Safari is a powerful and useful tool on iPhone. When we browse or consult something such as news, professional knowledge or something else on Safari, we can get the information that we need on iPhone easily and quickly. Safari cache and history store information about the sites we have visited. Whether they are cookies, logins or website data, Safari keeps all of them in order to help us access these data easily if we need them again. However, the cache and cookies also takes up the memory of iPhone. If you find your iPhone performance has been slowed down, or if you want to protect your privacy, this tutorial will introduce some effective ways to clear safari cache and history on iPhone. If you want to clear all junk files on iPhone, see: How to Clean Junk Files on iPhone?
Part 1: How to Back Up iPhone Before Clear Safari Cache & History?
Clearing Safari cache and history on iPhone would remove some visiting information away. In order to avoid data being lost, you'd better back up your iPhone before you clear Safari cache and history on iPhone. Then, how to back up your iPhone? Although iTunes and iCloud are Apple's official tools to back up and manage iPhone data, there are many limitations and defects to back up iPhone with iTunes or iCloud. For example, you can only create a whole backup of your iPhone, which is inconvenient if you only want to back up a part of iPhone. Actually, apart from iTunes and iCloud, there are many alternatives to back up iPhone. Among all third-party software, Leawo iTransfer can be regarded as the best. This software can help users transfer and back up various kinds of files like videos, photos, bookmarks, etc. between iOS devices, computer and iTunes. The following guidance will show you how to back up bookmarks on iPhone to computer.
Step 1: Download Leawo iTransfer
Download and install Leawo iTransfer on your computer.
- Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
- 6x faster than iTunes
- Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
- Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, etc.
- Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
- Support Windows & Mac OS
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to computer
Connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable. This software will automatically scan your device and show all types of categories that are available on your iPhone in the left sidebar.
Step 3: Choose bookmarks to back up
In the left sidebar, click iPhone > LIBRARY > Bookmarks, and a list of bookmarks on your iPhone will be displayed in the right panel. Choose bookmarks you would like to back up and click Save button to save them on computer.
Part 2: How to Clear Safari Cache on iPhone?
Abundant cache and cookies on your iPhone would greatly influence the performance of your iPhone. Therefore, in order to improve the browsing experience of Safari on iPhone, it is necessary to clear Safari cache and cookies regularly. Below are the detailed steps.
- Step 1:Open Settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2:Scroll down and find Safari option. Tap it.
- Step 3:In the secondary menu, tap Clear History and Website Data option. Then, in the pop-up window, tap Clear History and Data to clear cache and history on your iPhone.
Part 3: How to Clear Safari History on iPhone?
Alternatively, if you want to protect your privacy, you can also clear the Safari history list on iPhone. Generally, Safari will keep track of the sites you visit in History list. To clear Safari history on iPhone, you can follow the steps below.
- Step 1:Open Safari app on your iPhone.
- Step 2:Tap the bookmarks icon in the bottom toolbar.
- Step 3:Then, tap the clock icon in the top-right corner.
- Step 4:If you want to clear all Safari history, tap Clear button in the bottom-right corner. Then, in the pop-up window, you can select to clear Safari history on iPhone among All time, Today and yesterday, Today, or The last hour.
- Step 5:Or, if you want to clear Safari history selectively, swipe from right to left on a single history, then click Delete button.
Part 4: How to Clear Safari Cookies But Keep History on iPhone?
On the contrary, if you only want to clear Safari cache and cookies on iPhone to free up iPhone storage and improve the iPhone performance, and keep history on Safari, there is also a path to make it. Follow the steps below to clear Safari cache and cookies on iPhone but keep history.
- Step 1:Go to Settings app on your iPhone. Scroll down and tap Safari.
- Step 2:Tap Advanced > Website Data.
- Step 3:In the Website Data list, if you want to clear specific cookies, simply swipe left on a single website, and tap Delete button. Or, you can scroll down to the bottom and tap Remove All Website Data > Remove Now if you want to clear all Safari cache but keep history on iPhone.
Part 5: How to Block Safari Cookies on iPhone?
In addition to improve the browsing speed, Safari cache and cookies will also track our behaviors and personal preferences, which plays an important role in online content marketing. Safari usually accepts cookies and website data by default. But if you prefer to protect personal privacy, you can also choose to block Safari cookies on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings app on your iPhone. Scroll down and tap Safari.
- Tap Block Cookies under PRIVACY & SECURITY, and tap Always.
Alternatively, you can use Private Browsing Mode on Safari. In this mode, there will be no cache and browsing history created after you browse the internet, including search history and auto-fill information. To turn on Private Browsing mode on your iPhone, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to Safari app on your iPhone.
- Tap the double-square icon in the bottom-right corner, and tap Private in the bottom-left corner.
- Then, tap the plus icon in the bottom to open a new page in Private mode.