Online videos are quite accessible to users. However, sometimes the videos can’t be played properly on the computer. For example, after a period of time, some of the videos often shutter or have video lag during the playback, which prevents you from enjoying the videos with your whole heart and soul. Are this video lag issues annoying? Of course they are, but actually, video lagging, stuttering in videos and glitches while playing games are quite common issues. In today’s post, we are going to guide you to the right solution for the video lagging issues and approach to stop video lag with ease.
Part 1: Why Does Video Lag on My Computer
Why does vide lag on my computer? Have you ever consider the exact reasons for the video lagging problems? If you have known these reasons for the issues, then you can give the correct solutions to this problem. If you frequently encounter the video lagging issues, then you can refer to the following aspects to confirm the exact reasons.
1. Incompatible drivers. The video and audio drivers on your computer can have great impacts on the video picture you are playing now. Please recheck your system drivers one more time. Sometimes, if you have ever tried to reinstall your video and audio drivers recently, then there will be possible that some of the required system information has been lost during the process. On the other hand, if you have not reinstalled or updated the drivers recently, then you should focus on the check of the external or internal DVD or Blu-ray drives you have used, because those drivers may influence the processing of video content on your computer.
2. System configuration and operating system. You must have known a word "Bug". Exactly, some system bugs may result in the failure of processing videos and audios on your current media players. Even though you were only here to update your operating system, it may cause some video playing issues. Concerning the system configuration, is your computer powerful enough to support the 4K video movies? Furthermore, have your computer’s other parameters, like RAM, CPU and GPU met the requirements to play those 4K and 1080P videos then? If the computer is not capable enough, then stop playing immediately.
3. Media Player. Well, now let’s put it in a more practical way. Is your media player capable of supporting the video formats that you have downloaded from the Internet? Or if you get used to playing videos in Windows Media Player, have you ever updated the player recently? If yes, there will be possible that some of the video codecs have been lost during the update process.
4. Damaged hard drive. Hard drive is quite important in providing the lossless video and audio. If there is something wrong with your hard drive, then your computer’s running speed will be quite low.
5. Virus infection. If nearly all the videos are lagging on the media player, last of all, you have to check whether your computer is infected with the virus or not. Besides, are the antivirus programs on your computer out of date or not? In addition, the wrong firewalls may result in the video to be lagging as well.
Part 2: How to Fix Video Lagging
Solutions for the video lagging issues have to be given according to the exact reasons you have checked. Before you go to select an appropriate method, you had better carry out the following steps one by one to avoid any causes.
1. Reinstall drivers. Sometimes you fail to play the HD or common DVD videos on your computer, asides from the damage of the videos themselves, the drivers on your computer can be another factor that may have huge influences. You can turn to reinstall the drivers on your computer. Just go to click "Control Panel", then "Device Manager" to enter the "Sound, video and game controllers" panel where you are allowed to reinstall the drive by right-clicking on each option. Finally, if there is an additional update to be made, you can also check and install then.
2. Download your video from the Internet one more time. If not all the videos are stuttering or lagging in the media players, then you have to judge that whether the videos you may download from the YouTube or other websites are all complete which don’t lose the original quality. If you are not sure about the quality of the original video, you can try to download the video from the website one more time. Then restart the media player and insert the newly downloaded video again.
3. Convert to other formats. Sometimes, if your current media player doesn’t contain the specific video codec for the content you are playing, then it will be undoubted unsuccessful to offer the video playback on your computer. If the format is not compatible with the current media player, you can try to convert the previous video to other formats. Before confirming the output format, you can check the supported video format of the media player. Concerning how to convert to other formats, you can turn to one of the most excellent video converters — Leawo Video Converter for help
4. Use another media player as the alternative. If you have tried all the solutions above, but it doesn’t work still, then you have to seek help from other media players. Since that the media player doesn’t contain all the video playback solutions, if your media player failed to play the current videos, you can take a try on others which may be more advanced and comprehensive.
Part 3: How to Play Videos up to 4K without Lagging – Leawo Blu-ray Player
If you would like to take the alternative media players into consideration, then Leawo Blu-ray Player will be your perfect choice. As a 100% free and 6-in-1 media player software, Leawo Blu-ray Player contains all media playback solutions you need for your leisure entertainment, including Blu-ray, DVD, CD, HD (4K), ISO file with AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, FLV, MKV/MKA and other popular formats supported. With advanced image and audio processing technology, Leawo Free Blu-ray Player software could provide you quality-lossless image for even 4K video, stereo audio enjoyment, all regions free DVD decryption and user-oriented playback control. Besides, Leawo Blu-ray Player’s practical bonus features including useful power manager, custom skin/language/background, snap screenshots, especially virtual remote controller make it a better choice for all playback solutions. What the most impressive lies that Leawo Blu-ray Player is totally free. In order to solve the video lagging problem, what you need to follow up is to download and install this piece of media player program to your computer. If you like, you can also set the related parameters for more personalized style. You can refer to the steps below for further information.
Step 1: Download Leawo Blu-ray Player and install it.
Step 2: Import the video to the media player by clicking “Open File” button on the main interface. Once you loaded the video content to the player, you can then immediately play it on your computer.
Step 3: Set subtitles. After loading the video file, you can set the subtitles by clicking the first icon on the top left corner of the main screen which includes “Enable subtitles”, “Subtitle offset”, “Subtitle selecting”, “Browse for subtitle”. You can download the required subtitles from the websites based on your own needs.
Step 4: Set video and audio parameters. Click the second icon and the third icon in the title area on the top left corner of the main screen to set video parameters and audio parameters respectively. The editing features of Leawo Blu-ray Player could allow you to obtain a customized video and will give you more special watching experience.
Part 4: Conclusion
If you are a movie lover, then watching a 4K HD movie will be quite exciting for you in your spare time. If you would like to play 4K video without lagging issues, then make sure all your hardware on your computer and drivers are all in good conditions. Meanwhile, try to avoid the virus invasion and keep your videos from any damages. If you prefer to use another media player, don’t miss Leawo Blu-ray Player.