"How to pair an Xbox controller wirelessly with Xbox One S? I just got my Xbox One S and have no idea on how to pair Xbox controller?"
Xbox One S has just been released for weeks. Many people have already got this new Xbox One model. For diehard Xbox fans, it’s not a problem to pair Xbox One controller. However, for some Xbox One newbies, Xbox One pair controller issues may become a block of gaming experience. If you happen to have the same problem, look no further. You will learn detailed steps on how to pair Xbox One controller with Xbox One (including Xbox One and Xbox One S) and Windows 10 wirelessly in this post.
Part 1: How to pair an Xbox wireless controller with Xbox One S
The Xbox One line has multiple controller configurations, including: the high-powered Xbox One Elite Controller, the refreshed Xbox One standard controller with 3.5mm audio jack, and the all-new Xbox One S controller with textured grips and Bluetooth. No matter which controller you get, the below steps would help you easily carry out the Xbox pair issue perfectly. You could follow the below steps to pair Xbox One controller and pair Xbox One S controller wirelessly.
Detailed steps on pairing an Xbox One controller (including Xbox One S):
- Turn on Xbox wireless control by holding the Xbox button on the controll.
- Press and hold the pairing button on your controller until the Xbox logo starts flashing. The button is situated on top of the controller next to the micro-USB port (showed in above picture).
- Press the pairing button on your console until the power button starts flashing. The photographs below illustrate the location of the pairing button on the Xbox One and Xbox One S.
In this way, you could now pair Xbox One controller easily. Once paired, the lights should turn solid.
Part 2: How to pair a Bluetooth Xbox controller with Windows 10 PC
If your Xbox controller has Bluetooth support, then you could pair Xbox controller with Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth. It is not difficult to do this Bluetooth Xbox One controller pair work in this way.
You could follow the below steps to learn how to pair Xbox controller with Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth connection.
- Open the "Start Menu > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth" option.
- Your computer would start to scan and pair your Bluetooth.
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller to turn it on.
- Hold the pairing button on your controller. It can be found at the top of the Xbox One controller next to the USB port. After a short time the controller will appear in the available Bluetooth devices on your computer.
- Click on Pair. The Xbox pair work would be done and you could then freely take the go.
Part 3: How to pair an Xbox controller with your Windows 10 PC using the Xbox Wireless Adapter
If you have no Bluetooth Xbox One controller, Microsoft provides you Xbox Wireless Adapter to pair Xbox One and Xbox One S. The Xbox Wireless Adapter works smoothly with any Windows 10 device and the standard Xbox One controller. Therefore, you could pair Xbox One controller with the adapter.
The below steps show you how to carry out the Xbox pair work via Xbox Wireless Adapter.
- Plug the Xbox Wireless Adapter USB dongle into your PC. It should automatically download and install the necessary drivers..
- Turn Xbox on by pressing and holding the Xbox button on your controller.
- Hold the pairing button on the USB adapter (it is located on the upper side of the dongle). The adapter’s lights should flash and then turn solid, pairing the controller to your PC.
All these 3 ways could help you easily pair Xbox controller with Xbox One S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 computers. You could choose the one you need. After pairing, you could then make use of the controller to play games or watch Blu-ray movies.