As Christmas is approaching, I receive many queries like, "Is there any way to get some Christmas songs from iTunes Store for totally free? I'm preparing some homework that needs several Christmas songs as background music, but I don't want to spend money on these songs." The Christmas holiday is upon us. What better way can you think of to celebrate than to get Christams songs from iTunes for free?
Purchasing songs from iTunes Store or other online shops would cost a big amount of money. Each song on iTunes Store would cost you about $1. If you don't want to spend money in purchasing songs from iTunes Store, this guide would be helpful.
Part 1: Basic Knowledge of Recording Christams Songs from iTunes
If you pay close attention to iTunes, you must know that iTunes has stopped providing free songs service since apple launched Apple music on June 30, 2015. iTunes fans will surely miss "Free on iTunes" graphic which used to be on the iTunes Store homepage, but now "Free on iTunes" is gone, replaced by Apple Music that costs $9.99 per month after a free three-month trial period.
Since iTunes no longer provides free songs, downloading songs from iTunes seems infeasible. If users don't want to spend extra money in purchasing Christmas songs from iTunes, they can choose to record Christmas songs from iTunes. During the free trial period, users can take advantage of a music recorder to record Christmas songs from iTunes for free without paying a single penny.
To record Christmas songs from iTunes, all you have to prepare are listed below.
- a computer installed with iTunes and a professional music recorder
- internet access: as playing Christmas songs on iTunes requires internet connection, it is necessary to have a computer with internet access
- an iTunes account that has a free three-month trial period for Apple Music
Part 2: Recommendation of a Professional Music Recorder
As is said above, to record Christmas songs from iTunes, a professional music recorder is needed. When looking for a professional music recorder, users need to pay much more attention to the following features.
Leawo Music Recorder
- Record any sound from computer stream audio and built-in input audio.
- Record music from 1000+ music sites like YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc.
- Schedule music recording via the internal recording task scheduler.
- Automatically/manually add and complete music tags like artist, album, cover, genre, etc.
- Save recorded musicfiles into either WAV or MP3 format for wide uses.
Leawo Music Recorder is an exactly professional music recorder that meets all of the features above, and you will definitely find it helpful in recording Christams songs from iTunes. You don't need to spend any extra cash on Christmas songs any more with the help of Leawo Music Recorder to get Christmas songs from iTunes for free. This professional music recorder could record Christmas songs played back in iTunes Store without quality loss and save recorded songs into local folders for future use. Actually, it could help you get any song your computer could hear without cost, like YouTube songs, iTunes Radio, AOL Music, Last.fm, etc. Follow the below steps and you will know how to get Christmas songs from iTunes for free.
Download and install this Music Recorder on your computer. (If you're using a Mac computer, you need to use Leawo Music Recorder for Mac.)
Step 1: Set audio source
Firstly, you need to set the audio source from which this music recording software need to record. Since you need to record Christmas songs in iTunes Store, launch Leawo Music Recorder, click the "Audio Source" icon on the bottom-left corner and select "Record Computer Audio" in Audio Source settings panel.
Step 2: Output settings
Set an output directory to save the recorded Christmas songs and set the song format for recorded songs. Click the inverted triangle button on the top-right corner. On the popup window, set a format (MP3 or WAV) under "Format" tab and set output directory under "General" tab.
Step 3: Start recording
Click the red start button to get ready for the recording process. Leawo Music Recorder won't start recording until sound is detected. Open and sign in iTunes, and then search and play Christmas songs you want to record. With iTunes account signed in, users can apply for a free three-month trial period for Apple Music that allows any songs to be played for free. Therefore, you can record Christmas songs for free.
Step 4: Manually editing if needed
This Music Recorder would automatically add music tags like artist, album, title, album artwork, year, genre, etc. to recorded songs. Also, it allows you to manually edit the song tags. Righ click recorded songs and selecting "Edit Music Tags" option to edit music tags.
1. A Recording Task Scheduler is built in Music Recorder to let you schedule recording upon your preset Start time and Duration. Click the "Task Scheduler" button on the bottom left corner to make use of the Task Scheduler.
2. Click the red Start button before you play back songs you want to record.
3. You can follow this guide to get songs from YouTube, iTunes Radio, Last.FM, Pandora, and other computer streaming audios for totally free.
Part 3: Tips on Properly Using Apple Music
- 1. How to apply for a free three-month trial period for Apple Music?
- Sign in itunes, go to music iTunes store, and randomly choose a song to play to invoke a pop-up panel on which you should click "Join Apple Music" button to officially have a free three-month trial period for Apple Music. Please take note that the automatic renewal of Apple Music Membership is enable by default.
- 2. How much does Apple Inc. charge Apple Music membership?
- There are two membership plans, Individual and Family(up to 6 members). Individual membership charges $9.99 per month after trial ends while Family membership charges $14.99.
- 3. How to cancel your Apple Music subscription?
- Click "Account Info", enter your password when prompted, scroll down to "Settings" section and click on "Manage" next to "Subscriptions". And then you can turn off Automatic Renewal of Apple Music Subscription.
- 4. Does Apple Music subscription end immediately if I cancel the subscription?
- No, it doesn't. You will continue to enjoy the free-trial service until the three-month due time, and the same happens to paid service; you'll still have access until your paid-for month is over.
Bonus Tips: Download Music in Apple Music from YouTube
Apart from Apple Music, YouTube is anohter go-to choice when you are looking for music source. It is quite popular for users to use YouTube to listen to their favorite music, for YouTube platform is full of various genres of songs and music videos. The songs on this website are updated daily, so you can listen to the latest music here. If there is no proper source in the Apple Music, you can take your chance at YouTube. Here we'll introduce how to download a whole YouTube music playlist with the best one – CleverGet Video Downloader.
△ Step 1. Launch CleverGet Video Downloader
CleverGet Video Downloader is a module of CleverGet. Free download and install CleverGet on your computer.
CleverGet Video Downloader
- Download Video & Music from 1000+ Sites
- Download Live Stream Videos from YouTube Live and Others
- Up to 8K UHD Video Downloading with 320 kbps Audio Quality
- Smarter Downloading Settings
- 1-Click to Play Downloaded Videos
- Provide Precise Video Info
△ Step 2. Set Output Directory
Click on the Settings icon to enter the setting panel and set the output directory.
△ Step 3. Locate YouTube Music
Click on the YouTube icon to enter the YouTube downloader and find the music you want to download. Or you can locate the YouTube music playlist and copy the link.
△ Step 4. Add Source link
Paste the link to the address bar. The YouTube music playlist will be detected directly once you enter the link.
△ Step 5. Download YouTube Music
Choose preferred quality and format. Click on the "Download" button to download the playlist.