Disney has released many popular and classic animation movies, such as Snow White, The Frog Prince. For most movie lover, it is common to have a large collection of Disney DVD movies. Want to backup and copy them to your computer to prevent them from being scratched, and manage them in a more convenient way? However, it is never an easy task to copy Disney DVD, as most of them are protected with latest encryption technology which prevents them from being copied or ripped. To solve this problem, we need to find powerful DVD copy software that is able to decrypt Disney DVD to create Disney DVD backups, or rip Disney DVD to popular video formats.
- Part 1: About Disney DVD & Disney DVD Protection
- Part 2: Reasons to Rip Disney DVD
- Part 3: Best Software for Ripping Disney DVD
- Part 4: How to Rip Disney DVD to Digital Video?
- Part 5: How to Copy Disney DVD to Another Blank Disc for Backup?
- Extension: How to Judge Whether Your DVDs Are Protected by Disney Copy Protection Sytem
Part 1: About Disney DVD & Disney DVD Protection
Disney (Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment) is a well-known DVD releaser and publisher. The Disney DVDs have encryption encoded with new copy protection to prevent owners from copying the discs. The new copy protection is known as Disney's x-project DRM.
What is Disney X-project DRM?
DRM (Digital Rights Management) is a series of access control or copy protection technologies used by copyright holder to protect copyrighted content from unauthorized copying and against piracy.
Disney as a well-known DVD releaser and publisher, applies DRM for copy right protection. Disney copy protection is widely used by famous film publishers such as Disney, Paramount and Warner. Disney uses AACS to protect HD DVD and Blu-ray discs. Accordingly, the latest released DVD disc by Disney (as well as by Paramount and Warner) usually has 99 titles and the DVD movie size is larger than 40 GB, which makes it almost impossible to make DVD copy and backup.
Most DVD backup programs do not support decrypting Disney copy-protected DVDs. You might have met problem when dealing with the recently released DVDs. For example, your DVD backup software crashed or worked out of order. On such an occasion, it can be assumed that your DVDs are applied with Disney copy protection system Disney's x-project DRM.
Part 2: Reasons to Rip Disney DVD
There are many reasons why people would like to rip Disney DVD and remove Disney trick.
- Usually, DVD discs released by Disney are classic and precious, thus not a single Disney DVD collector wants to scratch the valued DVD discs. Ripping Disney DVD to popular video formats seems to be a good alternative to safely play back Disney DVD yet without scratching the disc.
- For those cell phone or portable devices like tablet addicts, ripping Disney DVD can allow them to easily and conveniently enjoy Disney DVD movies on their small electronic gadgets such as iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air, Android Smartphone and so on.
- Since Disney DVD discs cost a good sum of money, it is wise to make a copy for those expensive Disney DVD discs to prevent DVD data from getting lost.
It is against the law to rip copyprotected Disney DVD for commercial use even though you own the disc. It is suggested that you should consult your local law before you start to copy Disney DVD, decrypt Disney DVD and rip Disney DVD.
Part 3: Best Software for Ripping Disney DVD
Because of Disney's x-project DRM, only a few programs can decrypt Disney DVD and rip Disney DVD for backup. Among them Leawo DVD Ripper stands out and unquestionably becomes the best one, second to none of free Disney DVD Rippers. As a professional DVD ripping program, Leawo DVD Ripper has many powerful functions:
Leawo DVD Ripper has two versions available: Windows version and Mac version. Free download the right one based on your computer's operating system to experience how to rip Disney DVD from protected to unprotected videos/audios on PC/Mac.
Part 4: How to Rip Disney DVD to Digital Video?
With the help of Leawo DVD Ripper, to remove Disney trick and rip Disney DVD would become very easy. Just get it and copy Disney DVD in just a few mouse clicks. The following simple steps will show you how to copy and rip Disney DVD to digital video format with Leawo DVD Ripper.
