With Blu-ray becoming more and more popular, many people have turned to Blu-ray players for home theatre system. Among all the Blu-ray player options, Samsung Blu-ray players have been widely accepted and highly praised for outstanding performance. However, the more popular Samsung Blu-ray players have been, the more problems of Samsung Blu-ray player have been reported. If you have a Samsung Blu-ray player and something wrong happened to it, this guide would be useful for you since we will show you some Samsung Blu-ray player common issues and solutions.
Part 1. Samsung Blu-ray Player Common Issues
Firstly, let’s take a view of the common issues of Samsung Blu-ray players. Here we have collected some of the most common issues for you:
- Samsung Blu-ray player is not responding.
- Samsung Blu-Ray player Stopped Working.
- Samsung Blu-ray player keeps turning off and on.
- Samsung Blu-ray player is rebooting in a loop.
- Samsung Blu-ray player is bricked.
- Samsung Blu-ray player gets stuck on load.
- Samsung Blu-ray player keeps ejecting.
- Samsung Blu-ray player not turning on.
- Samsung Blu-ray player buttons not working.
These are the most common issues Samsung Blu-ray players might happen. With these issues listed, we would like to show you how to fix Samsung Blu-ray player common issues below.
Part 2. Samsung Blu-ray Player Troubleshooting
With these issues listed above, here we would like to show you how to troubleshoot these common issues of Samsung Blu-ray players. You could refer to the below content.
There are really only a couple of reasons for the picture being frozen, the Blu-ray player not responding, the Blu-ray player stopped working, or Samsung Blu-ray player is rebooting in a loop. Either there is something wrong with the disc, or the Blu-ray player needs firmware update. It really is that straightforward.
There are quite a few basic solutions to help you troubleshoot the issues of Samsung Blu-ray player, including:
- Try to remove and re-insert the Blu-ray/DVD disc into the Blu-ray recorder drive for playback.
- Reset the Blu-ray player to factory format. Attempt a power reset by pressing and holding the Fast Forward button for more than 5 seconds. All of the player's settings will be reset to their factory settings. If the power does not turn off, unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet for one minute, and then plug the cord back in.
- Carry out a firmware update: For Blu-ray players that are already connected to the internet, navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update, and then select Update Now > OK. You can also update the Blu-ray players firmware via USB.
- Verify the player's hardware integrity: Make sure the Blu-ray/DVD discs are not scratched. Common playback issues are often causes by scratches or smudges on the side of the DVD/Blu-ray that the Samsung player tries to read. Use a soft cloth to remove any smudges and re-insert the disk to attempt playback again. Unplug all connector cables between the Samsung Blu-r player and your television set. Color issues and problems with the display is often causes by a connector cable that is not securely inserted into your television. Insert the cables back into their appropriate plugs, checking that each cable is securely and firmly plugged in.
The above are the common solutions for you to troubleshoot the Samsung Blu-ray player issues. Of course, you could also get other solutions like turning to the Samsung customer service for their official suggestions and solutions.
The below solution is a way concluded by a Samsung Blu-ray player user, who has shared his solutions on a forum. You could check them below to check if it will work for you:
1.) Turn on the Blu-ray, your TV and the cable box if you have one
2.) As it does it's on and off on and off tricks, press the "load DVD" button (above the #2 button ) on the remote
3.) Put any DVD in and press close
4.) When the DVD begins playing, press the Function TV source button. (Top Right Button)
5.) Press source button to HDMI 1 or, whatever HDMI setting you're on.
Just try the above solutions. If you still find them not working for you, we would like to show you the ultimate solution for troubleshooting Samsung Blu-ray player issues. That’s to rip and convert DVD/Blu-ray movies to regular video files and then play these converted Blu-ray/DVD movies on Samsung Blu-ray player or other devices through USB drive.
