“Hi all. For a while now I have been using Handbrake to rip DVDs with my computer, but recently I have run into issues with some of these newer DVDs. I purchased the Insanity workout DVDs from beachbody.com and I want to rip them to a digital format so that I can play them on my tablet. However, Handbrake won’t read these DVDs at all. There comes up notes saying "the disc is encrypted or is a bad copy" or something similar. When scanned by another application, the DVD shows to have 99 tracks, and many of them are about 40 minutes long, which is the length of this 1 DVD I am trying to rip. However, after ripping the track suggested by this program, or several of the other 40 minute tracks, the video comes up out of order: meaning that when I play it, it acts like it is skipping around to scenes that were patched into the video out of order. Has anyone successfully ripped DVDs of Insanity Workout? If so, can you suggest a Insanity Workout DVD ripper tool?”
This page should be where you stop your feet if you are trying to get a solution on how to rip Insanity Workout DVD discs. Here we would like to help you figure out how to rip Insanity Workout DVD discs and convert them to regular videos for playback on mobile devices freely, therefore you could freely watch Insanity Workout programs on any portable devices on the go.
Part 1: Introduction to Insanity® Workout DVD
As the name suggests, any program that calls itself Insanity and gets popular is going to be the top. Insanity Workout is one of the most challenging fitness programs on the market. Insanity is a total body workout that requires no gym or equipment. You exercise right at home, using your own body weight for resistance. The program is based on a fitness method called "max interval training." In traditional interval training, you exercise at a very intense pace for a short period of time, and then rest for longer periods in between. The idea is to increase your aerobic fitness level while burning fat.
This 60-day program involves seriously intense interval training—or what’s dubbed, "max interval training". In most HIIT workouts, you crank out 30 to 45 seconds of effort, followed by a similar rest period. But with this program, you bust a move for a full three to five minutes, yet you still only get a few seconds to recover in between exercises.
There are 10 workouts in the Insanity program. Each routine takes between 30 and 60 minutes to complete, and you do them a grueling 6 days a week. Over the 60-day program, you change your workout schedule on a weekly basis.
Here is the main list of the Insanity Workout DVD:
- Fit Test: Insanity DVD workout helps you guage progress over the weeks to see how much you are improving.
- Plyometric Cardio Circuit: Mainly for leg and glute building.
- Cardiovascular Abs: Core work for ultra develop abs.
- Cardio Power & Resistance: Arm, chest, shoulder and back sculpting and toning.
- Cardio Recovery: Recovery session that is done weekly.
- Pure Cardio: Max Interval Training for all-out fat burn.
- Max Interval Circuit: This is the toughest of the Insanity interval workouts.
- Max Interval Sports Training: Expect your legs to get seriously burnt-out with this leg-punishing routine.
- Max Cardio Conditioning: The extreme max interval cardio workout to help burn more fat.
- Max Recovery: This is the extended version of the Cardio Recovery DVD.
- Core Cardio & Balance: It is a bonus for Insanity workout DVD packed with sports drills.
This is an extreme fitness program that requires you to work out at a very high intensity level with little rest in between. Even if you’re already in good shape, it might be hard for you to keep up when you first get started.
However, it should be noted that not all people are suitable for Insanity Workout programs. These are really tough workouts, so they’re not for the faint of heart. (Seriously though: If you have a heart problem or any other medical condition, see a doctor for the okay first.) And if you’re totally new to fitness, you may want to proceed with caution, too.
Part 2: Why You Need to Rip Insanity Workout DVD?
There are various reasons for you to rip Insanity Workout DVD discs and convert to videos. The below might be the most common ones:
- Need of flexible and portable exercise: Currently, if you get an Insanity Workout DVD disc, you have to get a DVD player or a computer that has workable DVD drive to play back Insanity Workout DVD discs. However, in our daily life, it’s really inconvenient or even impossible for us to carry a DVD player with us. We much prefer to portable devices and players like smartphones, tablets, video player, etc. Playing Insanity Workout DVD content on these portable devices would be more convenient for us.
- Insanity Workout DVD discs are fragile: Purchasing an Insanity Workout DVD disc might be quite expensive. But the DVD discs are easy to get scratched or even broken. Therefore, for easier and safer use, it’s better to make a DVD backup of your Insanity Workout DVD discs. Ripping Insanity Workout DVD discs and converting them to videos is one of the DVD backup solutions.
- You could share Insanity Workout programs with others: By ripping and converting Insanity Workout DVD discs to videos, you could then share your Insanity Workout programs with your friends, family members or others.
Of course, there are still other causes for you to rip Insanity Workout DVD discs. No matter what your purpose is, you need a DVD ripper tool to help you rip and convert Insanity Workout DVD discs. Below are 2 wonderful choices for you.
