When your iPhone has lost all contacts due to the system disorder or other reasons, what can you do? If your iPad also has the contacts you need, you can just transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone. However, do you know how to get contacts from iPad to iPhone? This guidance will tell you the answer. I will offer you 3 methods to solve the problem on how to sync contacts from iPad to iPhone in case you need. If you want to know the detailed content, continue to read this guidance.
Part 1: How to Transfer Contacts from iPad to iPhone via iCloud Settings
It is quite convenient for you to sync contacts from iPad to iPhone via iCloud settings. Actually, other files and data can also be synced with the help of iCloud settings when you enable the library you need to sync. This part will introduce you the detailed steps to copy contacts from iPad to iPhone via iCloud settings.
1. On your iPad, navigate to “Settings > Name/Apple ID > iCloud”. Then you need to turn on “Contacts” by clicking on this library. Make sure your iPad is connected to Wi-Fi, and your iPad contacts will be synced to iCloud.
2. On your iPhone, connect to Wi-Fi. Go to “Settings” app to log into iCloud with the same Apple ID you have used on your iPad. Turn on the “Contacts” panel by tapping it.
3. In the pop-up panel, it will ask you whether you want to merge contacts. Tap “Merge” and your iPad contacts on iCloud will be synced to your iPhone. Thus, the problem of how to transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone is solved easily with a few clicks.
As for how to transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone, you can refer to this method. If you want to use tools to help you to sync contacts from iPad to iPhone, you can continue to read the following contents. The next two parts will illustrate you on how to get contacts from iPad to iPhone via iTunes and a third-party program separately.
Part 2: How to Get Contacts from iPad to iPhone via iTunes
Except using iCloud to sync contacts from iPad to iPhone, you can also realize your goal via iTunes. iTunes can be taken advantage to transfer other data like MP3, MP4 from iPad to iPhone as well. Even when there is no Internet, it can also work properly. The first thing you need to do is download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer. However, the disadvantage of this method is that in the process of using iTunes to copy contacts from iPad to iPhone, other data on iPad will also be synced to your iPhone. If you don’t mind this big shortcoming, you can continue to look at the detailed steps to copy contacts from iPad to iPhone via iTunes.
1. Plug iPad into PC and launch iTunes. Tap “Device > Summary”. You will see “Backups”. Tap “This computer” in below and then click on “Backup Now”. The contacts on your iPad will be backed up to PC.
2. Wait until the backup is finished. Plug your iPhone into your computer. Run iTunes and then click on “Device > Summary > Restore Backup”. In the pop-up panel, select the backup you have created on your computer. Finally, you need to tap “Restore” button. After that, iTunes will sync contacts from iPad to iPhone successfully.
As you can see, to copy contacts from iPad to iPhone with iTunes is in fact to back up iPad and restore the backup to your iPhone. If you do mind transferring all files and data from iPad to iPhone, you can try the third method in below.
Part 3: How to Get Contacts from iPad to iPhone via Leawo iTransfer
Leawo iTransfer is also a good tool for you to solve how to sync contacts from iPad to iPhone. This software is professional and powerful on solving transfer problems. If you want a tool to solve almost all transfer issues, I recommend you download and install this program to help you. If you want to know how to sync contacts from iPad to iPhone with Leawo iTransfer, check out the following detailed steps.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Step 1: Transfer Contacts from iPad to Computer
1. Connect iPad to PC
Launch Leawo iTransfer on computer and then plug iPad into the computer via USB cable. Leawo iTransfer will recognize your iPad automatically.
2. Tap “Contacts” Panel
When your iPad has been recognized by this software, you need to tap “iPad > LIBRARY > Contacts” on the left sidebar. Your iPad contacts will be displayed in the right part of the interface.
3. Select and Export Contacts to Computer
Choose your needed contacts and tap “Export” to transfer iPad contacts to PC. In the pop-up dialog, choose a folder on your computer and save the contacts in VCF format.
Step 2: Transfer Contacts from PC to iPhone
After you have exported your iPad contacts to PC in VCF format. Now you can begin importing those contacts to iPhone.
1. Connect iPhone to Computer
Run Leawo iTransfer and then connect your iPhone to computer with a matched USB cable.
2. Click “Contacts” on iPhone
When the tool detects iPhone, tap iPhone name and then tap “Contacts” library.
3. Select and Import Contacts to iPhone
Tap “Import” and choose the VCF file that you have exported from iPad to PC in the pop-up dialog. Then wait until the import process is completed. Finally, you can open “Contacts” on iPhone to check if the contacts have been imported to your iPhone successfully.
As mentioned, this method is realized with two steps. Although it seems to be complicated, actually, it is easy and accurate to use. If you refer to this guidance, there will be no difficulty for you to solve how to transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone with Leawo iTransfer.