“Do you know how to unlock Panasonic DVD player? I just purchased some DVD discs to play with my Panasonic DVD player but only to find that these DVD discs were not in the same region code as that of my Panasonic DVD player. I couldn’t play these region coded DVD discs on my Panasonic DVD player. What should I do? Should I directly unlock Panasonic DVD player or just drop these DVD discs? Please help me with this. Any advice is highly appreciated.”
Panasonic DVD player has been a wonderful choice for home movie night due to its excellent performance in delivering high quality images and audios. However, many Panasonic DVD player owners have reported issues about region restrictions. Actually, this happens on not only Panasonic DVD players. DVD players and DVD discs have been classified into different regions coded from 0 to 6. You have to make sure your DVD discs are in accordance with that of your DVD player for smooth and fluent playback. Otherwise, you will have to either bypass DVD disc region restrictions or unlock DVD player region restrictions to solve the DVD player region code error. This happens to all DVD players and DVD discs, except those region-free DVD players and DVD discs.
Well, if you have come across this problem and therefore come to this page for a solution, you will get satisfied answers here. We here will show you different effective solutions to help you play back DVD discs on Panasonic DVD player or your computer freely and easily.
Part 1: How to Unlock Panasonic DVD Player?
A Panasonic DVD player allows you to enjoy movies from your DVD library as well as rented or borrowed films. Many Panasonic players come with a ratings feature. This allows parents to lock a DVD and prevent inappropriate viewing. The DVDs are locked by assigning a rating from 0 to 7. Any DVD that is inserted into the player that has a rating within this range will require a password for viewing. You can unlock the DVD by entering the four-digit password. If you forgot your password, you can unlock the DVD by resetting the unit.
You could follow the below solutions to try to unlock Panasonic DVD players for unlimited DVD disc playback:
- Turn DVD player ON without a disc in the tray
- “No Disc” should appear on the screen
- Press “Pause” using the remote control
- On the remote control press 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 9
- The screen will now show a prompt for a new code
- Press “0” for universal code
- Press “Pause” again
- “No Disc” should appear on the screen
- DVD will now be region free
Or, if the above solution doesn’t work, you could try the below steps:
- Power on the player with no disk in
- Point the remote control at the player
- Press the remote buttons one at a time in order 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
- The player will reset itself
- DVD will now be region free
Additionally, if your DVD discs are rated and locked by your parents and they have forgotten the passcode, you could also try to unlock the DVD by resetting the unit. You then need to follow the below steps:
- Turn on your Panasonic DVD player.
- Insert a "locked" DVD. This is a DVD that you have assigned a rating to that is between 0 and 7. You will see the password screen appear after inserting the locked DVD.
- Enter your four-digit password using the number buttons on the Panasonic remote. Press "Enter" on the remote.
- Reset the unit. If you have forgotten your four-digit ratings password, you can reset the unit to gain access. Make sure the player is stopped. Press and hold the remote's buttons that correspond to the following: rewind, pause and eject. Hold the buttons until the "Initialized" message disappears from the television screen.
- Turn the Panasonic DVD player off and then on again. All settings will return to their default values, and DVDs will be unlocked.
With all the above-mentioned solutions, your DVD players should have been unlocked, or your DVD discs have been unlocked for smooth playback. If still not, there are some other solutions available for you. You could make your DVD content region free by converting DVD movie files to digital videos, get a region-free DVD copy of your DVD disc, or turn to a computer DVD software player to play back DVD discs on computer.
Part 2: Make DVD Region Free with Leawo DVD Ripper
Leawo DVD Ripper is a professional DVD ripping and converting program that could help you decrypt and remove the DVD region restrictions, rip and convert DVD to video, and extract audio off DVD to save in 200+ file formats like MP4, AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, MKV, MP3, AAC, etc. for various uses. You could easily rip and convert DVD movies from disc, folder and ISO image file, released by various movie studios for various regions. By converting DVD movies to digital video files, Leawo DVD Ripper helps you successfully remove the region code restriction upon your DVD discs to make your DVD discs region free playable on nearly all DVD players.
Download Leawo DVD Ripper and install it on your computer before you follow the below steps to learn how to make DVD region free for Panasonic DVD players. Leawo offers both DVD Ripper for Windows and DVD Ripper for Mac for you to download and install.