Part 3: Rip Insanity Workout DVD with Handbrake
The very first Insanity Workout DVD ripper tool we would like to recommend to you is Handbrake. As know to all, HandBrake is an open-source video transcoder available for Linux, Mac, and Windows. HandBrake works with most common video files and formats, including ones created by consumer and professional video cameras, mobile devices such as phones and tablets, game and computer screen recordings, and DVD and Blu-ray discs. However, you need to know that HandBrake alone doesn’t rip encrypted DVD discs. If your Insanity Workout DVD discs are encrypted, you have to install libdvdcss as a decrypting assistant to HandBrake for ripping encrypted Insanity Workout DVDs.
The below steps would tell you how to rip Insanity Workout DVDs with Handbrake.
- Download and install Handbrake. Install libdvdcss as well if your Insanity Workout DVDs are encrypted.
- Insert the DVD disc into the drive.
- Launch HandBrake and then click the “Source” button to load Insanity Workout DVD disc from the disc drive.
- After it scans your DVD disc, head to the “Title” drop-down menu in the upper left hand corner of the window.
- Click the “Browse” button on the right side of the window to set output directory.
- Next, head to the bar on the right labeled “Presets”. This is where you’ll choose what format the resulting file will be in. If you just want to watch it on your computer, the “Normal” or “High Profile” preset is fine. If you want to watch it on something like your iPod or iPhone, though, pick the correct preset from the list.
- Hit the “Start” button at the top to start ripping Insanity Workout DVD discs to videos.
HandBrake would then start to rip Insanity Workout DVDs. You only need to wait for the conversion to complete. After converting, you will get Insanity Workout DVDs into MP4 videos. You could then freely transfer the converted Insanity Workout DVDs to any portable media players or devices as you like.
Part 4: How to Rip Insanity Workout DVD with Leawo DVD Ripper?
HandBrake could help you easily rip Insanity Workout DVDs. However, it has to get libdvdcss assistant for ripping encrypted DVDs and only outputs MP4 videos. What can you do if you want to rip encrypted Insanity Workout DVDs to WMV files for Windows phones? Don’t worry. Leawo DVD Ripper could help you.
Leawo DVD Ripper is a professional DVD ripping software tool that could decrypt, rip and convert DVD movies to videos in various formats. It could convert DVD movies to MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, etc. for various devices like iOS devices, Android devices, Microsoft Windows devices, etc. Besides converting DVD movies, it could even edit DVD movies, apply 3D movie effects, merge DVD files into one, play back DVD discs, etc.
The below steps would show you how to rip and convert Insanity Workout DVDs to videos in various formats with Leawo DVD Ripper. Firstly, download and install it on your computer.
Note: Leawo DVD Ripper is a built-in module of Leawo Prof. Media.
Step 1: Add source DVD file
Launch Leawo Prof. Media and then open the “Convert” module to enter the “Convert” module. Then, click “Add Blu-ray/DVD” button to add either disc from disc drive or DVD movie from folder. You could also click the “Add iso file” to add DVD ISO image file.
Note: 3 different DVD content loading modes are available. Full Movie mode enables you to load all content in source DVD for converting, while Main Movie mode enables you to select one title for loading and converting. In Custom Mode, you will be able to select multiple titles for loading and converting. Choose any one according to your needs.
Step 2: Set output format
Click the drop-down box (named “MP4 Video” by default) right before the big green “Convert” button on the sub-menu bar, and choose “Change” to choose output format. Choose output format from the “Format > Common Video” group or “Format > Device” group according to your needs.
Step 3: Adjust video and audio parameters
After setting output format, open the drop-down button right before the big green “Convert” again and then choose “Edit” option to enter the “Profile Settings” panel, where you could adjust video and audio parameters of output format, including: video codec, quality, bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, channel, audio codec, resolution, etc.
Step 4: Set output directory
After that, click the big green “Convert” button on the sub-menu bar and then set output directory in the “Save to” box.
Step 5: Start to convert
After that, click the bottom “Convert” button on the pop-up sidebar to start ripping TV episodes from DVD disc. You could then view the entire converting process.
After converting, you will get your Insanity Workout DVD discs into video formats you like. Then, you only need to transfer the converted DVD movies to your devices for unlimited playback.
HandBrake is a free DVD ripping tool that could rip encrypted DVD discs with the help of libdvdcss. However, compared to Leawo DVD Ripper, HandBrake takes much longer time in disc loading. Meanwhile, Leawo DVD Ripper allows you to choose which titles to rip and convert, supports more video formats as output, enables you to edit DVD movies before converting, lets you select subtitles and audio tracks, and even provides options for you to play back DVD movies and preview editing effect.