iMovie for iOS is Apple’s free mobile editing app available on the iPhone. With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie for iPhone lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Whilst it is the simplest and most intuitive mobile video editing app available, it is also surprisingly powerful, and can be used to achieve high-end results suitable for the web, and even broadcast! How to use iMovie on iPhone? Below we have collected a few pointers that will help you make sense of iMovie on iPhone.
How to use iMovie on iPhone?
a. iMovie on iPhone: Move video clips or photos
If you need to move video clips or photos, follow the iPhone iMovie tutorial.
- 1. Drag the clip from the clip viewer or timeline into any empty box on the Clips pane.
- 2. Scroll to the new destination.
- 3. And then drag the clip from the Clips pane back into the clip viewer.
b. iMovie on iPhone: Trim a video clip or photo
As we all know, sometimes a video clip or photo goes on for a bit too long. Perhaps you’ve filmed a speech or a video, and want to cut it or shorten it. Then you need to trim it. In fact, it is easy to trim a video clip or photo in iMovie.
- 1. Simply scroll the timeline with your finger so that the playhead is positioned exactly where you want to cut.
- 2. Then, swipe your finger down over the playhead to cut the clip.
- 3. You will see the cut represented by a square black icon with a vertical line. You can tap on this to change it to a fade.
c. iMovie for iPhone: Rotate a clip
In the iMovie iPhone tutorial, we will show you how to locate a video clip at the direction you want.
- 1. Open your project on iMovie app.
- 2. Scroll down to the timeline to where the clip you want is located in the viewer.
- 3. While on the viewer, use your fingers to rotate the clip clockwise or anticlockwise.
- 4. Then a white arrow will indicate the direction of rotation.
d. iMovie for iPhone: Create a copy of a clip
User can also create a copy of a clip in the timeline. Follow the steps below.
- 1. Open your project and tap the video clip in the timeline.
- 2. Tap the scissors icon in the lower-left corner and you will see options to Split, Detach, Duplicate and Delete.
- 3. Tap Duplicate that will create an exact replica of a clip and places it immediately after the original.
- 4. You can also use the undo arrow above the timeline to undo any recent edits you made.
e. iPhone iMovie tutorial: Split a clip
Want to know how to use iMovie on iPhone well? Try this method.
- 1. In the timeline, select the clip you want to split.
- 2. Locate the playhead where you want to split the clip.
- 3. Select Modify > Split Clip.
f. iPhone iMovie tutorial: Split a clip: Use 3D Touch in iMovie for iPhone
iPhone iMovie also supports 3D touch.
- 1. Hard press on the iMovie icon to quickly open a project or create a new one.
- 2. In the Projects Browser, hard press on a Project to preview it.
- 3. Swipe up to Edit, Share or Delete it.
Above are the things you can do with iMovie for iPhone.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone
iMovie is a powerful video editing program that can do a lot of things for you. You can use it to create a photo slideshow video with your favorite photos in your iPhone. If you have a lot of photos you like, you can make good use of iMovie on iPhone to make yourself a special video. People love to use photos to record precious moments in their lives, some photos might contain a lot of memories, so it's important to keep them safe and prevent them from being lost. If you delete one of those photos by accident and don't have backups, try using Leawo iOS Data Recovery to get them back. Leawo iOS Data Recovery is a program capable of recovering 14 different types of data from your iPhone, iTunes and iCloud backups. You can also use it to back up the 14 types of data on your iPhone to your computer. If one of the photos you need to make the photo slideshow video were deleted by accident, you can use it to recover the deleted photo so that you can continue to make a slideshow video with iMovie for iPhone. Also, to prevent your photos from being deleted by accident, you can back them up with this program in advance.
The content below includes detailed instructions on how to use Leawo iOS Data Recovery to recover mistakenly deleted photos on iPhone.
1. On your computer, open Leawo iOS Data Recovery first and then you will see 3 tabs on it. Select Recover from iOS Device.
2. Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable. When the program recognizes your device, you should see the words Your device is connected. And there would be a Start button on it. Click on the Start button and the program will scan your device to look for your lost data.
3. When the scanning is done, the program will show you all the data on your iPhone, including the files you deleted by mistake. If you want to find out the deleted files more quickly, check Display deleted items only. Check all the files you want to recover and then click the Recover button which can be found in the bottom of the right corner.
4. The last step is to set a folder to store the files you are about to recover from your iPhone. On the popup that follows, click Open to set the folder and click Go to begin recovery.
Above is how to use iMovie for iPhone. With this iPhone iMovie tutorial, you will be splicing together video like a pro in no time. You can add quite a bit of polish to your clips, spiffing them up with titles, transitions, slow and fast motion, and even background music.