“iTunes won’t sync iPod anymore. Although I upgraded to the latest version of iTunes, I still can’t fix iTunes won’t let me sync my iPod on my Windows 10 PC. Anyone can help me? Very annoying. It’s an iPod touch 5 generation in iOS 9.” iTunes is known as a terrific iOS transferring and syncing tool. Therefore, people like to use iTunes to sync iPod/iPhone/iPad. However, if your iTunes won’t sync to iPod, it will really annoying for us. How to solve iTunes won’t sync with iPod? Here I would like to share this guide with you to teach you how to solve iTunes won’t sync to iPod.
Part 1: Five Solutions on “iTunes Won’t Sync iPod”
Usually, there are various reasons resulting in “iTunes won’t sync with iPod” like poor network, USB cable problem, iTunes version, etc. Correspondingly, we can adopt different ways to solve “iTunes won’t sync to iPod”. Here I would like to show you five methods.
1. Check if your iTunes is the latest version. If not, go to download the latest iTunes or update your iTunes to fix iTunes won’t sync with iPod.
2. “iTunes won’t let me sync my iPod?” Take it easy, you can also disable “Show Apple Music” on iPod and iTunes. For iPod, you can head to “Settings > Music”; for iTunes, you can click on “Edit > Preferences > General”.
3. Check your USB cable. You can change a new USB cable to try if you solve “iTunes won’t let me sync my iPod”. Sometimes, it is simply an issue of USB cable.
4. Re-start your Wi-Fi Connection. Toggle off your Wi-Fi and re-start it by going to “Settings > Wi-Fi” to get “iTunes won’t sync iPod” done.
5. Don’t check “Read Only” for files you want to sync to iPod. You can right click the file and choose “Properties > Read Only” to fix “iTunes won’t let me sync my iPod”.
Part 2: How to Sync iPod to iTunes
iTunes is not only a wonderful music application, but also an excellent iPod syncing tool. If you would like to sync iPod with iTunes, you can definitely rely on iTunes. However, iTunes has a drawback that you can only transfer purchased music content to iPod. Now let’s see how to sync iPod with iTunes.
1. Open iTunes and make sure you have the latest iTunes on your computer.
2. Go to “Edit > Preferences > Devices” in the menu bar and check “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically”.
3. Connect iPod with iTunes and your iPod will be detected. You can see an iPod icon in top left corner.
4. Navigate to “File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from ‘iPod'” and all your purchased items including music, books and other contents will be synced with iTunes.
Part 3: How to sync iPod to computer with Leawo iTransfer
Leawo iTransfer is famous for its fast speed and high efficiency to sync a wide range of files like photos, music, movies, apps, contacts and so between iOS devices, iTunes and PCs. Without the sync to iTunes, you can feel free to sync iOS device files to computer or external disks. Furthermore, Leawo iTransfer is pretty easy to operate, for its interface design is straightforward and modern which allows you to easily learn how to operate Leawo iTransfer. Besides, Leawo iTransfer allows you to selectively choose purchased and non-purchased items. If you would like to sync iPod, you can ask Leawo iTransfer for help. If you have bought a new iPod, you can also use it to transfer music files from old iPod to new iPod.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
1. Connect iPod to computer
Open Leawo iTransfer after downloading and installing it on your computer. Use USB cable to connect iPod to computer. iPod will be automatically recognized
2. Select files
In the left sidebar, there are different categories of contents like music, app, photos, contacts and so forth. Here I’d like to take music transferring as an example. Click on “iPod > LIBRARY > Music” in the left sidebar and hold “Ctrl” to click songs you want to sync in the right area. Right click those songs to choose “Transfer to > My Computer”.
3. Transfer files to computer
A pop-up window will hint you to choose a destination folder. Check “Save to folder” and click on “Change” to choose a destination folder. After that, it will start to transfer files to computer. You can also take similar steps to transfer other kinds of files.
Although iTunes is a wonderful iOS device management tool, Leawo iTransfer is still superior to it in the following aspects:
1. Transfer purchased and non-purchased items
iTunes is only allowed to transfer purchased items from iPod, while Leawo iTransfer is capable of transferring all purchased and non-purchased contents.
2. Selectively choose categories and items
Leawo iTransfer enables users to select specific category and items to transfer, while iTunes transfer all purchased contents to transfer. Under this circumstance, Leawo iTransfer is much more convenient and efficient than iTunes.