“hello from Italy, for some reason I cannot get to play iso files (I refer to audio ones since I do not insert video files in jRiver library). I get ‘something went wrong with playback’ message any time I try. I use jRiver since 3 or 4 years and I switched to MC24 a couple of weeks ago. Also, I temporarily moved the library (a couple of months ago) from the NAS to the computer. I can’t say if the problem arose before or after both these changes in setup…nevertheless I can’t read ISO files anymore. I searched for answers in the forum but I couldn’t find a solution. tried with file association changes but it didn’t work. Any help is welcome! Thanks in advance”
Many people have reported ISO file playback failure in jRiver Media Center. If you also come across such occasions and would like a solution for it, this guide is perfect for you. Here we will show you how to play ISO file on jRiver Media Center in different ways.
Part 1: Can I Play ISO File on jRiver Media Center?
Let’s firstly make clear whether or not jRiver Media Center could play back ISO image file. jRiver Media Center is a multimedia application that allows the user to play and organize various types of media on a computer running Windows, macOS, or Linux operating systems. jRiver Media Center is a "jukebox"-style media player, like iTunes, which usually uses most of the screen to display a potentially very large library of files.
Regular (usually daily beta) builds are posted on the Media Center Interact forum implementing requested features and fixing reported bugs. The forum has an active user community, with more than 25,000 users as of 2011.
It can also rip and burn CDs. The system also allows users of intelligent powered loudspeakers to use paired devices in stereo configuration, previously only possible without Jriver. You could actually directly play back ISO files of Blu-ray and DVD discs within jRiver Media Center.
The below part will show you how to directly play ISO file on jRiver Media Center in detail.
Part 2: How to Play ISO Files on jRiver Media Center?
Follow the below steps to learn how to play ISO files on jRiver Media Center in detail:
- Install jRiver Media Center and launch it on your computer. get source ISO image files ready.
- Go to “Tools > Options > File types”. Under "Data", click on "Disk Image Files" and at the bottom of the window, select your preferred “Playback Method” from the drop-down list. Automatic can be used on the server and will mount the .iso into VCD (Virtual Clone Drive). If you use a different virtual drive, choose "Custom" and enter your program details. External Program (Custom) should be used on a client. Browse to the folder where your virtual drive .exe file is and select that file. For VCD, this will be Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe.
- Go to “Tools > CD, DVD & BD” and, under "Auto-Play" for the relevant disc types, select Play.
- .iso files are currently treated as Data. Your library import needs to include these file types.
- Go to “Tools > Options > Library & Folders”. Under "Auto-Import, Configure auto-import, select the folder or folders where your .iso files are stored, click on Edit and ensure that the Data box is checked.
- Go to “File > Library > Import” and click on the Radar Button for "Run Auto-Import Now". This may take a while to complete.
- In the left pane of the main window, click on Documents then Files. Your .iso files should show in the right pane. You may need to hover your pointer over the down arrow on the "Files" tab at the top and choose "List Style" then "Details". Right click on the title bar for the columns above the files and check Media Type and Media Sub-Type in the drop-down list. This will cause these columns/Fields to show.
- For your existing .iso files, Media Type will show as Data. Right click on Data and select Rename. Select Video from the drop-down list. Right click on the blank entry in the Media Sub-Type column and select Rename and select Movie.
- For new imports, Use ‘tag on import’ (in auto import) and set Media Type = If(IsEqual([File Type],iso,8),Video,[Media Type])
- This will change media type of iso’s to Video(when importing) and do nothing to other filetypes.
- You may need to rename the file to the actual name of the movie.
- In the left pane, select Video then Files. Scroll to find your file.
- Right click on the file and select "Get Movie & TV Info" and select one of the data sources. This will populate many of the fields and insert Cover Art.
- In order to get these movies to play smoothly, it is necessary to use madVR to change the frame rate. In madVR settings, under "devices" > "your display" > "display modes" enter the display modes required for the movie types you have, e.g. 1080p24, 1080p50, 1080p60, 1080p59.
- You are now done. Double click the file and it should play. It will take a few seconds for the image to be mounted and for play to start.
Part 3. Best ISO Files to jRiver Media Center Converter – Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
Obviously, you could see that it’s quite complicated to directly play ISO image files within jRiver Media Center. You could actually try to rip and convert ISO image files to video files, so it will be easier to play back ISO image files within jRiver Media Center.
Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is the right ISO to video converter for you. Being one of the best Blu-ray to video converter tools, Leawo Blu-ray Ripper enables you to decrypt, rip and convert Blu-ray to video and extract audio from Blu-ray to save in all formats for any media player and device. You could rip and convert Blu-ray movies to 4K MP4, 4K MKV, HD MP4, HD AVI, MOV and many more. What’s more, it could not only handle Blu-ray/DVD disc and folder conversion, but also ISO file to video conversion. You could use it to rip and convert ISO image files to MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, etc. for various media players and devices.
Download and install Leawo Blu-ray Ripper on your computer. Then, follow the below steps to learn how to rip and convert ISO files to jRiver Media Center compatible video files.
Note: Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is a module built in Leawo Prof. Media.
Step 1: Kick off Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
Launch Leawo Prof. Media and then click “Convert” button on the sub-menu or “Blu-ray/DVD Ripper” button in the middle to enter the “Convert” module, which includes Blu-ray Ripper.
Step 2: Add source ISO file
On the “Convert” module, click on “Add Blu-ray/DVD” option to choose “Add iso file” option to browse and load source ISO image files for converting.
Attention: Leawo Blu-ray Ripper offers 3 options to load source Blu-ray movie: Full Movie, Main Movie and Custom Mode. Full Movie allows you to import all titles, and Main Movie only imports the longest title by default but allows you to switch, while under Custom Mode you could freely choose any title(s) for loading. Choose the one according to your needs and load source Blu-ray movies.
Step 3: Set output format
Hit the button next to the “Add Photo” button and then click “Change” option to enter the “Profile” panel. You now need to choose a format compatible with jRiver Media Center, like MP4 Video from “Format > Common Video” group.
If you like, you could adjust the output video and audio parameters like video bit rate, aspect ratio, frame rate, quality, audio codec, etc. to meet your home theatre TV or projector exactly. To do these, just click the “Edit” option on the drop-down panel next to the “Add Photo” button.
Step 4: Set output directory and start converting
On the main interface, hit the green button of “Convert” and then set output directory in the “Save to” box. Then, hit the “Convert” option to start converting ISO files to jRiver Media Center compatible video files.
Wait for the conversion to complete. With GPU acceleration technologies enabled, Leawo Blu-ray Ripper completes ISO to video conversion quickly.
Part 4. Convert ISO Files to jRiver Media Center Compatible Format with Any Video Converter
Of course, you could also use other ISO to video converter tools to convert ISO image files to jRiver Media Center compatible videos like AVI or WMV. Any Video Converter is a wonderful choice. Any Video Converter can convert videos and DVD movies to videos playable on portable media players like iPod, iPhone, iPad, PS4, Xbox One, and Android mobile phones such as Samsung, Huawei, LG, Nokia, Blackberry and Google Nexus One. Besides converting video and DVD to portable devices and almost all the video & audio formats, Any Video/DVD Converter Professional features an astonishing characteristic: it can convert ISO to AVI. Therefore, you could use Any Video Converter to convert ISO file to AVI file for jRiver Media Center.
Check the below guide to learn how to rip and convert ISO image files to AVI for jRiver Media Center with Any Video Converter.
- Download and install Any Video Converter on your computer. Get source ISO image files ready for converting. Note: Any Video Converter only converts DVD ISO image file.
- Launch Any Video Converter.
- Click "Add CD Disc" drop-down list button, then click "Add DVD ISO Files". A window will pop up to let you choose the ISO files you want to convert.
- Unfold “Output Profile”, choose “Customized AVI” as the output format.
- You can change the basic, video and audio setting including video size, video aspect, video bitrate, frame rate, etc. on Any Video Converter right panel.
- Click “Convert” button to start converting ISO image files to AVI files for jRiver Media Center.
You then only need to wait for the conversion to complete.
Part 5: Conclusion
Both Leawo Blu-ray Ripper and Any Video Converter could rip and convert ISO files to jRiver Media Center compatible video files so as to let you freely and easily play ISO files on jRiver Media Center. However, you need to know that Leawo Blu-ray Ripper could handle both Blu-ray and DVD ISO image files regardless of protections, while Any Video Converter could only handle non-protected DVD ISO image files for converting to video files. Meanwhile, compared to Any Video Converter, Leawo Blu-ray Ripper offers more bonus features such as 3 different content loading modes, Blu-ray/DVD movie editing, 2D to 3D conversion, selecting subtitles and audio tracks, etc. You get better user experience with Leawo Blu-ray Ripper.