TED talks are influential videos from experts on business, creativity, education, science, tech, and much more. For this reason, TED talks videos are very popular because people get ideas from them. However, watching a video is not always convenient, and therefore we will show you how to capture audio from TED talks videos in this guide.
Part 1: Top 5 TED talks recommended
No matter you want to know about happiness, success in business or school, marriage, or just looking to manifest your long-term goals, TED talks videos are the perfect source of inspiration you need towards living your best life. Hundreds of TED talks videos exist, but after delving through them, we believe we have come up with a list of 5 TED talks videos that we believe will bring inspiration to you. Here is the list:
1. Adam Driver: “My Journey From Marine To Actor”. Star Wars is one of the best movie franchises known to mankind. Marriage Story was one of the most popular movies in 2019. In those movies, Adam Driver is a star and we believe he did well in his roles. However, Adam used to be a marine and in this TED talk, he takes us through his incredible journey across his career and how he eventually started his non-profit organization.
2. James Veitch: “This Is What Happens When You Reply To Spam Email”. We believe that every email mailbox receives dozens of spam on a weekly or monthly basis, and nobody really bothers to reply spam unless they really have no idea. The Comedian James Veitch started communicating with a spammer for months which resulted in his TED talk, one of the funniest to date.
3. Kelly McGonigal: “How To Make Stress Your Friend”. For college students, the experience of being in college is not always smooth and it is often stressing to say the least. Visionary research psychologist Kelly McGonigal had a very popular TED talk in 2013, where she spoke about using stress to an advantage. We believe this could help college students through the challenges they face.
4. Sir Ken Robinson: “Do Schools Kill Creativity?” Sir Ken Robinson explores whether schools are properly equipped for kids and their creativity in this TED talks. As a creativity expert, he makes a case for a radical rethinking of how the next generation of leaders should be taught. This is perfect for parents and teachers.
5. Robert Waldinger: “What Makes A Good Life? Lessons From The Longest Study On Happiness”. Everyone wants to live a happy life, that is for sure. Robert Waldinger is the director of a 75-year-old Harvard University study on adult development, and his TED talks bring about ideas that make for a happy life.
Now that we have shown you the top 5 popular TED talks, we will now show you how to grab TED talks audio, so that you can listen to them instead of watching if that is convenient for you.
Part 2: How to record audio from TED talks using Leawo Music Recorder
Watching a video is not always convenient, even if it's a TED talks video. Think of situations where you are driving, or doing some housework, garden work, exercising, or pretty much any situation from which listening to audio is ideal. This brings us to Music Recorder, a professional software able to record and save audio from any audio or video source. It will work with the most popular music streaming services like Spotify, Google Play Music, Apple Music, iHeartRadio, YouTube, Tidal etc., while preserving 100% of the original quality. For people who are going to be recording a lot of music, Leawo Music Recorder comes with an ability to predict the correct music tags, which is made possible by an online music database. Competing software do not have such capabilities. You could also manually edit the music tags via the music tag editor. The application has a very simple and easy to use interface, and it also comes with a built-in task scheduler, in cases where you might forget to do the task yourself. If you want to know how to download TED talks audio on your Windows or Mac computer, follow the easy steps below.
Step 1: Run the software on your computer
First set the audio source by clicking the “Add Source” button from the bottom left corner. After that, choose “Record Computer Audio” in the Audio Settings panel since in order to record audio from a TED talks video. For other sources other than the computer, click “Record Audio Input”.
Step 2: Customize the audio output settings
Secondly, choose the output directory for saving your recorded TED talks audio under the “General” tab. On the “Format” tab, you can choose the preferred output format which includes MP3 (lower quality, but uses less storage) and WAV (higher quality, but uses more storage) audio formats.
Step 3: Lastly, start recording
When you have finished tweaking your preferred settings, the final step is recording the audio. Click the “Record” icon which is red, and podcast that is playing should start recording immediately. When you have finished recording, click the “Record” icon to stop.
Part 3: How to extract audio from TED talks using Audacity
Audacity is a free and open-source multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Audacity can be used to perform tasks that include ID3 tag editing, recording tasks, mixing stereo tracks, transferring tapes and records to computers, and more. However, some tools are inconsistent in design, and using this software is not as transparent and easy as Leawo Music Recorder, as it often requires advanced knowledge about audio. Audacity also cannot capture audio from videos secured with DRM. You will also need to install an additional plugin that opens videos. For TED talks audio download MP3, have a look at the steps below.
Step 1: Prepare the video file. Make sure that your TED talks video is not secured by DRM, otherwise, you will not be able to capture the audio.
Step 2: Install the FFmpeg plugin to open the videos, since the software can not open videos by default. When done, drag the video to the Audacity window and open it.
Step 3: Find and select the audio you want by time code. If you want to record the entire video, then select the whole excerpt to start extracting the audio.
Step 4: Normalize and export the audio. When you have selected the clip, then normalize it to increase the whole volume of the track. You have to select the level of noise (for professionals), then finally extract the audio as WAV or MP3 audio.
Part 4: How to download audio from TED talks using VLC
VLC has for a long time been one of the most popular third-party video players on desktop devices and mobile devices. It is a free and open-source player developed by Video LAN. However, VLC does not only play videos, as it can do a lot of other things. For instance, did you know that you can stream a video from YouTube directly from VLC? It can also record audio and video from anything that you are currently playing on it. It can record your desktop and webcam. It can create bookmarks and capture screenshots. It can add watermarks to video, as well as adding audio and video effects. Best of all, it supports a wide range of audio and video formats. However, DRM protected audio and video files cannot be opened by VLC, so you have to make sure that your TED talks videos are not encrypted. It also cannot save in the WAV audio format which preserves the original quality. So how can you capture and download audio from TED talks using VLC? Here are the steps:
Step 1: Launch VLC media player and have your TED talks video ready.
Step 2: Go to the ‘Media’ settings, then click Convert/ Save. When a dialogue box opens, select the TED talks video, then click the ‘Convert/Save’ button located in the lower right-hand side of the dialogue box.
Step 3: A dialogue box for Stream Output will pop-up. Click ‘Browse’ to choose the location of the video you wish to convert. When you see a .ps extension, change it to .mp3. A convert dialogue box will appear, then select MP3 from the profile drop-down menu.
Step 4: When you are done, click “Save” and the audio will begin extracting.
Here is a brief summary: Leawo Music Recorder remains the easiest way to capture audio from any video or audio source, because all you have to do is to click the record button and choose a save location. You also should not care about DRM, as this recorder can easily bypass it. Leawo Music Recorder is therefore your best bet, and we highly recommended it.