Music has magic power that can peace one's mind when they are in blue mood. When a string of rhythm flows out of the earphones, you just feel like connecting to the spiritual music world and noises and chaos in the real world are gone. I like downloading various genres of music to get know different music worlds. Hence, when you open my external drive, you will be stunned at a large library of music. To facilitate to listen to music, I always need to drag and drop music to iPhone/iPod from external drive. How can I put music on my iPod without iTunes? How to transfer music to iPod without iTunes? Good question, right? Don't worry, I am trying to give you some tips on how to put songs on iPod without iTunes.
Part 1: How to Put Music on iPod without iTunes but iTransfer
Unlike iTunes which limits users to only transfer purchased and free items, Leawo iTransfer with sleek and modern interface design enables users to transfer purchased and non-purchased items without limits. What's more, you can multi-select items you'd like to transfer to iPhone, iPod, iPad, iTunes, computers, USB drives and so on. It supports to transfer music, TV shows, movies, SMS, notes and the like. Therefore, under whatever circumstance, you can always rely on Leawo iTransfer to transfer files to the ideal device. Okay, let's cut the chase and talk about how to transfer music from external hard disk to iPod without iTunes but Leawo iTransfer.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
1. Connect USB and iPhone to computer
Plug external hard disk and iPod to computer and then open Leawo iTransfer. The software will automatically recognize iPhone and display its library in the left sidebar. In the right interface, it is iPhone basic information like capacity, type, serial number, etc.
2. Add music to iPod without iTunes
Click on "iPod > LIBRARY > Music" in the left sidebar and a list of songs you on your iPod appears. Go to "File > Add > Add File or Add Folder" in the upper right corner. In the pop-up window, open external hard disk and select specific songs to upload. After that, music will be transferred from external hard disk to your iPhone.
Part 2: How to Upload Music to iPod via iTunes
If you have no idea how to upload music to iPod, you can try iTunes. I believe when you want to transfer some files, iTunes will be the first solution coming to your mind. As I introduced the above, the drawback of iTunes is that it can only transfer purchased and free items from one device to another. Now follow these steps to learn how to upload music to iPod via iTunes.
1. Connect external hard disk and iPod to computer. Make sure you have the latest iTunes on your computer.
2. Click the iPod icon in the top left corner. Go to "Summary", then disable "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected" and check "Manually manage music and videos". After that, click on "Apply" at bottom right corner. Now, you can manually handle your media files.
3. To transfer music from external hard disk to iPod, click "File" in the Menu bar and choose "Add File to Library" or "Add Folder to Library". In the pop-up window, choose music from external hard disk to upload.
4. Go to "Settings > Music" and check "Sync Music" in the right interface. You can choose to sync "Entire music library" or "Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres". Afterwards, click on "Sync" in the bottom right corner. Now, you learnt how to put songs on iPod with iTunes.
Note: you will lose your previous songs on iPod after you transfer music from external hard disk.
Part 3: How to Add Music to iPod without iTunes but AnyTrans
Similar to Leawo iTransfer, AnyTrans is also an easy-to-use file manager device that allows you to manage your iPhone, Android, cloud contents. With AnyTrans, you can easily browse, manage, edit, copy and back up files on your devices. AnyTrans is superior in fast speed in transferring. Read the following tutorial to learn how to put music on iPod without iTunes but AnyTrans.
1. Download and Install AnyTrans
Go to AnyTrans official website to download and install AnyTrans on your computer. After that, open AnyTrans. Connect external hard disk and iPod to your computer.
2. Choose a category
AnyTrans will recognize your devices and then you can click on "Audio > Music" in the left.
3. Put music to iPod from external disk to iPod
Click on the "+" icon in top left corner to select music. A window pops out and you can choose music or songs on your external disk to transfer. After you select songs, you can click on "Open" to start transferring songs from external disk to iPod.