With the advance of technology, we can fetch a wide range of wonderful songs on internet. Someone wants to download them, but it turns out that some music can’t be downloaded in an easy way. In this way, it is necessary for us to have an easy-to-use recorder to record internet audio. Now let me introduce three internet audio recorders for you.
Solution 1: Record Internet Audio with Windows Sound Recorder
Generally speaking, all Windows computers have a built-in Windows Sound Recorder. Its function is quite simple that it can be only used to record sound. If you are looking for a handy internet audio recorder, then Windows Sound Recorder will be your choice. You can start to record internet audio with Windows Sound Recorder.
1. For Windows 7 or earlier, go to Start > All programs > Accessories > Sound Recorder and open Sound Recorder. For Windows 8 or later, click WINKEY+Q to search Sound Recorder on your PC. Please note that Sound Recorder is named Voice Recorder on Windows 10.
2. Now prepare internet audio first. Activate the recording button to start to record audio from internet and click the recording button again to stop recording.
3. A pop-up box will allow you to choose the destination folder and your recording is saved in WMA by default.
Solution 2: Capture Audio from Internet with QuickTime Player on Mac
With modern and intuitive interface, QuickTime Player is versatile in many functions like editing and playing audios on Mac. This internet audio recorder supports to record audio from built-in microphone, external microphone and internet audio. If you don’t know how to record audio from internet, you can read the following steps to learn how to record internet audio.
1. Launch QuickTime Player, then navigate to File > New Audio Recording.
2. Click the arrow next to the record button to change the recording settings. You can choose "Built-in Input: Line In" as the audio source and choose sound quality.
3. Prepare internet audio you need to record with QuickTime Player. Then click the recording button to start to record audio from internet before playing internet audio.
4. Click File > Export to save internet audio to destination folder with specific output format.
Solution 3: Record Internet Audio with Leawo Music Recorder
Leawo Music Recorder provides professional solution to record internet audio. It can record audio from internet, microphone and local disk. With embedded Task Scheduler and Auto-filter, Leawo Music Recorder allows users to automatically record audio by setting start time and duration. Besides, this internet audio reorder supports MP3 and WAV as the output format and is able to change bit rate and sample rate to enhance sound quality. What’s more, Leawo Sound Recorder has a tag editor to enable you to edit music tags like title, album, year and genre.
Download and install Leawo Music Recorder. Now follow me to learn how to record internet audio with Leawo Music Recorder.
Step 1: Set output directory
Click the drop-down icon at top right to go to "Settings". Click "General" to set the target output directory. You can also change the language on "General" panel.
Step 2: Set output format
Click the drop-down icon at top right to go to "Settings". Tap on "Format" to choose MP3 or WAV as the output format and change bit rate and sample rate to enhance sound quality.
Step 3: Set audio source
On the same panel, navigate to Audio Source to choose "Record Computer Audio" to record internet audio.
Step 4. Start to record audio from internet
Back the main interface to tap on the recording button to start to record internet audio. Remember to record before playing audio.
Step 5. Edit and add internet audio tags
Music tags for audio from internet can be automatically added. If needed, you can right click the internet audio recording and choose "Edit Music Tags" on the Media panel to add and edit music tags like title, song, artist, year and genre.
If you’re using a Mac computer, Leawo Music Recorder for Mac could help you easily convert YouTube to MP3 audio on Mac OS 10.6 and later.