☉ Convert DVD to video/audio files like MKV, MP4, AVI, FLV, RMVB, etc
☉ Convert DVD to iPad, iPhone, Android devices
☉ Edit DVD video files with built-in video editor
☉ Add 3D effect with built-in 3D movie creator
☉ Selectable subtitles and audio tracks from source DVD movies for output videos
Note: Leawo DVD Ripper has been built into Leawo Prof. Media as a module.
Step 1: Add source DVD movie
Launch Leawo Prof. Media and then open the “Convert” module to enter the “Convert” module. Then, click “Add Blu-ray/DVD” button to click “Add from CD-ROM”, “Add from folder” or “Add iso file” option for adding source DVD movie. To make DVD disc region free, insert source DVD disc into the computer DVD drive and select “Add from CD-ROM” option to browse it as source.
- 1. You get 3 different DVD converting modes within Leawo DVD Ripper after you load source DVD movies. Full Movie mode enables you to load all content in source DVD for converting, while Main Movie mode enables you to select one title for loading and converting. In Custom Mode, you will be able to select multiple titles for loading and converting. Choose one according to your needs.
- 2. Leawo DVD Ripper enables you to freely select which title(s) for loading and converting. Also, you could even edit selected DVD title to get desired video clips converted only, add watermark, apply 3D effect, etc.
Step 2: Choose AVI as output format
Click the drop-down box (named “MP4 Video” by default) right before the big green “Convert” button on the sub-menu bar, and choose “Change” to choose output format. Since Panasonic DVD players only accept digital videos in AVI file format from flash drive, ou need to choose AVI Video from “Format > Common Video” group.
Step 3: Adjust output video parameters
After setting output format, open the drop-down button right before the big green “Convert” again and then choose “Edit” option to enter the “Profile Settings” panel, where you could adjust video and audio parameters of output format, including: video codec, quality, bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, channel, audio codec, resolution, etc. Change these parameters according to Panasonic DVD player media specifications.
Step 4: Set output directory
After setting output format and adjusting the parameters, click the big green “Convert” button on the sub-menu bar and then set output directory in the “Save to” box. You could then view the entire required storage here.
Step 5: Start converting DVD for Panasonic DVD player
After that, click the bottom “Convert” button to start converting DVD movies to AVI video files for Panasonic DVD player.
When the conversion completes, you need to import the converted DVD movies (now in AVI file format) to your flash drive for inserting to Panasonic DVD player for playback. It’s quite easy.
Part 3: Try Best DVD Region Free Player - Leawo Blu-ray Player
Panasonic DVD player actually only plays DVD discs. But sometimes you get DVD movie folder or even ISO image file. In such case, besides converting DVD folder/ISO image file to video for Panasonic DVD player, you could actually directly play back these DVD movie folder and ISO image file on computer with professional DVD player software that could play DVD movie folder and ISO image file. Leawo Free Blu-ray Player is exactly the DVD region-free player software for your computer.
As a multi-functional and totally free media player software tool, Leawo Free Blu-ray Player actually enables you to far more than simple Blu-ray media file playback. With it, you could do the following things:
- Play back Blu-ray/DVD discs as region-free Blu-ray player, regardless of disc region restrictions and disc protections.
- Play back Blu-ray/DVD folders and ISO image files freely.
- Play back videos in up to 4K video resolution in nearly all file formats without quality loss.
- Play back audio files in various formats.
- Deliver superb video quality and audio effect. Even support Dolby, DTS, AAC, TrueHD, DTS-HD (including 5.1, 7.1 channels), etc. output.
- Play back multi-angle Blu-ray and DVD discs in your desired angle.
- Enable you to freely change video aspect ratio from zoom, stretch 2:3, wide zoom, stretch 16:9, and original, or even custom aspect ratio.
Besides these wonderful free playback features, Leawo Blu-ray Player even helps you rip and convert Blu-ray discs to lossless MKV files. But this lossless Blu-ray to MKV converter built in Leawo Free Blu-ray Player is a paid feature.
Part 4: Conclusion
You could try all the above solutions to see if your Panasonic DVD player could freely play back the DVD movies, or you could freely enjoy your DVD discs on your computer. No matter which solution you take, the problem should be well solved, though not 100% guaranteed. You are able to play and watch any DVD movies without being bothered by region restrictions any more.