It is a quite frustrating thing that your iPhone turns into blue color and your phone reboots when you are using one of iPhone apps. The “iPhone Blue Screen of Death” issue leads to our iPhone unresponsible and will affect our normal mobile life a lot. It seems that it’s most frequent to U.S. T-Mobile users. iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5S and others are affected, so there doesn’t seem any device related problem. If you are also faced with the “iPhone Blue Screen of Death” issue unfortunately, no worries, here are several solutions for you to fix it.
Solution 1. Update or Delete the Apps
Sometimes, an app installed will cause the “iPhone Blue Screen of Death” error. Once you have identified the Apps causing this issue, you could attempt to update them. This may solve the problem. Visit the App Store and tap on Updates to update the Apps you desire to be updated.
If updating the App does not work, maybe the app is faulty. And you need to delete them. If you noticed that the problem occurred shortly after you started using a certain app, and the update did not fix it, delete that app. To do this, choose the app from the home screen. Press and hold your finger on it, and you will see an X on every third-party app. Simply click on the X and the app will be deleted.
Solution 2. Hard Reset Your iPhone
Hard reset is an effective way for iPhone blue screen of death fix. Also, it’s helpful for fixing iPhone red screen and iPhone white screen of death.
1. Press and hold both the “Home” and “Power” button for at least 10 seconds.
Solution 3. Update to the Latest iOS Version
Updating iOS can fixe lots of bugs for software errors and other problems, including the iPhone blue screen error.Once the iPhone has backed up, go to Settings and tap on “General”, followed by “Software Update”. When you see an update available, choose “Install Now”. When the update complete installation of itself, the device will automatically reboot and boot back up as normal when finished.
1.Click Settings, then tap on General.
2.Tap on Software Update.
3.Tap on Install Now.
You can also update the iPhone by connecting your iPhone to your computer. iTunes is used to update the iPhone’s software (iOS).
1.Connect your iPhone to your computer using an USB cable. Then launch iTunes.
2.Click device button to the left of the iTunes Store button in the top right corner in iTunes. Then click “Summary” in the left sidebar.
Solution 4. Restore iPhone to Factory Settings
You can restore your iPhone to factory settings using the iTunes software. iTunes will erase your iPhone, including the apps, settings, and files, so make sure to back up your data. Also, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
iTunes enables users to back up data to iTunes and restore iPhone to factory settings. Before you start restoring iPhone to factory settings, please note that you need to install the latest version of iTunes on your PC or MAC. Then go to Settings > iCloud to turn off Find My iPhone. Now, the detailed restoring steps are as follows.
1. Plug iPhone into the computer with the USB cable. The iTunes on your computer will automatically launch. If not, double-click the icon to start it.
2. Click the name of your iPhone at the upper right corner of iTunes, and then the information of your iPhone will be shown. Click the “Restore iPhone” button in the window to start.
3. iTunes will ask whether you want to back up iPhone before restoring. You’d better choose “Yes” for the reset will erase the contents in your iPhone. Then iTunes will start restoring your iPhone to factory settings.
3. Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your iPhone and installs the latest iOS or iPod software. After you restore your iPhone to factory settings, it will restart. Now you can set it up as new.
Solution 5. Turn off iCloud Sync
iPhone 6 and 5S users inform that they usually see the blue screen of death when they use Numbers, Keynote or Pages. When they press the home button, the blue screen appears, and the phone reboots after that. So try fixing that via the following steps.
1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Documents and Data.
2. Switch off Numbers, Pages and Keynote.
3. Few users have reported that the blue screen of death on iPhone can be fixed by disabling WiFI calling option.
Note: During the process of fix the iPhone blue screen issue, you may lose some important data by accident. If you have previous backup, you can recover them from iTunes or iCloud. But if you have no any backup, you may need to recover deleted data from iPhone directly with iPhone data recovery software.