Part 3: Rip and Convert DVD/Blu-ray for Samsung Blu-ray Player for Playback - Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
As mentioned above, if you have tried all the solutions but found no effective one, try to rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD movies for Samsung Blu-ray players or other devices. In such case, you only need to get a professional Blu-ray converter tool. Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is exactly the Blu-ray ripping software tool you could ever get to rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD movies for Samsung Blu-ray players. As a professional Blu-ray ripper tool, Leawo Blu-ray Ripper could decrypt, rip and convert Blu-ray to MP4, Blu-ray to FLV, Blu-ray to MKV, Blu-ray to WMV, Blu-ray to MOV, etc. You could also extract audio off Blu-ray movies to save in various formats like MP3, AAC, FLAC, M4A, etc. You could even edit Blu-ray/DVD movies to get your Blu-ray/DVD movies trimmed, cropped, create 3D videos, merge Blu-ray/DVD movie files, etc. With 3 different content loading modes available, you could convert full Blu-ray/DVD movie, movie-only Blu-ray/DVD title, or other titles as you like.
What makes Leawo Blu-ray Ripper the best Blu-ray to Samsung video converter is that it comes with professional and advanced disc decryption and region restriction removal feature, which helps you decrypt, rip and convert Blu-ray content with AACS, BD+ and the latest MKB protection, and get rid of the disc region code restrictions for converting. It could also handle CSS-DVD discs for converting.
Free download and install Leawo Blu-ray Ripper. It could work on Windows OS XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. If you want to rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD discs, you need to install Blu-ray drive and make your computer well connected to the Internet as it requires little network traffic to decrypt Blu-ray/DVD disc. Mac users should download the Mac version, namely Leawo Blu-ray Ripper for Mac.
☉ Decrypt and rip Blu-ray/DVD discs with disc protection and region code
☉ Convert Blu-ray/DVD to MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV, and other 180+ HD/SD formats
☉ Convert Blu-ray/DVD main movie to videos for space saving
☉ Convert 2D Blu-ray/DVD movies to 3D movies with 6 different 3D effects
☉ Fast conversion with NVIDIA CUDA, AMD APP and Intel Quick Sync acceleration technologies
- Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is a module built in Leawo Prof. Media.
Step 1: Kick off Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
Launch Leawo Prof. Media and then click “Convert” button on the sub-menu or “Blu-ray/DVD Ripper” button in the middle to enter the “Blu-ray Ripper” module.
Step 2: Add source Blu-ray files
Under the “Convert” module, click on “Add Blu-ray/DVD” to add Blu-ray/DVD disc, folder or ISO image file as you need. To convert Blu-ray/DVD disc, choose “Add from CD-ROM” option to browse and load Blu-ray/DVD disc from the Blu-ray/DVD recorder drive.
- Leawo Blu-ray Ripper offers 3 options to load source Blu-ray movie: Full Movie, Main Movie and Custom Mode. Full Movie allows you to import all titles, and Main Movie only imports the longest title by default but allows you to switch, while under Custom Mode you could freely choose any title(s) for loading. Choose the one according to your needs and load source Blu-ray movies.
- You could play back loaded Blu-ray movie files, select subtitles and audio tracks, edit loaded Blu-ray movie file, etc.
Step 3: Set output format
Hit the button next to the “Add Photo” button and then click “Change” option on the drop-down panel to enter the “Profile” window. Choose output format from “Format” or “Device” group according to your devices and players. You could even use the internal browser to quickly get target video profile as output format.
You could adjust the output video codec and other parameters like video bit rate, aspect ratio, resolution, audio codec, sample rate, audio bit rate, audio channel, etc. To do these, just click the “Edit” option on the drop-down panel next to the “Add Photo” button. Change these parameters according to your needs.
Step 4: Set output directory and start converting
On the main interface, hit the green button of “Convert” and then click the “Save to” option to set a directory to save output video file. After that, hit the “Convert” button at the bottom to start converting Blu-ray/DVD discs.
When the conversion completes, you could then freely play back the converted Blu-ray/DVD movies on any media player or device you have. Actually, with Leawo Blu-ray Ripper, you could not only rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD discs, but also Blu-ray/DVD movie folder and ISO image files. You could easily use Leawo Blu-ray Ripper to rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD ISO movie file to MP4 or other video files in various formats for various uses.