Hi, there! I have a problem with my new iPad Air. When at home, I use my iPad to surf the Internet, and have saved a lot of bookmarks. But I accidentally delete some of the bookmarks and I want them back. I’m not that techie, so I wonder if there is any way possible for me to do that. All of your suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance!
If you have been faced with the same problem like the guy mentioned above, unfortunately deleting or losing Safari bookmarks on your iPad and trying to recover them, you may need the proper way to finish the task. Here we are introducing three ways to help you know how to recover deleted bookmarks on iPad.
Part 1. Recover Deleted Bookmarks on iPad via iTunes
iPad users will always come up with the data loss problems in their iOS devices. Contacts, text messages and so on are all easy to get lost, and they will be found back with iTunes or iCloud. The users of iOS devices should develop a good habit of updating the backups in their iTunes, which will be a life-saver when the users want to recover deleted files on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The Safari bookmarks are also included in the backup, so the iPad user can recover deleted bookmarks on iPad with iTunes. The restoring process with iTunes is easy to be done, and the following tutorial will show you how to do it:
1. Run iTunes and go to “Edit > Preference > Devices”, and check “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically”.
2. Plug iPad into computer via the USB cable, and then iTunes will launch. If not, start it manually.
3. iTunes recognizes iPad and shows the icon at the upper right corner. Choose “File > Device > Restore from Backup” at the upper left corner, and then iTunes will display all the backups. Select the iPad backup and click “Restore”.
When the restoring process is done, the iPad will restart, and then the users will get the deleted files back on their iPad. Using iTunes is the fastest and most convenient way to recover deleted bookmarks from iPad.
Part 2. Recover Deleted Bookmarks on iPad via iCloud
Recovering deleted data from iPad with iTunes is the most popular way to find the lost files back. After restoring iPad with iTunes, the contents in your iPad will be replaced with the data in your iPad backup, and the lost bookmarks will be back to your iPad. If you don’t recover deleted bookmarks from iPad with iTunes, that is to say, the bookmarks you saved in Safari aren’t be updated to the iPad backup. It is more likely that you can recover deleted bookmarks on iPad with iCloud, as it upload data from iPad to the cloud everytime when the iPad is plugged in with screen locked, and connected to Wi-Fi. So when you accidentally delete bookmarks on your iPad, you’d better give iCloud a try.
Part 3. Recover Deleted Bookmarks on iPad with iPad Data Recovery
If you don’t get any luck with iTunes or iCloud, you can take advantage of Leawo iOS Data Recovery. Among all the data recovery programs, Leawo iOS Data Recovery can be regarded as one of the best. This software enables users to recover deleted files from iOS devices and iTunes backups, and exports the recovered files to computer. The software helps users to extract 12 kinds of files separately from the iTunes backups, bookmarks are also included. The following guidance will show you how to recover deleted bookmarks from iPad, and the users are able to free download the software to have a try. Note that the trial version will stop at the preview window.
3. The software will scan the contents in your iPad backup, and display 12 categories in the left sidebar. Choose “Bookmarks” when the scan is done, and then the contents will be shown in the right part of the window. Check the bookmarks you need and click the “Recover” button at the right bottom of the window.
4. After clicking the recover button, you will see a pop-up dialog. Click “Open” in the dialog to choose a folder on your computer to save the exported bookmarks. Then click “Go” to start recovering deleted bookmarks from iPad.
Leawo iOS Data Recovery will start the recovery process immediately. When the recovery process is done, you will get the exported bookmarks in the target folder. The bookmarks will be saved in an HTML file, and you are able to view it with the Internet browser on your computer.
Leawo iOS Data Recovery is a helpful iPhone data recovery program, it doesn’t only help users to recover deleted files from iOS devices, but also helps users to backup data to computer, for example, you can use this software to backup iPhone photos to computer with no efforts. If you are interested in this software, don’t hesitate to download it and have a try.