"Jesus, my videos won’t play on iPhone. It drives me crazy. Do you know why my iPhone won’t play videos and how to fix the issue? Await your reply." I received an e-mail from my friend. Absolutely, it is the most common problem that many iPhone users may encounter. Today’s guide will teach you how to fix "iPhone won’t play video" issue.
Part 1: Why Videos Won’t Play on iPhone
Many reasons can result in "iPhone can’t play on iPhone", for example, iPhone storage is not enough or Video app is not compatible with your iPhone. Why won’t my videos play on my iPhone? Reasons can be summarized as the following:
- Insufficient storage: As more and more junk files like safari history and website data accumulate, there is no more storage to perform Video app well.
- Faulty app: Some faulty app is not wnnell coded, so it can’t work well. It even can cause a series of issues on iPhone.
- App incompatible with iPhone temporarily: Sometimes, the reason why my iPhone won’t play videos is that the app is temporarily incompatible with iPhone.
- Bugs in the video app: Generally speaking, latest version of app can fix bugs existing in the old versions.
- Software bug: Software bug can also result in the issue that videos won’t play on iPhone.
Part 2: Solutions to Fix "iPhone Won’t Play Video" Issue
With the reasons listed above, now we could go to the solutions on how to fix "iPhone won’t play video" issue. There are several different solutions below:
1. Clear Safari History and Website Data
When you open a video on Safari but find iPhone won’t play videos, it means you should clear Safari history and website data. To clear Safari history and website data, you can:
- Head to Settings > Safari.
- Scroll down and choose "Clear History and Website Data".
- Tap on it and a box will pop up. Confirm "Clear History and Data".
2. Delete App and Reinstall
Faulty app may result in a wide range of issues on iPhone like the issue that iPhone won’t play videos. The simplest way to fix "videos won’t play on iPhone" is to delete app and reinstall it.
- Locate the app on screen and tap it for a few seconds until it starts shaking.
- Click "X" at top left to delete the app.
- Go to App Store and search the app to download it.
3. Restart the App
Sometimes, the app is not compatible with iPhone temporarily. In this way, we can restart the app again.
- Tap on the Home button twice and you can see apps in operation.
- Find the page of the video app and swipe up to quit the app.
- Back to the home screen and tap on the app to open it again.
4. Update the App
Make sure the app is the latest one. If not, update to the latest version, for latest version always fix previous bugs and make new improvements.
- Go to App Store > Updates in the bottom.
- Find the app and click Update button to update it.
5. Update the Software
Apart from the above solutions, we can also update iOS software to the latest version so as to fix the issue that iPhone won’t play videos. Before we update the software, we have to connect our iPhone to Wi-Fi, for it takes up a large amount of network.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Click Download and Install or Install Now, then iPhone will start to download the latest iOS.
6. Resort to Soft Reset
Many problems can be fixed with soft reset. When we find iPhone won’t play videos, we can adopt soft reset to try to fix the issue.
- Press and hold Sleep/Wake button and Home button simultaneously for a few seconds.
- When Apple logo appears in the screen, loose those buttons.
Part 3: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer with Leawo iTransfer
Leawo iTransfer is a versatile tool to easily and quickly transfer iPhone files like music, videos, contacts, note, etc. between iOS devices and computers. You can also use it to back up iPhone data to iTunes so that you don’t need to worry iPhone files will be gone. We sometimes want to back up videos to computer to save iPhone storage or to play in future, a useful tool like Leawo iTransfer is necessary.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Download and install this iTransfer on your computer. The below steps would show you how to transfer iBooks from iPad to PC in detail.
Step 1. Connect iPhone to computer
Launch the software and connect iPhone to computer. The software will automatically recognize iPhone and you can see detailed information of iPhone on the left sidebar.
Step 2. Select video to transfer from iPhone to PC
Go to iPhone > Library > Video, you will see iPhone videos on the right interface. Select videos you want to transfer and right click them to select "Transfer to > My Computer".
Step 3: Transfer video from iPhone to PC
A pop-up box will ask you to choose target output directory. After you finish, click "Transfer Now".
Leawo iTransfer supports up to 14 types of data and files for you to manage from computer, including: photos, videos, music, contact, note, books, etc. You could transfer and manage all these data and files between iOS devices and computer. If you’re using a Mac computer, you could make use of Leawo iTransfer for Mac for iOS data transferring and managing on Mac.