"I am having trouble getting rid of some of my apps permanently, I would like any help you can give me. How do I permanently remove apps from ipad?"
Too many unwanted apps are taking up our iPad storage space, especially for 16GB iPad users. And you be wondering about how to delete them permanently. If you are also in this situation, you can find the answer in this post. The guidance below will show you how to delete apps on iPad. Whether you need to free up some space for the latest update, or you're just over that boring old app, you can easily delete apps from iPad by following the guidance below.
Method 1. How to Delete Apps Directly from Home Screen
The first method recommended for you is to directly delete apps from Home screen on your iPad. The steps below will show you how to delete apps from iPad directly.
1. You only need to keep touching the icon of the app until it wiggles with an X at the upper left corner.
2. Then tap the X and choose "Delete" in the pop-up dialog. You will get the apps deleted with no efforts.
Method 2. How to Delete iPad Apps from Settings
Sometimes you cannot see the X and don't know how to delete apps on iPad directly, you can check the Settings at this moment. Then you can try to delete the apps on your iPad again.
1. Check the "Settings", then scroll down a bit and tap on the "General" option.
2. Tap on "Usage" (older version of iOS) or tap on the "Storage & iCloud Usage" (newer version of iOS).
3. You need to tap on "Manage Storage" and you'll see a list of all app installed on your iPad. Simply select the app and tap on "Delete" to delete that app.
Method 3. How to Delete iPad Apps from iTunes
Apart from deleting apps on iPad from home screen/Settings, you can also finish the task by deleting them with iTunes. If your app continues to re-appear after deleting from your iPad, check that your device is not still set to sync to iTunes on your computer. If it is, go through iTunes to delete the app from the sync settings and your iPad.
1. Go to iTunes and choose your Apps library. Click an app to select it, then press the Delete key.
2. Another dialogue will ask you if you want to keep the app or move it to the trash.
3. Ted Landau recently posted a tip discussing why that can be useful.
4. You can delete iPad apps from iTunes library, but keep them in a folder on your Mac just in case.
Method 4. The Easiest Way to Delete Apps from iPad
If you want to delete apps from iPad in batch, and meanwhile delete the apps in iTunes, you will want to try this iPad manager software – Leawo iTransfer. Leawo iTransfer is used for transferring files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs, and it helps users manage the files in their iOS devices with ease. The following guidance will show you how to delete apps from iPad with the software, and you can free download this software to have a try. Note that the trial version has limited transfer times.
Tips: Leawo iTransfer only works with iTunes installed on your PC.
1. Run Leawo iTransfer and connect iPad to computer with the USB cable. The software will recognize the iPad and automatically detect the libraries of the iPad, and show the libraries in the left sidebar. Choose "Apps" library and then the contents will be shown in the right part of the window.