8tracks.com is an internet radio and social networking website revolving around the concept of streaming user-curated playlists consisting of at least 8 tracks. But it’s impossible for you to listen 8tracks offline. Therefore, how to download songs from 8tracks? You may need an 8tracks downloader to help you enjoy 8tracks music offline. Here we provide 4 effective ways to enable you to download 8tracks music with ease.
Part 1: Brief Introduction to 8tracks
According to their website, 8tracks (pronounced as infinite tracks) is an internet radio and social network revolving around the concept of streaming user-curated playlists consisting of at least 8 tracks. It was established in August 2008, as one of the longest-established music streaming services. It however shutdown at the end of 2019 (briefly), with the owners admitting that “we cannot generate enough revenue, at our current scale, to cover royalties that continue to increase”.
In April 2020, 8tracks bounced back much to the surprise of everyone. That followed the acquisition of some of 8tracks’ assets by a new company called BackBeat Inc, which has vowed to continue operating the brand, and adding newer features as time goes by. BackBeat Inc’s plan is for ad-supported and subscription tiers, including direct licensing deals with labels. Some of the tracks on the existing 8tracks playlists are being automatically skipped for now, albeit the vast majority of current 8tracks playlists are available to stream. You can use the service for free, but the 8tracks plus package gets you an ad-free experience, higher quality and unlimited skips. The plus package costs $4.99, and you can get a 14-day free trial.
Part 2: How to Download Music from 8tracks with Leawo Music Recorder
Speaking of 8tracks downloader, here’s a powerful music recording tool recommended. Leawo Music Recorder, as a superb but easy to use music recording software program, helps you record audio of any source it could capture and save to MP3 or WAV format. It could record audio and music from computer audio and online music sources like YouTube, AOL Music, Last.fm, etc. It is also a music manager which enables people to create, edit and delete playlists for recordings, edit recorded music file info, sync recordings to iTunes, and so on. The following guide will show you how to download music from 8tracks with the software. And you can free download it to have a try.
Step 1.Set audio source to record
Click the “Audio Source” icon on the main interface to set audio source firstly. Because you are going to record 8tracks music, you need to choose from “Record Computer Audio”.
Step 2. Set output location
Click on the “General” button and then hit on folder icon to choose one target folder for the recorded file on your computer. You can also set peeper UI language via this panel in case you need.
Step 3. Set output format and detailed parameters
Hit on “Format” menu at the top of the panel to set MP3 or WAV as the output format of the recorded file. You can also adjust the detailed parameters to improve the sound quality, such as the bit rate and sample rate.
Step 4. Start recording
Click the red “Start” button to let this Music Recorder work. And then click “Play” to play source streaming music. It should be noted that you need to first let this music recording software start recording and then play your source audio file.
If needed, you can use the Task Scheduler for recording. Click the “Recording task scheduler” icon at the bottom-left corner to open the Task Scheduler where you can set the recording start time and duration. This is suitable especially to record FM radio audios.
Step 5. Edit music tags
The program would automatically download and add music tags to your recordings. But needed, you can still edit music tags manually. In “Media > Library” tab, you can see all your recordings. Select a recording and right click, then choose “Edit Music Tags” to manually edit music tags.
This program is quite professional for you to apply to record streaming audio tracks on computer. You can also record input audios via this tool as well. If you are interested, you can give it a go to see how powerful it is.
Part 3: How to Download Music from 8tracks using 8hacks
Apart from the recording methods to download music from 8tracks, you can also use 8hacks to help you to get this work done perfectly. It is one free tool, which can help you to obtain almost all song tracks from 8tracks with high quality. The download speed is high. What’s more, it is compatible on Windows XP or newer, and Mac OS X 10.6 or newer including 32 and 64-bit architectures. The steps shown below will direct you to apply 8hacks to download music from 8tracks conveniently.
1. Download and install 8hacks on your computer. Kick it off on your computer.
2. Open a web browser and then navigate to the website of 8tracks to find a music playlist that you desire to download. Copy the link of the chosen music playlist and paste the URL to the 8hacks software window.
3. Hit on the “Download” button and all the music in the playlist will be downloaded from 8tracks to your local folder.
It is not complicated to use this tool to download 8tracks music. You can try it to see whether it can work perfectly for you.
Part 4: How to Download Music from 8tracks via Chrome Extension
There are a large number of Chrome extensions that you can apply to download music files. You just need to add one proper extension to your Chrome browser and then play the music tracks for capturing. Chrome Audio Capture is worth trying. You can follow below steps to finish the music downloading task from 8 tracks at ease.
1. Find Chrome Audio Capture in the web store of Chrome and then click on “Add to Chrome” button to add it to your Chrome web browser. Its icon will be seen at the top right corner of the window.
2. Navigate to the website of 8tracks and find the music playlist that you desire to download music file. Play back it and hit on the Chrome Audio Capture icon.
3. Click on “Start Capture” and wait for the end of the music that you desire to download.
4. Hit on “Save Capture” when the music ends and the extension will encode it. Click on “Save Capture” again in the new panel and choose a target folder on your computer to save the downloaded music from 8tracks.
You should pay attention to virus issue when you add extension to your Chrome web browser.
Part 5: How to Download Music from 8tracks through Streamosaur
As for downloading music from 8tracks, you can also resort to Streamosaur for help. This tool is totally free of charge, which can assist you to record various kinds of audio sources to the format of MP3 or WAV. Its interface is simple and you can handle it without any difficulty. Even beginner can make use of it to download music from 8tracks easily. The steps in the following can instruct you to get the work done smoothly.
1. Fire up Streamosaur on your computer and then set “WAV” or “MP3” as the record format. The default output format is WAV, but you can use one MP3 encoder to set the output format as MP3.
2. Hit on “Set” button to choose a target folder on your computer to save the recorded 8tracks music file and name it.
3. Afterwards, you need to click on the “Record” button and play back the playlist on 8tracks at the same time.
4. When the music playlist is over, click on the button of “Stop” to terminate the recording process. Thus, the recorded 8tracks music will be accessible on your computer local folder for you to enjoy listening offline.
If you are interested in more detailed features of Streamosaur, you can download and install it on your computer to check out.
Having discussed too much on the solutions to download music from 8tracks, you can see, it is popular to record songs to realize the downloading goal. You can select one method in this guidance that fits you well to finish the task without any difficulty. Leawo Music Recorder is the most professional and powerful audio recording tool that I strongly recommend you have a try.