
- Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, etc.
- Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
- Support Windows & Mac OS
Step 2: Connect your Samsung and iPhone to computer
Plug Samsung Galaxy and iPhone into computer with matched USB cables. Your computer will recognize Samsung Galaxy as a hard drive. Open iTransfer and it will detect iPhone information automatically.
Step 3: Start to transfer data from Samsung to iPhone
Move to “iPhone icon > LIBRARY > Music” and then click on the “Add > Add File” or “Add > Add Folder” button to browse your computer to locate Samsung Galaxy storage folder to find the music files. Tap on “Open” and the transfer process will start. When the process terminates, your Samsung Galaxy music files will be on your iPhone.
Option 3: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone Wirelessly via Move to iOS App?
Move to iOS app is released by Apple Company. You can use it to transfer data from Samsung to iPhone, such as photos, notes, contacts and so on. This application makes it simple for Android users to switch to iPhone. In this part, you will learn how to transfer files from Samsung to iPhone with Move to iOS app.
- Download and install Move to iOS app from the Google Play Store onto your Samsung and iPhone.
- On you iPhone, launch Move to iOS app and then swipe upwards to connect to Wi-Fi.
- On your Samsung, open Move to iOS app. Afterwards, you can check the files you need to transfer to iPhone in the interface, such as “Google Account”, “Bookmarks”, “Messages”, etc. You need to make sure your Samsung is also connected to good Wi-Fi network to transfer Samsung to iPhone.
- On both your devices, click the "Continue" button and follow the on-screen instruction to transfer data from Samsung to iPhone wirelessly.
Option 4: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone via iCloud Drive?
iCloud Drive, the official cloud server developed by Apple, is also convenient for you to move data from Samsung to iPhone. Here will take photos for example to explain how to use iCloud Drive on computer and iPhone to transfer data from Samsung to iPhone.
Step 1: Log in your iCloud on computer
On computer, log into iCloud website or iCloud desktop app with the same password you are using on iPhone and check “iCloud Drive”. THen, click on “Apply” to confirm your settings.
Step 2: Upload data from Samsung to iCloud drive
Connect Samsung to computer via suitable USB cable and your computer will detect it as an external hard drive. If you are using iCloud desktop app, go to File Explorer’s Quick Access List and find iCloud Drive folder. Navigate to your Samsung storage folder on computer and copy the photos you want to export to iPhone. Then you need to paste the photos files into the iCloud Drive folder. If you are using iCloud website,
Step 3: Download uploaded data to iPhone
After that, on your iPhone, you need to run iCloud Drive app. The Samsung photos will be viewable on this software. Make sure your iPhone has been connected to good Wi-Fi network. Click on the photos and invoke the menu at the bottom of the interface. In the end, you can click on the share icon to save Samsung photos files to iPhone local folder.
Option 5: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone via Cloud Server?
Apart from iCloud, there are also many excellent third-party cloud servers to help you transfer data from Samsung to iPhone, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. Here will take Dropbox as an example. Read on for detailed steps.
Step 1: Install Dropbox app on your Samsung and set up an account.
Step 2: Open Dropbox on your Samsung and tap "+" button on the bottom right corner. Then you can choose to upload photos, videos, and files to Dropbox.
Step 3: Now you can install and run Dropbox on your iPhone. Log into the account you just created on your Samsung. Then, enter the folder where you uploaded the data from your Samsung.
Option 6: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone via Email?
You can choose Email as the Samsung Galaxy to iPhone transfer tool when you just want to transfer a few files, because email will limit the size of attachment. Here will take photos for instance to explain how to move data from Samsung to iPhone via Email.
Step 1: Open Email app on your Samsung. After that, click on the compose button at the bottom right. Then, enter another email address of yourself or touch the people icon to select a saved email address from your contacts.
Step 2: Click the 'three-dot" icon on the top right corner and choose "Attach file" to import an attachment. Then you can send it.
Step 3: On your iPhone, open the new email you receive from Samsung and download the photos to your iPhone by clicking the Share button on the bottom left corner and choosing output directory.