Podcast is popular among iDevice users at present, which is fantastic to listen to it. Some users have downloaded many podcasts on their iPod. However, when they want to enjoy the iPod podcasts on their iPhone, they have no idea on how to make it. This guidance will help the users who have met such issue to realize iPod to iPhone transfer easily.
Part 1: How to Transfer Podcast from iPod to iPhone via iTunes
As for how to transfer podcast music from iPod to iPhone, iTunes is a good tool to help you to make it. This software is free to use, but only the purchased ones can be transferred from iPod to iPhone. The detailed steps are shown below.
1. Insert iPod with your computer and launch iTunes. Make sure your iTunes version is the latest one. Move to “Preferences > Devices” and then choose “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically” to tick this option.
2. Go to the iTunes Store and select “Authorize This Computer”. Make use of your Apple ID and password to authorize your computer. Successively tap Click on “File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from ‘iPod’”. Thus, your iPod podcast will be added to the library of iTunes for the preparation to transfer to iPhone.
3. When this process comes to an end, unplug your iPod and then connect your iPhone with computer until the iPhone icon displays on the same location as that your iPod shows.
4. Tap your iPhone icon and then move to click on the “Podcasts” tab under the menu of “Settings > Summary”. Afterwards, check “Sync Podcasts” to sync your podcast music files from iTunes library to your iPhone. You can decide to transfer all podcasts or the selected podcasts.
5. In the end, tap the button of “Apply” at the bottom right to transfer podcast form iTunes library to iPhone.
To deal with how to transfer podcast from iPod to iPhone, you can make use of this solution. However, the podcast library in iPhone will be completely erased after the transferring. If you do not like this disadvantage, you can continue to read this guidance to see other proper ways.
Part 2: How to Transfer Podcast Music from iPod to iPhone via iTunes Store
iTunes Store can also be used to help you to deal with how to transfer podcast music from iPod to iPhone. The steps are a little complicated, and you need to be patient to make use of this solution.
1. On your computer, run the latest version of iTunes. Connect your iPhone with computer via proper USB cable. At the left corner of the interface, tap on the “Sign In” button.
2. Use your Apple ID and password to sign in iTunes Store on PC. Make sure it is the same account that you have used to buy the podcasts on your iPod.
3. Click on the “Preferences” tab under the menu of “Edit” at the top of the iTunes window. Click on “Devices” tab and then choose “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically” to check.
4. After that, click on the “Store” menu in the “Store Preferences” window and choose to check “Sync podcast subscriptions and settings”. In the end, you can click on the “OK” button to sync iPod podcasts to your iPhone via iTunes Store.
This solution is a bit complex and only the purchased podcast on iPod can be synced to your iPhone. If you want to solve how to transfer podcast from iPod to iPhone without iTunes or iTunes Store, you can continue to read the last solution to help you.
Part 3: How to Transfer Podcast from iPod to iPhone via iTransfer
Due to the big disadvantage of iTunes, you may want to know how to transfer podcast from iPod to iPhone without iTunes. This part will recommend you a powerful third-party tool to realize your goal. Leawo iTransfer is really easy to use and the efficiency of it is quite high. It supports 12 kinds of files, which will meet your demands perfectly. Here I will share the detailed steps on how to use this iPod to iPhone transfer software to make it.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
3.1 Transfer Podcast from iPod to PC
In order to realize iPod to iPhone transfer, first you need to move iPod podcasts to computer for later use.
Step 1: Run Leawo iTransfer and Connect iPod to PC
Launch Leawo iTransfer on computer and then connect iPod with computer via USB cable. In a few seconds, your iPod information will show in the interface.
Step 2: Click “Podcasts” Tab and Transfer Podcast
Click on the iPod icon, and then click on “LIBRARY > Podcasts” in order. Choose the podcast you want to transfer and then click on the transfer button at the bottom right of the window. You can also right click on one of them and choose “Transfer to > My Computer”. You could find the delete function here to delete the unwanted podcasts. Afterwards, click on “Change” button to choose an output folder on computer to save the exported podcasts. Check the option of “Save to folder”. After that, tap the button of “Transfer Now” to begin to move the iPod podcasts to computer. In a few seconds, the iPod podcasts will be available on your computer folder.
This solution is accurate and secure. In order to make it completely, you need to continue to look at the following steps.
3.2 Transfer Podcasts from PC to iPhone
After you have moved iPod podcasts to computer folder, you need to continue to copy them to your iPhone via Leawo iTransfer.
Step 1: Launch Leawo iTransfer and Plug iPhone to PC
Disconnect iPod with computer, and then insert iPhone into PC with a proper USB cable. Your iPhone will be recognized by iTransfer automatically.
Step 2: Tap “Podcasts” Panel
Navigate to “iPhone icon > LIBRARY > Podcasts” on the left sidebar to see all podcasts on iPhone. Here is a small tip, you can choose “iTunes” catagory to transfer podcasts in the iTunes library to iPhone.
Step 3: Add Podcasts
Tap on “File > Add” and then select “Add File” or “Add Folder” to tap. Browse your PC to relocate the exported iPod podcasts to add them to iPhone.
Step 4: Transfer Podcasts to iPhone
After you have chosen the podcasts you want to transfer to iPhone, the adding process will begin. The process will continue for several seconds. Finally, you can enjoy your iPod podcast on your iPhone at ease.
As you can see, the solutions to cope with how to transfer podcast music from iPod to iPhone are diverse. You can choose the one that you like to solve your problem. Here I strongly suggest you download iTransfer to have arty. The process seems to be complicated, but it is quite easy to handle. The secure process and the accurate results will surely make you pleased.