“I have some games that I have played for years and when I transferred data to another Iphone the games reset to day 1 and I lost my progress. How do I get the progress of the games updated to the new phone? How to transfer game data to new phone? Is there anybody having idea? Thanks!” Recently, I read a thread online by chance. It is really annoying that all your game data loses when you change to new iPhone, especially you have played the game for a couple of years. Don’t worry. Today I am going to lead you to learn how to transfer game data to new iPhone.
Part 1: How to Transfer Game Data to New iPhone via iCloud Backup on iOS 9 and later versions
For how to transfer game data to new phone on iOS 9 or later versions, you can resort to iCloud backup. You need first to back up old iPhone game data and then restore them to your new iPhone. The iCloud backup is not limited to game data but includes photos, notes, messages, e-mail accounts and so on. Now let’s take a look at how to transfer game data to new phone below.
1. Open Settings app on your old iPhone and go to “Apple ID > iCloud”.
2. Scroll down and locate “iCloud Backup”, then tap on “Back Up Now”. You have to make sure your iPhone has enough storage and is connected to Wi-Fi. After a few minutes, your iPhone data including game data is backed up to iCloud. You should turn off your old iPhone, for it will cause conflicts with iCloud backups.
3. Remove SIM card from old iPhone and insert it to new iPhone. Open your new iPhone and tap on “slide to set up”, then follow the instructions to set up your iPhone language and Wi-Fi.
4. Choose “Restore from iCloud Backup” and enter iCloud account and password.
5. Press “Next” to continue. A prompt pops up to ask you to agree “Terms and Conditions”. Tap on “Agree” and choose the latest backup from the list. It will require you to input iCloud password. Simply input it to restore data including game data to new iPhone.
The backup time depends on how much data you have. Keep your iPhone device connected to Wi-Fi and your new iPhone will get game data after a while. This method is also applicable to how to transfer game data from iPhone to iPad.
Part 2: How to Transfer Game Data to New iPhone on iOS 8 or earlier
For iOS 8 or earlier version, how to transfer games from iPhone to iPhone? I think iTunes has a say. iTunes is really useful in backing up data between iOS devices and iTunes. With it, you don’t need to worry that your iOS information loses accidentally. Come on, check steps below to learn how to transfer games from iPhone to iPhone.
1. Connect old iPhone to iTunes via USB cable and then launch iTunes. Ensure iTunes is the latest version. Click on the iPhone icon in the upper left corner and you can see a bunch of categories in the left sidebar.
2. On the “Summary” section, choose “Back Up Now” in the right interface. If you want the backup to be safer, you can check “Encrypt Backup” and enter a password. You might be asked to back up apps. If so, skip “Backup Apps”.
3. Disconnect old iPhone now. Take our SIM card from your old iPhone to place it into your new iPhone.
4. Turn on your new iPhone and connect it to computer. Tap on “slide to set up” on the screen and choose the language and turn on Wi-Fi. Now select “Restore from iTunes Backup”.
5. On iTunes interface, choose “Restore from” and select the latest backup from the list. If your backup is encrypted, input password to continue. You can use this method to fix how to transfer game data from iPhone to iPad.
Part 3: How to Transfer Games from iPhone to iPhone with Leawo iTransfer
With a modern and user-friendly interface, Leawo iTransfer favors in transferring 12 different kinds of files including apps, contacts, music, podcasts, TV shows, movies, SMS, etc. between Apple devices, iTunes and computers. If you want to back up games from iPhone to another iPhone, Leawo iTransfer is no doubt your top choice. Furthermore, Leawo iTransfer is also helpful in transferring purchased and non-purchased items from iPhone to iPhone or iPad. Anyway, you can also use Leawo iTransfer to fix how to transfer games from iPhone to iPad or iPhone. Now let’s head to learn how to transfer game data from iPhone to iPhone.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
1. Connect iOS devices to computer
For how to transfer game data from iPhone to iPhone, you have to first launch Leawo iTransfer after downloading and installing it. Connect new iPhone and old iPhone to computer. These two devices will be automatically recognized by the software. The software will show their libraries in the left sidebar.
2. Select games to transfer
Click the name of “iPhone” (old iPhone) and go to “LIBRARY > App”. In the right interface, find the games you want to transfer and select them by holding “Ctrl”. After that, right click the selected games to choose “Transfer to > My Computer”.
3. Transfer games from iPhone to computer
In the pop-up window, check “Save to folder” and select a folder on computer by clicking “Change”. After that, click on “Transfer Now” to complete transferring game data from iPhone to computer.
4. Add games from computer to iPhone
Click on the name of new iPhone, then navigate to “LIBRARY > App” and right click anywhere in the right interface to choose “Add > Add File/Folder” to add games you just saved from the old phone to your computer. Immediately, your new iPhone will get games.