Convert iPhone Video to DVD Disc on Mac and Windows
"What should I do to burn iPhone videos to DVD disc? These videos were shot with my iPhone on an important meeting. Now I need to burn iPhone videos to DVD disc as a physical backup for future using. What kind of DVD burning software should I use and how to do convert iPhone video to DVD disc? Thanks"
Shooting videos with iPhone is a wonderful choice. You may have recorded some interesting videos with your iPhone and want to watch iPhone videos on TV via your DVD player. Or you may need to burn videos from iPhone to DVD disc for convenient sharing. Therefore, you need an effective solution that could help you convert iPhone video to DVD disc. This guide offers exactly what you need.
No matter what you’re going to do for burning iPhone videos to DVD disc on Mac or Windows PC, you must be assisted by some tools, including hardware and software. The below things should be well prepared before you try to convert iPhone video to DVD disc on Mac or Windows.
#1. iPhone Transfer App
All Apple iPhone users know that iTunes only allows people to transfer data and files from iTunes or computer to iOS devices like iPhone, iPad and iPod. You could get multiple ways to import photos from iPhone to computer, but for copyright protection or other reasons, Apple has made it difficult to transfer videos from iPhone or iPad to computer. To transfer videos from iPhone to computer, you need to use 3rd-party iPhone transfer app, just like Leawo’s iTransfer, a powerful iPad, iPod and iPhone transfer program that makes data and file transfer among iOS devices, iTunes and PC incredibly easy. With this iTransfer, you could freely and easily transfer videos from iPhone to computer and then burn iPhone videos to DVD with professional DVD burning software.
#2. iPhone Video to DVD Converter
Without doubt, to convert iPhone video to DVD disc on Mac/Windows, you need a DVD burner program that helps you convert and burn videos from iPhone to DVD disc. Windows users could get more DVD burning tools, like Windows DVD Maker, DVDStyler, DVD Flick, etc. Mac users could make use of iDVD to burn iPhone video to DVD disc on Mac. The highly recommended tool for both Mac and Windows users is DVD Creator, a professional video to DVD converter program that could convert and burn any video to DVD disc, folder or/and ISO image file, available in both Mac and Windows versions.
#3. Hardware DVD Burner and Blank DVD Disc
If you want to burn iPhone video to DVD disc, hardware DVD burner and blank writable DVD disc should be prepared. Hardware DVD burner (aka DVD recorder drive) would allow you to write iPhone video files onto the blank DVD disc you’ve inserted into the DVD recorder drive. Blank DVD disc could be DVD-9/DVD-5 disc (DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW or DVD+RW), either single layer or dual layer according to your preference and source iPhone video storage size.
Part 2: Transfer Video from iPhone to Computer
As mentioned above, to convert iPhone video to DVD disc, you need firstly transfer video from iPhone to computer hard drive and then make use of DVD burner to carry out the burning task. This iPhone transfer app could not only transfer video from iPhone to computer, but also other data and files like text, image, music, apps, etc. It could transfer data and files between iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod), iTunes and computer easily.
1. Start Leawo iTransfer and connect iPhone to computer with data cable. Under the iPhone device, open the "Movies" tab.
2. Choose the videos you want to transfer to computer and then right click to select "Transfer to > My Computer". After that click the the bottom "Go" button.
3. Set “Save to Folder” by clicking “Change” button to select a desired directory to save the exported videos on your computer.
Part 3: Burn iPhone Video to DVD
After transferring video from iPhone to computer, what you need to do next is make use of iPhone video to DVD burning software to convert and burn iPhone video to DVD disc on Mac or Windows computer.
Leawo Video to DVD Converter is an all-in-one DVD authoring and DVD burning software tool that could help you convert and burn videos to blank DVD disc without quality loss. It could burn videos in WMV, MP4, MKV, MOV, VOB, AVI, FLV, etc. to DVD disc, folder, or ISO files. No matter your videos are recorded with iPhone or camcorder, this DVD Burner could help you easily finish video to DVD burning task in a few clicks. It even allows you to select your own image and music as background.
Why Choose Leawo DVD Creator
1. Convert and burn any video (up to 180 formats like M4V, MP4, AVI, FLV, etc.) to DVD disc, folder and/or ISO image file.
2. Edit source M4V files like adding signature, changing video effect, rotating videos, adding 3D effect, etc.
3. Add disc menu and edit disc menu by adding background music/image/video, changing title position, text color, font, etc. .
4. Plenty of disc burning settings like TV standard, burning to folder/ISO/disc, burning engine, etc.
How to Convert M4V to DVD with Leawo DVD Creator
Before you start to burn iPhone videos to DVD disc, you need to donwload and install Leawo DVD Creator on your computer, get iPhone videos ready (you’ve transferred from iPhone to your computer), insert blank writable DVD disc into the DVD recorder drive. With all these things done, you could start Leawo DVD Creator and then follow the below steps to learn how to convert iPhone videos to DVD disc.
1. Click the "Add Video" buttun to browse and add iPhone videos (from the folder you transfered from iPhone via iTransfer) into this DVD Creator. Set disc type (according to the disc inserted to the drive), quality and aspect ration at the bottom.
2. Select a disc menu template on the right sidebar to add a disc menu to the output DVD disc. Click its center to preview menu and edit disc menu via menu designer. (Click "No Menu" if you don’t want.)
3. Click the big green "Burn" button to set Burn to (allowing multiple choices), Disc Label and Save to options. Click the wheel icon on the top-right corner and then open "Burn" tab to select DVD Video mode.
4. Finally, click the bottom "Burn" button on the popup sidebar to start converting iPhone video to DVD disc within this DVD Creator.
To burn iPhone videos to DVD disc, insert DVD disc into the drive, select DVD recorder drive option as output target under the "Burn to" option.
DVD video mode region: NTSC TV mode is used in the United States of American and Canada, while PAL is used in Australia, part of Asia, and some European countries.
If you’re using a Mac computer, please download and install Leawo’s DVD Creator for Mac to convert and burn iPhone videos to DVD on Mac.
After burning iPhone video to DVD disc, you could then insert burned DVD disc into DVD player to watch iPhone videos on TV freely.