Step 1: Import source Disney DVD
With Leawo DVD Ripper running on, click “Add Blu-ray/DVD” button on the main interface of the program to load source Disney DVD. Once your Disney DVD is selected, you can choose to import content from Full Movie, Main Movie or Custom Mode. Then, click OK button to start importing.
Step 2: Choose subtitles and audio tracks
Click the Subtitle and Audio Track drop-down menu to select a subtitle and an audio track for the output video. When converting to MKV videos, you can select multiple subtitles and audio tracks in the corresponding drop-down menus.
Step 3: Choose output format
Click the drop-down box (named “MP4 Video” by default), and choose “Change” to choose output format you prefer.
Note: If your target format is MP4, the same as the one by default, you needn’t change the output format, but if your target format is not MP4, you need to pick up the target format in the “Profile” panel.
Step 4: Adjust detailed settings
If mouse stays on the format option, there will appear an “Edit” icon for you. Click it to adjust video and audio parameters of output format, including: video codec, quality, bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, channel, audio codec, resolution, etc.
Step 5: Start to rip Disney DVD
Click the big green “Convert” button on the top-right of the interface to start to rip Disney DVD.
Part 5: How to Copy Disney DVD to Another Blank Disc for Backup?
Although digital and streaming video appear to be dominating the world, it doesn't mean that the physical copy is dead. There are many reasons that disc is still thriving in many ways, such as uncompressed bitrates, better image and audio qualiy, a more nostalgic movie-watching experience, and a better way to ensure you always have access to your favorite movies and TV shows. Therefore, you might also want to copy your Disney DVD collections to blank discs for backup. To complete this task, another module in this software will be recommended - DVD Copy. In addition to copy DVD content to another blank disc without quality loss, it can also 1:1 back up DVD to DVD folder and ISO image files with ease.
Step 1: Open DVD Copy module
Since DVD Copy is a module in Leawo Prof. Media 11, you can directly launch the module if you download this software by clicking the above button. If not, you can click the button below to download this software.
Leawo DVD Ripper
– Decrypt and rip DVD discs with disc protection and region code
– Convert DVD to MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV, and other 180+ HD/SD formats
– Convert DVD main movie to videos for space saving
– Convert 2D DVD movies to 3D movies with 6 different 3D effects
– Fast conversion with NVIDIA CUDA, AMD APP and Intel Quick Sync acceleration technologies
Step 2: Import source Disney DVD
Similar to DVD Ripper, you can click the Add Blu-ray/DVD button to import source Disney DVD from CD-ROM, folder or ISO file.
Step 3: Select content from Disney DVD to copy
DVD Copy module also provides you with 3 copy modes - Full Movie, Main Movie and Custom Mode. To copy to another blank disc, click the drop-down menu next to the size bar to choose disc type between DVD-9 and DVD-5. After content and disc type selection, you can preview the copy using the built-in player.
Step 4: Start to copy Disney DVD for backup
Click the green Copy button in the top-right corner to call out the output setting window. Make sure that there is another blank disc plugged in your computer, and you can choose it as the output directory. After renaming the disc, click the Copy button to start copying the Disney DVD.
Extension: How to Judge Whether Your DVDs Are Protected by Disney Copy Protection Sytem
Some people ask, "I have some DVD discs collection, and would like to copy and rip those DVD, but I have no idea if those DVD discs are under Disney X-project DRM protection. Is there any way to figure out?" Yes, indeed, and there is more than one way to identify whether DVD discs are under Disney DRM protection.
- The most visible way is already stated above.Disney copy protected DVDs has 99 titles and the DVD movie size is larger than 40 GB.
- Your DVD player might not function well when comes to play Disney protected DVD, which means if you insist on playing, you are required to look for another workable DVD player.
- Error message will pop up or the program will crash, if common DVD ripping software is used to copy and rip Disney protected DVD.
- The Disney copy protection will prevent the DVDs from being ripped by general DVD ripping software and the videos converted from DVD will be out of order, scrambled or get stuck in a loop.